CAT - Good for...

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I think Communitas is amazing, but the thing is, for as long as Firaxis won't release a workable Hotseat mod support, then most of amazing mods won't be recognizable.

I also feel that there's several features that I don't like (bigger yields, smaller map room etc.) And while I like the re-vised tech tree, policies wonders etc. ,y FAVOURITE part of this whole mod was the AI Flavor calcuation, also, the "Good for."

So I was wondering if it's in someway possible to bring that as either a stand alone feature, or even implement it with the Enhanced User Interface (which ironically pretty much goes against the E.U.I's idea of the info being available somewhere.)

I'd love to have those two merge, they're amazing and I think that would make the other mod more amazing.. I know I'm asking very ambitiously, but i'd be so awesome and would finally give me another opportunity to see if THAT's what's missing from my Hotseat games.

Hello good sir,

I can't help you with your original request, but I may have an even better solution for you. There IS a mod that enables you to play with any other mod in hotseat.

Just have a look over here (compatible with Brave New World )

Sidenote:
Firaxis put in a framework for mods to be played in multiplayer with BNW, but it is as of yet disabled and might probably be enabled later on with one patch or another.

Sincerely
Cellandine

Hello good sir,

I can't help you with your original request, but I may have an even better solution for you. There IS a mod that enables you to play with any other mod in hotseat.

Just have a look over here (compatible with Brave New World )

Sidenote:
Firaxis put in a framework for mods to be played in multiplayer with BNW, but it is as of yet disabled and might probably be enabled later on with one patch or another.

Sincerely
Cellandine

That mod, while amazing, is very flawed due to fault of the engine I presume

1. You can't name your leaders at all, and are stuck with Player 1, Player 2, destroying any form of immersion.

2. The options are NOT the same as regular Hotseat, although they are smaller.

3. It's not as easier to load previous saved games.

But thanks for trying, I appreciate it.

@TheKingOfBigOz

There are plans to either implement as a whole or pick out the best bits of Enhanced User Interface.

This will no doubt be some time yet as we are still finetuning the actual mechanics of the mod. When/if it does make it into Communitas, it will probably be a part of the CIN module and would/should only need the CAT module as a dependency.

I advise you though, this is only speculative and will be a long way off.

Ahh you noticed that. Perhaps Shaka could send some Impis to help sort that out? :king:

Top Bottom