Carthage in RFC

angelus512

Warlord
Is there any way to disable Barbarians in RFC?

I was plodding along ok as Carthage...well as ok as a pretty poor starting position can be insofar as terrain is concerned.

Ethopia was a vassal by choice (nice), I'd just declared war on Egypt and was about to take their capital.

Then bam along comes hordes of barbarian camel archers that are hit points 10 and various bonuses.
Fended them off but they got rid of my assault so I had to pull back from Egypt. Then hordes of camel archers and horse archers (about 6 odd of them) come racing for Carthage and ransack the joint.

Anywho at this point game over. So thoughts about how to turn this off if possible?
Or at least advice on how to get around this annoying issue.

I failed two times to gain Carthage UHV, barbarians camels are very dangerous.

However, I would suggest two things :
- Buy early one then two mercenaries against horse.
- Build the great wall.

The Great Wall doesn't block Camel Archers. For some reason, Unique Units are not blocked.

Barbarians are pretty important in RFC. Generally, massive barbarian hordes show up to wipe your civ off the map. The game's designed that way, just like it's designed with stability. Turning off the barbs would unbalance the game.

- Barbs are integral to RFC,
- The Great Wall does block the BARBARIAN Camel Archers, but let's the NATIVE Impis through..
- Otherwise, now in your second game you will know that they are coming.

The Great Wall doesn't block Camel Archers. For some reason, Unique Units are not blocked.

Uh ? Not really. I've built the Great Wall many times as Babylon and Camel Archers from Arabia never made it into Mesopotamia.

Uh ? Not really. I've built the Great Wall many times as Babylon and Camel Archers from Arabia never made it into Mesopotamia.
Perfectly true, I have the same experience.

However in RFC you need to remember that the great wall protects your cultral borders only inside the same continent where the wall is built, not outside it!

This is a typical problem for Rome:
You control part of north africa and you build the great wall in Rome: only your european territory is protected, not the african part.

I had similar experience building the wall as Persia: my european and african territories were not protected.

o,cmon whats the fun without barbarians, just get some pikemans mercenaries they cost the half, and i managed to win the Carthage RFC actully i found one of the easyst, u just got to have a nice money for mercenaries and workers for city improvement fast, and tecs that u demand its all about tatics that would be not much realist withour barbarians ^^

Top Bottom