1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

carthage and stability questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by BirdofSand, Dec 2, 2015.

1. BirdofSand

BirdofSand Chieftain

Hello

I plan to play as carthage and have few questions which probably have been answerd already(sorry, but most of those weren't answered by Rhye , so a conformation from different users would be helpful).

my main confusion is with the yellow tiles in the stability map, do they count towrds the 32 limit out side the historical area? and if so do they decrease the stability less then the orange and red tiles? what happens if i found a city in the eastern coast of spain for example, and it's cultural borders grow so when spain emerges it's in my cultural border? would spain try to conquer my city?

also if i would found a city in sur and in spain and the rest in north africa, can i count on other civilizations to counter my cultural border growth so i won't have too many red/orange tiles

lastly I want to continue to play until the 20th century, is it really difficult?(playing carthage and the stability issues)

Thanks!

2. ales_

ales_ Heir

What is the 32 limit?

3. BirdofSand

BirdofSand Chieftain

as I understand it, you can have up to 32 red/orange tiles in your cultural borders without a penalty, for every tile beyond the 32 it decreases the stabilty.

don't know about the yellow tiles though, which is what I was asking about.

4. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

I suggest you play Dawn of Civilization, it is a vast improvement over basic RFC in almost every aspect (except that Leoreth ruined Central Planning, ruined it ah tells ya!). There expansion stability is quite a bit simpler: I think it doesn't really matter what tiles you control with your culture, but what tiles your cities are on and how much population they have. Basically your population outside your core shouldn't exceed your core population by too much or you get negative stability, with population on historical tiles counting less than that on foreign territory.

5. BirdofSand

BirdofSand Chieftain

thanks for the reply!
    I think i will still going to try rhye's and fall though.

6. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade Holy Pin

When I remember correctly the expansion stability is calculated by something like this:

(<last number foreign plots> - 32)*2/7 - #cities * 7

I hope this helps