Catan Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Also observation on numbers—after tonight we'll be at 5-3 town/mafia. This means we're at mislynch and lose (unless lucky vest). But it does mean we probably have just a little bit of breathing room to either have town shoot town or let another scum gun happen. Though all this depends a bit on how exactly resource distribution and voting power works out and I'd want to do the math before being dead certain.

If we are at 5-3 the normal best play is a no lynch. In the world of gun purchasing that may not be the case here though. I think we have to lynch Gamez and hope we're right.

I'm really hoping Evan bought two vests and threw one randomly at whoever the wolves happen to be trying to kill.

After reading Tims' post on Csargo and thinking about who's left, I definitely think that depending on who dies (or who doesn't die) in the night phase, we should have either Gamez or Csargo be our lynch. If I had to put a pecking order of who I want gone (before the flips):

Gamez
Csargo
Synsensa
Punchythecat
Marcher Jovian
Timsupto2nothin
Arakhor
Biancasbotique

Tim's argument on Syn is really really flimsy imo. I can def still see scum in that slot

After reading Tims' post on Csargo and thinking about who's left, I definitely think that depending on who dies (or who doesn't die) in the night phase, we should have either Gamez or Csargo be our lynch. If I had to put a pecking order of who I want gone (before the flips):

Gamez
Csargo
Synsensa
Punchythecat
Marcher Jovian
Timsupto2nothin
Arakhor
Biancasbotique

Tim's argument on Syn is really really flimsy imo. I can def still see scum in that slot

I can understand that. I think my argument for Arakhor is even flimsier though.

We can't discuss who Bianca is peeking until after the night action deadline, but @amazonevan19 do you have any regrets that we dumped all the resources on her instead of you? Are you confident that she will make a good choice? Are you confident that you would have? Relieved that you didn't have to choose?

We can't discuss who Bianca is peeking until after the night action deadline, but @amazonevan19 do you have any regrets that we dumped all the resources on her instead of you? Are you confident that she will make a good choice? Are you confident that you would have? Relieved that you didn't have to choose?
I don’t think she’s scum so no I don’t really regret it. I would’ve just picked someone to scan from consensus POE and I trust she will too. That could change depending on if she claims something pretty outlandish or potentially a block. (IE she claims she got blocked but really we could’ve just given her a ton of resources to swamp us end game - but that risks robber so I strongly doubt that)

So yeah. NO RAGRETS

I think it's important to stay open minded about that block business. Yes, haring off after a potential blocker is attractive. Yes, a block claim could be a fake. I am uncommitted in the event of, and think that everyone should be.

We are now safely past the night action deadline, so I will say that if Bianca got her peek blocked she's most likely dead. If the wolves were blocking her to stop the peek then the block also cancelled her vest and gave them a sure kill.

Y’know, Csargo scum would explain that weird Johanna kill n1. It gives an alternate explanation to the kill other than framing Tim for the push d2, which does open up the possibility of both sides of that d2 mess being villager.

Tim was sure of his strategy. He was that kind of player, who always knew what to do and what are the others at the table supposed to do to let him win. He was good at manipulating other players. Also, he talked about the game in class and even created a version out of recycled materials in art class. He made three homemade expansions. The third one presented a surprising opening for video games to get him for their cause. He added an evolution mechanic. Players started with very basic tools, which only gathered one wood or brick card and could use ports to invest in research. Development cards were completely replaced buy a technology tree.
One afternoon after another round of balancing the updated version of Catan, one of them praised him:

"You shouldn't waste time playing Catan with us. You should go to Germany and become a board game designer."

And Tim did exactly that.

Timsup2nothin was a Board Game Enthusiast.
You can vote and trade now. D4 ends in 48 hours.

Y’know, Csargo scum would explain that weird Johanna kill n1. It gives an alternate explanation to the kill other than framing Tim for the push d2, which does open up the possibility of both sides of that d2 mess being villager.

Why would it explain the kill?

vote: Amazonevan19

So the team is probably Evan/x/x. It's time to start deducing possible teams and ruling out interaction.

Me
Bianca
--line of town--
Punchy
Syn
Arakhor
Csargo
Gamez
--line of scum--
Evan

Top Bottom