Caravels : Give Pillage Ability + Transport settlers & workers

Do you want that Caravels have Pillage ? Do you want Caravels => Settlers & Workers?

• Total voters
I voted for the one option you don't want us to vote for. I vote for Danicela to stop making polls. And i think Caravels are perfectly fine as they are.
is it too late for me to change my vote? really... making a "public poll" so he can berate specific people? sigh...

I voted for the one option you don't want us to vote for. I vote for Danicela to stop making polls. And i think Caravels are perfectly fine as they are.

I don't want you vote for this option because this is only an INDICATION, not a poll option, you just have to be ****** to vote for this.
Doing it shows that you are not going well.
There is no "Danicela stops making polls" because this is just ridiculous.
Why do you want it ? My polls have a purpose, they are useful, and they are made to show the common opinion of people, you don't want to participate to the poll ? Go out from my topics and good bye, but don't come here to insult me and to pollute my polls & topics, you don't need to do it in all my topics. Having a poll is just better than having not a poll, it shows clearfully if players agree or not with me, not using them is just bad.
If you think Caravels are perfectly fine as they are, vote for the poll options that corresponds, give your reasons, and go out, but don't annoy me please.

is it too late for me to change my vote? really... making a "public poll" so he can berate specific people? sigh...

You can't change a vote you've done already, you have to think carefully before voting, I know that this is hard for you but try plz.
What do you have against "public polls" ? => It's to know who voted for what.
I don't "berate specific people" => Where did I do that ?
Don't accuse me of something I don't do without any proof.
I just see that you always say "No" to my polls no matter the question is, only because I AM the one who asks, and this is just pitiful.

Oh geez lighten up everybody. Of course people are going to choose the "don't vote for this" option. I was tempted myself. :lol: It doesn't make them stupid, f*cked, or whatever those stars represent.

But seriously, although I do think that changing caravels to pillage or transport would be detrimental to the game, there's nothing wrong with bringing the issue up in a poll. The idea of making them able to pillage isn't so unreasonable. A couple of small warships can certainly kill as many fishermen as they encounter. But since they are primarily recon craft that can enter enemy lands without war, I prefer that they not pillage.

Danicela said:
I just see that you always say "No" to my polls no matter the question is, only because I AM the one who asks, and this is just pitiful.

No, it's because of the way you ask it. There is such a thing as proper etiquette you know. Or rather you don't, but one day you might.

What I don't understand, Danicela, is why you didn't make a normal poll instead of multiple choice, and have the options:

1)For Pillaging and Settler/Worker transport

2)For Pillaging and Against Settler/Worker transport

3)Against Pillaging and for Settler/Worker transport

4)Against Pillaging and Settler/Worker transport

5)None of the above

Which would give you all the information of the above poll in only 5 options instead of 7, with no room for confusion.

danicela said:
I don't "berate specific people" => Where did I do that ?

how about here...

danicela said:
wongasta : Why did you voted for ALL options ? This is just impossible, you made it for fun like a ****

There are 6 people who voted for the option that is not a real one ...
=> bazola, Bongo-Bongo, Cookie Crumbs, Silver Marmot, Truronian, wongasta
=> Are you all ***** ?

Sohan : You can't vote for both : "I don't care" and "Blank Vote", it was explained...

Is this so hard to understand or what ?

Hehe.

I wonder what those other words are. Without the actual words included, it doesn't seem like beration. berate: To rebuke or scold angrily and at length

ok, maybe it wasn't at length, replace berate with.. maybe, "scold"?.... ok, i'll go with scold
scold
VERB:
tr.
To reprimand or criticize harshly and usually angrily.
VERB:
intr.
To reprove or criticize openly.

Ok... this thread is getting a little off topic...

Back to the matters at hand: I agree that the caravel should remain as is, but does anyone else believe that the game could use another ship, buildable the same time as the caravel, that, like the frigate, is for military use only?

and as for you Danicela: a certain phrase comes to mind, it starts with an S and ends with a TUF...

Acceptable_Loss said:
and as for you Danicela: a certain phrase comes to mind, it starts with an S and ends with a TUF...

I don't get it, and i don't think he will either since he's not a native English speaker (though he does like to pretend that he knows better than native English speakers whether their expressions and idioms are accurate).

Edit : unless you meant that it ends in TFU...

Of course people are going to choose the "don't vote for this" option. I was tempted myself. It doesn't make them stupid, f*cked, or whatever those stars represent.

What is the interest except to show that you don't do what you have to do ?
Doing something that brings to nothing reveals something bad in those posters...
People SHOULD NOT choose for this option because this is not one.

But since they are primarily recon craft

That's why they beat Galleys ?
But Galleys can pillage ?
There is a contradiction here.

No, it's because of the way you ask it.

Firstly, you won't say "No" to something only because it's bad asked, but because you say "No" to the question in itself, so if you say "No" only because it's bad asked, you don't answer to the question. The fact that it could be bad asked is not a reason to say "No". It makes you out-of-subject.
Why the way I ask it is bad ?
I don't do anything "bad" but you do.

There is such a thing as proper etiquette you know. Or rather you don't, but one day you might.

What are you talking about ?
I know everything I should know for posting polls ~~
And even if there is something, it doesn't give you the right to give an answer incompatible with the question only because you don't like me.

What I don't understand, Danicela, is why you didn't make a normal poll instead of multiple choice, and have the options:

1)For Pillaging and Settler/Worker transport

2)For Pillaging and Against Settler/Worker transport

3)Against Pillaging and for Settler/Worker transport

4)Against Pillaging and Settler/Worker transport

5)None of the above

Which would give you all the information of the above poll in only 5 options instead of 7, with no room for confusion.

If you see all my other polls, you'll see that I did as you say until now.
But this is not a good issue, because with the number of options, it makes an exponential growing number of options, ex for 4 :

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.
No, Yes, Yes, Yes.
Yes, No, Yes, Yes.
Yes, Yes, No, Yes.
Yes, Yes, Yes, No.
Yes, No, Yes, No.
etc.

Note that only 3 options would be enough with multiple choice options. (Yes for this, Yes for that, or No for all)

I wanted to take something better, with multiple choice options, this is not my fault if some narrow-minded/st*pid/bad-intentionned people want to destroy my poll, it's not my fault, it's the fault of the bad posters/poll answerers.

And the Undecided, I don't care, and Blank Vote, are the convention for all my polls and I don't want to abandon them because they are all useful for people who don't want to answer to the question directly for some reasons.

There are not confusion in my polls, only st*pid people can misunderstand my poll option "Vote for...", this action can also be intentionnal, and it's not to me to correct it by their fault.

It's good as it is now.

how about here...

Read again what I said in this topic, these things are needed, because this is an impossible configuration, I don't cry for people who say No, I cry for people who say something impossible, this is a difference, you misunderstood.

I wonder what those other words are. Without the actual words included, it doesn't seem like beration. berate: To rebuke or scold angrily and at length

?

Ok... this thread is getting a little off topic...

Not my fault.

It ends with TFU ..
And why ?
I don't do anything that is bad.
You should say it to the other who are wrong.
I'm right, what I do is not bad, saying this to me instead of them is just absurd.
It means that you are wrong too and that you don't understand.
For what you dare to say me that?

I don't get it, and i don't think he will either since he's not a native English speaker

I'm maybe not a native English speaker, but I know many things, enough things... I understood what he said.

though he does like to pretend that he knows better than native English speakers whether their expressions and idioms are accurate

I never pretended that.
You misunderstood.
Re-read the whole post.

Edit : unless you meant that it ends in TFU...

That is what I say :lol:

Keep digging your own grave and showing people right who say you have bad manners. It's pretty funny!

All that aside I would like the Caravel to carry settlers and workers only. As stated above it is allowed into other Civ waters so I see it as explore and colonize. With this ability a Civ could get a toehold on a second continent before the resident Civ is too strong to tangle with.

All that aside I would like the Caravel to carry settlers and workers only. As stated above it is allowed into other Civ waters so I see it as explore and colonize. With this ability a Civ could get a toehold on a second continent before the resident Civ is too strong to tangle with.

How can you get a toehold on another continent when you can only transport settlers and workers, no military? Any sensible resident Civ will just say "thank you very much", and burn it immediately for some cash.

Settlers and Workers would be large groups of people. One man starting a city would be ridiculous, and one man building a mine would take far too long. But a missionary or spy could sensibly be one person. Caravels were small, and could not carry enough people for this.

However, I want Portugal in the game, with their special unit beingh the "Carrack", which can carry Settlers (no workers, or military units).

To me its all about game balance. Yes in reality, colonists of the Americas did travel over in caravels (at least some did) as settlements like Jamestown were really tiny, and even in game terms you can fit two whole military units on a galley, so your telling me the caravel unit represents a few ships and the galley hundreds?

No its because optics is relatively cheap to research and you can get it quite early if you want to, but Astronomy is a whole lot more expensive..,,even as things stand now, in 95% of my games, someone has circumnavigated the world by 1400 AD, which is still far too early..

I vote leave things as they are, but make optics and astronomy more expensive..its too easy to have a complete world map by 1500AD even with a huge world.

Keep digging your own grave

I'm not doing anything bad at all.
I'm not keeping digging my own grave at all.
You are only dreaming.

and showing people right who say you have bad manners

I don't have bad manners.
Prove what you say before saying false things.
Stop to bother me with lies.

It's pretty funny!

It's not funny because there is not anything that is funny.
You are not funny because you don't stop to annoy me.
Just let me in peace with your wrong insults.

How can you get a toehold on another continent when you can only transport settlers and workers, no military?

Caravels don't transport military ...
What do you think is better ?
Transporting only useless non military units or all non military units ?

Caravels were small, and could not carry enough people for this.

They are bigger than Galleys but these ones can transport settlers & workers..

so your telling me the caravel unit represents a few ships and the galley hundreds?

Yes, the "size" argument is not receivable because you have galleys that are less powerful than Caravels but Galleys can transport all whereas Caravels transport only singular units, there is an ilogic fact here.

No its because optics is relatively cheap to research and you can get it quite early if you want to, but Astronomy is a whole lot more expensive..,,even as things stand now, in 95% of my games, someone has circumnavigated the world by 1400 AD, which is still far too early..

I vote leave things as they are, but make optics and astronomy more expensive..its too easy to have a complete world map by 1500AD even with a huge world.

lol?
We have Caravels in ~1800 in our games because Optics and even Astronomy are far too expensive. (it's true that I have Stonehenge so I don't do Calendar, and that we have to give priority to military technoligies first)
You say that they are too cheap while they are too expensive in fact...

We have Caravels in ~1800 in our games because Optics and even Astronomy are far too expensive. (it's true that I have Stonehenge so I don't do Calendar, and that we have to give priority to military technoligies first)
i think you've diagnosed your own problem. i never build stonehenge, but if you do (and lots of people swear by it), think of it as mainly an early source of great prophets, don't worry about obsoleting it. even my beloved collossus has to go, and it's not worth delaying astronomy, no matter how nice that extra gold is. if you build ANY wonder that goes obsolete, remember that it's almost never worth it to delay techs to keep the wonder.

edit
here, danicela, download this, unzip it into your mods folder, and presto! your caravels can carry settlers and workers! it took me longer to start my civ game to test this mod than it did to make it. if you'd just take the time to browse the creation and customization forum, you'd see how unbelievably easy it is to solve all your "problems" with civ. you can unbalance the game in any way you see fit, this is just one of them. i don't recommend this mod to anyone, i like the system the way it is, but i'm just trying to show danicela how easy it is to tailor the game to your wishes. all i used was notepad, and i cut + pasted 3 times and saved it. that's it! it takes less time than writing even 1 rambling, rediculous post! you can make them pilliage if you want, but i didn't want to do everything for you.

i think you've diagnosed your own problem

It's not a problem.

think of it as mainly an early source of great prophets

You can't create GP very well with a +2...
I build Stonehenge for Obelisks.
Because you need the +1 range for new cities.
Great prophets are only a plus but Stonehenge is not a very good way for great prophets due to his weak productivity.

don't worry about obsoleting it

You don't have more Obelisks if you do Calendar.
Maybe in the late game it becomes less useful, but it's still useful for captured cities.
So if I want to obsolete it, it's a loss, and I do it only if I really need it.

even my beloved collossus has to go, and it's not worth delaying astronomy, no matter how nice that extra gold is.

It depends on the needs you have and the time of the game.

if you build ANY wonder that goes obsolete, remember that it's almost never worth it to delay techs to keep the wonder.

I know that you won't be able to keep them all, but I prefer to push the time when I will set them obsolete, I prefer use them until they are not enough good in comparison with the technology that makes the wonder obsolete.

here, danicela, download this, unzip it into your mods folder, and presto! your caravels can carry settlers and workers! it took me longer to start my civ game to test this mod than it did to make it. if you'd just take the time to browse the creation and customization forum, you'd see how unbelievably easy it is to solve all your "problems" with civ

You don't understand that it's not my "problems" with civ, I don't want a particular mod, I want an official change by patch because it's an universal unbalancement that needs to be changed for all players.
Note that several problems can't be solved by mods.
Many things and the most have to be changed by developpers.

you can unbalance the game in any way you see fit, this is just one of them.

You don't understand.
Currently, it's unbalanced.
I want that Caravels become balanced.

but i'm just trying to show danicela how easy it is to tailor the game to your wishes

I know that the game can be modified but you don't see the point.

all i used was notepad, and i cut + pasted 3 times and saved it. that's it!

But you need the knowledge of modding.

takes less time than writing even 1 rambling, rediculous post!

Firstly, making a post always takes less time than modding.
After, it's not a rambling, nor a ridiculous post.
It asks only for needed modifications.
But there are more people that prefer not to change.
It's now the time of developpers to decide...

you can make them pilliage if you want, but i didn't want to do everything for you.

I don't want you do anything for me.
I want that you do nothing for me.
I want that you forget me.

Top Bottom