Catan Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Wish I would have thrown my extra votes on Evan, but I didn't expect anything to happen.

Votes
amazonevan (1) - Csargo, Marcher Jovian, amazonevan19
Marcher Jovian (3) - Synsensa

Some players noticed that rounds are taking longer than usual. It was Amazon Evan taking breaks to sneak outside and read ads in gaming magazines. At least that was what Bianca claimed. No one else really noticed him ever leaving table.
Other players suspected Marcher Jovian. He was taking too long to make complicated deals and had a hand full of development cards. One game he took so long that the rest of players started playing a second match meanwhile. That was when he realized that playing with other people isn't for him. He also realized that trading in Catan is too simple to fulfill him. He left Dietrich's house and picked up video games instead.

Marcher Jovian was a Board Game Enthusiast.

You got 23 hours to send in actions. Day starts in 24 hours. No trading and/or voting during night.

So, either Csargo or Jovian bluff-voted for Evan and presumably self-votes don't count.

Csargo?

Not you, you've always been "lol I want a gun" all game, that's nothing new. Specifically MJ. I know he can't answer me now. But seriously. Pages about how we have to prevent any guns from being made. Everyone on board except you and Evan. Then MJ saunters in and goes "Give me a gun"???

Gun didn't matter at that point tbh. Evans scum that's 5-2 ven with 2 NKs we're still at 3-2 or 4-1 we're at LYLO again or we've got two lynches to get it right but it's pretty obvious who the scum are if MJ shoots outside of the PoE.

Gun didn't matter at that point tbh. Evans scum that's 5-2 even with 2 NKs we're still at 3-2 or 4-1 we're at LYLO again or we've got two lynches to get it right but it's pretty obvious who the scum are if MJ shoots outside of the PoE.

Bolded.

GAME OVER: VIDEO GAMERS WIN

It wasn't long after Marcher left the house, when Synsensa sneaked out to have to have a smoke. He was older and cooler than the rest of group and sometimes used this to his advantage when playing Catan. Synsensa was good at fooling other players by giving them a good advice. When smoking, Synsensa noticed something laying about 20 feet away. He walked closer. It was a gaming magazine. Bored, he started listing through it. He didn't own a computer and this was something completely new to him. He returned inside.

"Boys and girls, board games are for loser, Sid Meier's games is where it's at. This ugly game called Civilization is the hotness."

And pointed at a picture. Then he left. At that moment another three kids stepped forward.

"Yeah, board games are for losers," AmazonEvan said.
"Sorry, but we can't be friends anymore if you keep forcing us to play Catan," Csargo added.
"FATALITY!" PunchyTheCat finished Dietrich.

The gang of Video Gamers left. Dietrich turned around to see if Bianca and Gamez are still around. With a corner of his eye he noticed a fleeing movement. They raced away from his home to their computers.
On the next day Synsensa booted up his computer for the first time. He wanted to find some info about Sid Meier's Civilization, but couldn't find any, so he started a GeoCities page. It was called Civfanatics.

Mafia Chat
Dead Chat

I decided to change it now as the town's only chance was Arakhor blocking PunchyTheCat, who would have to carry both his gunshot and regular factional kill. He has purchased a vest. I'll update the thread with hands/roles tomorrow.

For what it's worth, since pzelda didn't seem to flip these -- I was earning one of each resource every day. It seemed so natural to me that I assumed that was the case for everybody else too -- by the time I realized it wasn't I'd already spilled too much. Shoot oh well.

This was a great game with a whole lot of mechanics that meshed in a whole lot of interesting ways...well done Pzelda...congrats to the wolves...thanks to everyone for a fun time!

Hope all our guests had fun and will play at CFC again sometime soon!

Ironically enough, me buying that gun was probably the best shot we had of saving that game, though even if I did do that and shoot Punchy, chances are I'd get nightkilled, town lynches not Csargo, and Syns gets nightkilled afterwards and town still loses.

Big regrets on TRing Csargo, also regrets on taking taking the time on looking into those last four people when I dived into ISOs. Also big regrets on not outright saying if GK flipped scum Arakhor was def town and TS probably town in that last half hour

Maf effectively having the resources for 2KP per night is oof (if I'm maf I'm 100% fakevoting every day until town connects the dots)

Top Bottom