Catan Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Just want to say a big thank you to Zelda for hosting. We appreciate all your hard work!

I just wanna know why I was the first murder. :(

Good game wolves.

I genuinely was busy. And I was trying to be less defensive.

I have no real complaint, the game was fun. But not being able to vote if I traded demotivated me, just being honest. :)

Thank you, and yes balancing trades/actions/votes ratio was difficult. I guess everyone having a vote by default could lead to wolves not really engaging in trades and town having just too much power. Making more "broken" townies could lead to some weird situations. I guess giving everyone between three and five resources could work, tho.

I don't want to run anything this complicated any time soon but I have a design in my drawer, which has only one resource (coins). All players would have votes and some would have special powers and some would have incomes and an ability to give money to other players. These could use money to buy shots (50% chance of hitting - some player powers would boost the chance).

Also, your d1 trade was the purest thing I've seen in mafia in a while.

Fear. You know how to use development cards after all.

You were an ore producer and being townread basically and I thought you were producing 2 ore, but I was mistaken. My basic thought was to limit the number of town shots/peeks by limiting the ore overall.

Who was the townie that produced every resource?

My first action after trading in a sheep for a wheat was to try and buy a devwlopment card. Pzelda wouldnt let me though. Spoilsport. :(

I think there is potential for a Catan 2 game where you can actually buy development cards that give you different actions. Coukd be very very fun.

You were an ore producer and being townread basically and I thought you were producing 2 ore, but I was mistaken. My basic thought was to limit the number of town shots/peeks by limiting the ore overall.

Who was the townie that produced every resource?

Phoenicks.

I think there is potential for a Catan 2 game where you can actually buy development cards that give you different actions. Coukd be very very fun.

I like that idea. I also think that resource manipulating abilities were underused this game. If buying a development card would be one of few actions and getting them by random, i guess people would use them more.

Bruh I did not expect that to happen LOL...I really thought we lost. You will see this from reading scumchat but I was way too apprehensive about killing Bianca and so we nearly fumbled the game that phase. My basic strat was to appear town and be as cooperative as possible even on the resources

Good game that was really fun.

Bruh I did not expect that to happen LOL...I really thought we lost. You will see this from reading scumchat but I was way too apprehensive about killing Bianca and so we nearly fumbled the game that phase. My basic strat was to appear town and be as cooperative as possible even on the resources

Good game that was really fun.

I had two things in mind that phase. Following Bianca made sure that if she got peek results it wasn't a scam by w!Bianca, and Bianca dying would mean you block killed her. So you were getting revealed either way. If I hasn't been so paranoid and just got a vest...but paranoia is pretty much the name of my game.

I like that idea. I also think that resource manipulating abilities were underused this game. If buying a development card would be one of few actions and getting them by random, i guess people would use them more.
You could actually use other Catan mechanics such as the robber. People vote on D1 who gets it, and that person does not get one of their resources the next day. It moves by playing a knight card or when the player dies. Just spitballing.

I had two things in mind that phase. Following Bianca made sure that if she got peek results it wasn't a scam by w!Bianca, and Bianca dying would mean you block killed her. So you were getting revealed either way. If I hasn't been so paranoid and just got a vest...but paranoia is pretty much the name of my game.
That is true, I did think about that. I was revealed either way and it probably ended up for the better that you were gone, LOL. I felt you guys were closing in on me

That is true, I did think about that. I was revealed either way and it probably ended up for the better that you were gone, LOL. I felt you guys were closing in on me

Props to you man...you were just so towny. I really couldn't find anything that said "nah, w!Evan wouldn't do that" so you were going back in the pool when all the suspects started crawling out, but it was really hard. I kept coming back to he's just so towny. Then tracking Bianca I saw she was peeking you and I was like "cool, if he's clear this is great." Aaaaaand, you weren't.

Top Bottom