1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Carlton: A town on the rise

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Paasky, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Paasky

Paasky Good News Everyone!

Neither could I, in SC3k atleast. But with the region thing in SC4, it's quite easy. If the whole region has a huge need for jobs, just create a new high-dense commercial area on some much-used road & turn the taxes down. Then watch them grow. Same thing with Residential: If there are too many jobs i the region, Residential demand will sky-rocket.

2. Emp. Killyouall

Emp. Killyouall EVIL Emperor

sc3 is pretty easy, just hard to get started. I have a 2130 game that is going extremely well.

3. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

You'll get better flow if you hook up the roads to the land. Otherwise you can only get pedestrian traffic.

4. Paasky

That's an old picture, Carlton has now grown onto the mainland. There are 2 new bridges built. And the ferry transports people + vehicles.

5. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I played one game once... it's alot of fun.

I had a park next to a natural gas powerplant, near the center of town, traffic, and due to bridgebuilding constraints, the traffic was horrible, as it was pretty much the nexus of 3 bridges.

bad traffic causes accidents..
    accidents cause cars to fly into natural gas plants...

I got a message, teh natural gas power plant is on fire, I rus fire engine to the scene, just in time, I see a child swinging on a swing in the park...

BOOM! :lol: I laughed so hard...everything wiped out. Ended up being a good thing... I got to reroute traffic, and make the trafic mess much more organized, as well as erect a memorial park in the center of the city.

Looks like you are enjoying your game alot. :)

6. Paasky

I just wish I had time to play SC4, but that doesn't seem probable... :(

7. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Like I said, I played one game. It was literal. Borrowed the disk from a friend. I wish I had time to play alot of games.