1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capturing World Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by reker, Jul 25, 2013.

1. reker

reker Chieftain

I can determine which wonders another civ has from the diplomacy screen. But is there a way to determine which cities hold each Wonder? It would be useful to know this in planning which order to attack cities.
    Also, if a Capitol is captured the palace move to a new Capitol. But can someone confirm that the World Wonders do not relocate but are captured with the city?

2. Solmyr

Solmyr Chieftain

You can use spies to see what a city has. The AI usually builds all wonders in its capital unless they have a terrain requirement. They stay with the city and do not relocate.

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

^ Agree. You can also scout their cities to see what graphic indications of wonders are next to particular cities. Many are quite recognizable (such as Stonehenge, Great Lighthouse, Mausoleum, Statue of Zeus, etc.).

4. M.Quazum

M.Quazum Chieftain

You can look real close at their city or spy on them. They are almost always in the Capitol in my experience unless its a wonder that requires certain terrain (i.e. Petra). In warmongering games, the amount of wonders a civ has is one of the main factors in determining who to conquer.

5. Murrica

Murrica Chieftain

Be careful when you use your eyes to spot wonders. The leaning tower is surprisingly straight on the map! I think the AI is trying to fool you.:lol:

6. Leviat

Leviat Addict

I had a strange thing happen in a game. My neighbor built Borobudur in their capital (as well as a few other wonders), but when I conquered it Borobudur just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Are you certain that the Borobudur was completed? As construction progresses it can look finished. Though I haven't looked at the XML for Borobudur, World Wonders are generally coded to survive the capture of their city.

8. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Very nice reply to 3 year old post

9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be much, much, more careful the next time so that you con't catch me out again.