Captured cities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by T34, Apr 6, 2006.

1. T34

T34 Chieftain

I have a problem in holding onto captured cities. If there civ i've captured the city from survives the wrar then they almost always flip the city back in afew years. Most people could argue that this is good because its what tneds to happen in reality but on the game whats the best ways to keep captured cities?

2. scooter

scooter Prince

Keep a good size garrison there until you can get some decent culture in there.

Edit: POST NUMBER 100 :)

3. Malarkey

Malarkey Chieftain

There's a few ways.

Start pumping culture into your newly caputered city with theatres, and other culture improving buildings, or you could drop a culture bomb into that city using a great artist if one is availible.

You could take over nearby cities, that have their culture influencing your newly captured city's borders. Doing this usually just means that you'll be stuck in the same boat with the new cities that you've captured. An alternative would be to raise the nearby cities, which is something that I often do if I don't have the money to expand much beyond what I've already captured.

A third option would be to turn off culture flipping when starting a new game. This can only be done by going to custom game though.

4. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

Do you have the option that allows for flips after a cities capture on?

And remember that it is not always good to keep a city, there are times when it is best to raze it.

5. T34

T34 Chieftain

I don't like taking the city flipping option off because I feel its part of the game. I often raze cities I capture if I feel that they are either in a abd position or that I can't afford them.

6. Eternalsteelfan

Eternalsteelfan Prince

The best way to stop flipping is taking over the nearby enemy cities, prioritize big culture producers.