Capture the Princess Problem

Yosemite

Yer Brain on Sean Connery
So, I'm playing the "Capture the Princess" short game mode, and it's not making sense to me. I just took Mecca, and of course, the Arab princess with it (I think it's pretty funny that I gave my civilization the custom name of "Israel," and I am constantly at war with the Arabs).

I can't move the princess on my own because she is immobile, and is supposed to be immobile and all. The way to get her back to my capital and capture her is, according to the civlopedia, to "execute the 'capture' option" with a unit that is in the same tile as her. But I can't do that. No matter what unit is in the same tile as her, even if it's the one that captured the city, I can't load her onto the unit or anything like that to move her. She isn't loaded automatically, because when I move the unit that captured the city, she stays in Mecca.

Can someone tell me how to capture her?

Don't think you can. I heard somewhere that the capture the princess game was broken, and Firaxis never bothered to fix it. Sods of programmers if you ask me...

Can someone tell me how to capture her?
How about some flowers and candies?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't know much about the short modes as I never tried them, but I read somewhere there can be multiple princesses, maybe you have to whack them all.

A unit on the same tile as the princess should have the "Capture" button, which will allow you to take her back to your capital... If it's not there, try turning advanced buttons on.

What Omega said.

And I've noticed that it does seem broken, because of other issues that never worked. I can pick it up fine, but I can't seem to send captured enemy princesses to my capital; I can only take my own princess and send her to my capital.

@Omega & Watorrey: I turned them on and still don't have the option, it must be broken. But thank you for this, because now I have all these cool advanced buttons.
@Bluemofia: Really, you can pick up your own princess? CTP Must be broken, and broken inconsistently then.

In all of my games, taking my enemy's princess to my capital does nothing; only taking my princess.

Silly isn't it? I often win in the BCs with Victory point because the AI's stupid.

In all of my games, taking my enemy's princess to my capital does nothing; only taking my princess.

Silly isn't it? I often win in the BCs with Victory point because the AI's stupid.

How is it that you bring your own princess to your capital? She starts there, and she's immobile.

How is it that you bring your own princess to your capital? She starts there, and she's immobile.

I pick her up with a warrior. I walk one square away. I go back. And repeat.

I've found it impossible to finish the capture the princess due to the bug not allowing you to capture the princess. But after playing it, I switched to regicide and now every time I play a game of regicide I get multiples of the leader, 7 or 8 of them and so does all of the AI's. Is there a solution to this problem?

You've probably enabled "mass regicide", which gives everyone 7 kings. Disabling it should solve the problem.

Very carefully.

Well, you need to protect your king and hunt they AI's king(s). That's probably the simplest way to win.

MR is fun, for the first two or three games, because you start out with 7 free scouts. But it gets old pretty quick.

Top Bottom