Car designed for Women

Ramius75

Deity
Iran unveils plan for women's car

Iran has announced plans for a new car designed specially for women.

Its features will include automatic transmission, parking and navigation aids and a jack for changing tyres without getting grease on your chador.

Iran's biggest car producer, Iran Khodro, says it will come in a range of feminine colours and interior designs.

Other features are proposed to make it easier for women when they are doing the family shopping or taking their children to school.

If that suggests a degree of sexist stereotyping in Iranian society, it is, just possibly, true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7657810.stm

Here's something to cheer you guys from the gloom of the global market. Cars for Women !!

Well, since there already has been Credit cards for women, shopping centres for women, Spa for women... So its isn't really a creative idea...

What i hope for is
- Auto parallel parking
- Auto Drive thru navigation
- It either can change lane fast or not at all
- road hogging alarm
- Comes with washing machine, dryer and Iron

What else ?? :D :lol:

Oh man, I so want to find an old cartoon that I remember seeing as a kid. Talk about sexist when it came to women and cars...

Why would you need a car for women? They can't drive!

[/bigotry]

Well, at least we'll get the joy of seeing bright pink cars driving down the streets of Iran. That'll make the whole country alot cheerier.

Wouldn't driving a car that specifically points out your femininity (through girl colors or whatever) be immodest and thus unIslamic?

Bugfatty: good one! :)

But seriously, I'd want a car with all that stuff. I'm not particularly eager to spend time parallel parking on my own, and GPS rock.

my suggested features (sarcasm):
a nagging car alarm
a passive-aggressive horn
a gps navigator to find the kitchen
a scrolling marquee in the backwindow to let people know when the driver is PMSing
dashboard lights that say nothing's wrong, when there is something wrong

Wouldn't driving a car that specifically points out your femininity (through girl colors or whatever) be immodest and thus unIslamic?

well, Iranian women and girls are rather financially independence and most hold professional jobs as doctors, lawyers and others.

from the article itself, 60% of the graduates in Iran are women.

When i was in Iran not so long ago. i even got whistles and cheers from a passing car full of girls ;D haha.

Women are allowed to drive in Iran?? Really?? Whoa way better than Saudi Arabia. I think we may need to reevaluate our list of oil suppliers.

Nice Bug, would've been even better if there was a slit for the headlights (eyes) to shine thru though.

I was going to make a half-assed joke about pots and pans, but there's no beating that, B.

Women are allowed to drive in Iran?? Really?? Whoa way better than Saudi Arabia. I think we may need to reevaluate our list of oil suppliers.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the Iranian government, but I think I like the house of Saud even less.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the Iranian government, but I think I like the house of Saud even less.

Al Qaeda doesn't like them either.

But no, 9/11 happened because of Coca-Cola and Brittany Spears and of course our freedoms.

I found a picture of one of the prototypes.
Spoiler :

:eek: I can see it's tire! STONE IT NOW!

But you saved me the trouble of Photoshopping a car. :D

If that suggests a degree of sexist stereotyping in Iranian society, it is, just possibly, true.

Suggests? I'm gonna go with "confirms".

Any woman that needs that kind of crap really ought to stay in the kitchen anyway. Hem some pants or make some pie and stop soiling the reputation of those of us who aren't handicapped.

Top Bottom