1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caravans need to be re-routed so frequently

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Gary King, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Gary King

Gary King Prince

For some reason, when I setup my Caravans to deal with a city, every so often the prompt will appear for me to choose a city again.

There must be something causing the Caravan to stop going to the city I chose, but what? Things like Open Borders getting canceled doesn't affect them, for instance, do they?

2. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Wondermonger

There may be much more lucrative or safe destination cities in the future, so trade routes have a set duration. I'm usually counting down the turns before I can reroute a cargo ship.

3. Gary King

Gary King Prince

How many turns do they last?

4. gsmart04

gsmart04 Chieftain

Check the trade routes screen. Turns to go is to the right.

5. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Wondermonger

I'm really not sure what determines the duration, but check Your Trade Routes in the trade route overview to see when they will need to be renewed.

6. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Don't each trade route last for 30 turns before it prompt you for renewal or new route?

7. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

My guess is you are running several caravans that were launched with short intervals in-between. So what you think is a caravan asking you too frequently is actually each caravan finishing their trade on their respective turns.

8. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Wondermonger

No, I just tried setting up three different trade routes, and they would've lasted 36, 30 or 32 turns.

9. Fabio1701

Fabio1701 King

it could be that if the city you are trading with changed hands, that it stops the route. I actually would like the ability to choose when to stop a trade route and make another after X turns , say 15 on standard. This would help take advantage of changes in the political landscape and CS quests.

10. dhialuck

dhialuck Chieftain

Or how about this: roads increase the range of trade routes so maybe if a chain of roads that the caravan was using broke somewhere then the caravan wont be in range to reach the destination and will need re-routing (I might have just given away an exploit on how to manually stop a trade route but in practice not useful since we don't know the range at which our caravan is going, thank god :)

11. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Has there been a lot of Embargoing in the WC? That'll prematurely cancel any trade routes you have with the embargoed civ.