Catan Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

I have a multitude of regrets, but one standing out right now is giving up the vest so I could make sure we didn't lose to non-existent w!Bianca. The longer I looked at that from the land of the dead the dumber it looked.

I think there were multiple usable strategies. Mafs had their basic strategy little more obvious - to buy and shoot gun every night.
Town could ideally counter this by using vests and blocks. I think that Tim and some others managed to see it through.

If town had lynched Evan, Mafia would have had two kills n4 and move the game in lylo. Killing Punchy would move the game in f3. There, It would be quite possible that csargo would face two townies without votes...so I guess making it easier to convert resources would be one thing I would change.

So, @Marcher Jovian, what was the reasoning behind the clumsy last-minute attempt to grab a gun?

So, @Marcher Jovian, what was the reasoning behind the clumsy last-minute attempt to grab a gun?

We were talking about it in dead chat. Even with maf just getting one kill per night you arrive at F3 with Syns and MJ dead...and even though there are two town and one maf the only voter in F3 is the maf. You actually had to get a town gun and kill both Punchy and Evan in the same night to have a chance. MJ figured that out, but...ummmmm....didn't explain it really well, shall we say.

Exactly what I said lol. I wasn’t confident in my reads and I saw a good shot as a way to get an extra mislynch.

So why on earth did you tell me that I was your top choice for scum when you were trying to trade with me??

I needed to buy that %^&%^& vest and stay alive so the town had wood to vote with.

Funnily enough, Tim would agree with those last two if you were talking about me...

During games I say a lot of dumb and extremely blunt things myself, so a lot of them should be shrugged off.

I seldom lack for deception though, which may not always be for the best.

You wouldn't be wrong, given I have a tendency to be compulsively honest, but I do occasionally know how shut myself up and not insult people who I want a favour from. :)

I just demand stuff "for the good of the town" so that I can be my usual obnoxious self.

The only thing that I wish that town did was to do an evaluation of the posts of two scum: Evan and GoldenKnight. From those posts, I think it would've been obvious from either of their reads alone that Arakhor was likely town, as well as a number of far less strong pieces of information

@PunchyTheCat

Just read the wolf chat and saw how you called being able to shoot Dolby and get TRed for it over objections. Awesome brazen play man, it is an honor to have played in your game.

The only thing that I wish that town did was to do an evaluation of the posts of two scum: Evan and GoldenKnight. From those posts, I think it would've been obvious from either of their reads alone that Arakhor was likely town, as well as a number of far less strong pieces of information

I wish I had reread Csargo sooner. @Csargo that was some awesome Jedi mind stuff man, because I came out of day one with you as solid town and when I went back and looked I could not even find a single shred explaining how I came to think that.

I wish I had reread Csargo sooner. @Csargo that was some awesome Jedi mind stuff man, because I came out of day one with you as solid town and when I went back and looked I could not even find a single shred explaining how I came to think that.

You even said right at the end of D3 that Csargo was the only person you couldn't clear, but given that you'd already rather compromised your reads at that point, it didn't get anywhere near the traction it needed.

You even said right at the end of D3 that Csargo was the only person you couldn't clear, but given that you'd already rather compromised your reads at that point, it didn't get anywhere near the traction it needed.

That's when I went and did the rereading. If I hadn't gotten killed I'd have been on him pretty hard I think, but I might have held you guys off of Punchy so it wouldn't have been anything but a trade.

Well, I was fully prepared to lynch Punchy anyway for not just being a total liability but also deliberately acting contrary to town interests, mafia or not.

Top Bottom