1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardith Lorda's stagnant cities

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Strategy & Tips' started by civ-wrecked, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

You could use Kuriotates worldspell to counter such things. They are cultural power even without it, so I believe that in a couple of turns You will overcome culture of that city. Of course, You can always conquer and burn it...

As for a question: playing Kurios I scout nearby teritory, and if I see particulary goo spot for a second city, I colonize it ASAP. With a third city, it is not as obvious. If I can settle a good spot I do it, if not - I will conquer fine city from my neighbour :)
    Important thing in my opinion: You don't have to place Your cities close to eachother,. I typically settle in a distance of about 12 tiles between my metropolies, and than feel the gaps with settlements. You will have centaurs, so You can effectively defend large teritory

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Chieftain

Unfortunately this was like turn 100 (I had changed his trait a few turns before.) and I didn't want to waste the spell on two cities. I could not conquer them yet because I had only warriors (I was upgrading economy very well, should I have been working towards centaurs early on?). Plus, 300 culture does nothing against the 4000 that a great bard gives a city. BTW, how did Luchuirp get a great bard in 100 turns? Ugh.

3. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

there's a random event that basically gives a free culturebomb. I hate that.

4. a_civilian

a_civilian Warlord

It was actually changed to give 50 turns of "cruel oppression" unhappiness, meaning 1 unhappiness per 10 turns remaining, rounded up (starting at 5 unhappiness), so it's no longer entirely free.

5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

yeah, but it seems like the AI doesn't handle that well, so it was changed back to default in Wild Mana.

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Chieftain

Ahhh, random event. Ok, that makes me feel better. Its like having archeron appear right next to your main.

BTW, on mods, is Wild Mana the best modmod out there right now in terms of how well done and how much it improves vanilla? Wild Mana has a great description of itself up, but the other two, Orbis and errr I forget the other one, are kind of vague on what they do.

7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

the other two have way more content, WM is much closer to vanilla FFH and most of the new content is optional. the AI is pretty good and the turns go by very quick. in the end it all depends on what kind of gameplay you like. I suggest you wait for the next version of RifE if you want to try RifE, the current one has issues but the next one should be a hell of a lot better.