Car Collisions!!!

I ran into my garage, but in my defense I only had my permit a few months. Then a few months ago I hit a snow drift with some ice under it, and my truck did a 180 right into an eight foot ditch. Of course the truck was ruined by I escaped with only minor chest pain from the seat belt.

How bizarre to see this thread...
I just came back from a minor accident, agravated by the circumstances...

Me, another guy and two grils went to Barra(a relatively far neighbouhood) for a barbecue. We went on my car and so I were the driver.
On the way home, we found out that the two major avenues were temporarily closed to due to a manifestation of people of the Rocinha slum against police brutality. We only had two options: either stop and wait a couple of hours with everybody else, or take a sinuous and small road that goes up some mountains and come down at the South Zone(where we live). Since young people have no patience, I decided to take the hard road. When we were around the highets place of the road, a car came in the other direction at around 100 km/h. Since the road is very small, I were forced to make a drastic turn right. Since I were at around 50 km/h, I couldn't stop the car completely, and so the back/right tire hit the sidewalk and collapsed.
We had to stop to change, but it was already night, and we were in the middle of a forest, with no light whatsoever. I had to change the tire using only the light of my cell phone(they have one utility after all), and of course we were worried that we could've easily been robbed, since that was a completely desert are close to the access of a major slum. Fortunately I'm a very crafty guy and so after 20 minutes I managed to make the change, and I got home just fine around half hour ago(I had to leave my friends at their homes).

The first time I drove on the highway I got in an accident. It was my crazy first girlfriend's car and she encouraged me to get in the fast lane. I was a bit intimidated by the experience & I made sure to steer clear of the middle lanes cars. There was a shoulder on my left and I was slightly over the line in it. Abruptly it ended and my front wheel went up on it slightly. The car spun out and the car behind us braked and was able to stop right before hitting us (about 6 inches away). But then the car behind them hit them and they hit us. :lol:

No one was hurt but my girlfriend (at the time) was getting all frantic and emotionally. I had to be the rock. We were out in the cold waiting for the cops for over an hour.

I've been in two other accidents also. Both my fault. Last one was last summer and I totaled my car. At least I got a insurance refund. :)

Driving is dangerous & I don't think most people are qualified to do it. Driver's should be required to pass emotional, mental & stress tests before hitting the road along with the physical road test.

- Narz :king:

My greatest hobby is classic car rallying. I have seen too many very beautiful classic cars getting wrecked. Two weeks ago, I saw a 1958 Mercedes 280 SL without a left front wheel + suspension.
A day after, I whitnessed a Matra Bonnet D'Jet, missing a nose, radiator, wheel suspension and a leeking fuel tank (completely emptied in a small French village), after a close encounter with a Porsche 911. The Porsche only missed a headlight......

I'm so bored of having seen/heard so many car collisions! I live in a dangerous block/curve, and many drivers get into the curve with almost the double or triple maximum speed allowed! When I hear a loud noise from the brakes(before the crash), I only wish nobody gets hurt.

This bizarre crash happened to my friend. He had his Audi A3 parked at a narrow one-way street in a slope near his home. Nearby is a market square, and many of the merchants there have these small trailers that use as selling kiosks. Anyway, one of them for some reason drove up that street with the trailer and suddenly realised that she was driving in the wrong direction. She started making a u-turn, but got stuck. Now, stupid as she was, she unhooked the trailer to fix the situation, but it was far too heavy for her, so she had to let go, and it rolled down the slope right into my friends car!

And worst of all, since the crash was due to a unmotorised vehicle, the usual traffic insurance didn't cover the expenses. The woman was of course broke, and only after lots and lots of negotiations, phone calls and threaths of lawsuits did he finally get the woman to pay the repair costs. He only got his car back after two months.

Top Bottom