Casus Belli

CivFan87

Chieftain
Europa universalis 3 has an interesting idea feature called 'Casus Belli' which wikipedia tells me means "Cause for war". I think this would be a great way to balance warmongering and being a peacenik.

It should still be possible to wage war without one, NOT having a casus belli should give the attacker a few penalties, like -1 relations hit with everyone and 150% more war weariness than usual.

Having a casus belli means the population of your civ would back the war, because you have good reason for it! I'm thinking bonsuses should be something like 1+ happy face in all cities during the war, maybe a very slight miltiary production bonus and/or extra promotions(to represent the population's eagerness to fight)

Now what would cause a Casus Belli? That is the one I haven't fully thought out yet :p One thing I have I have thought of is related to culture, if Civ A has a city with the (majority)culture of Civ B, then Civ B can ask for the city, if Civ A refuses then Civ B gets a casus belli.

I admit these ideas need a bit more of fleshing out but I'd like to hear what others think first.

I like the idea, but I think it should be something like this;
Without a Casu Belli, the mechanics would be as now...
With a Casu Belli, you should have a 50% decrease on WW against that civ... And maybe suffer less relations hits from other civs aswell...

Top Bottom