Catching the negative culture bug

Leoreth

Blue Period
Some saves from reported bugs showed tiles with negative culture. Sometimes it was even extremely negative culture, like -100000 and the like. Among other things, that is the reason for the extremely long cultural revolts that have been reported before. Unfortunately, the saves did not help debugging the issue because the negative culture was already on the tile, and so I couldn't find out what causes it. It also seems rather rare, or dependent on player action, because it did not occur in my autoplay runs either.

Therefore I introduced another check that will display a notification message if a tile ever goes into negative culture. It will look something like:

"English culture at (x, y) is negative: -z. Please report a save of the previous turn in the DoC forum".

If that happens, please upload a previous autosave (the closer the better) either here or in the bug reports thread. A save from after the message appears is not helpful. Thank you for your help.

This save shoud be one turn before the bug happens.

Attachments

• negative Kultur.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
Great! Thank you!

That was already enough to help me fix the bug, it should not occur in ongoing games anymore. Unfortunately if it has already introduced incorrect (very high or low) amounts of culture into your ongoing game, it will not be corrected.

I have removed the debug message again, thanks for supporting me here.

I've got negative culture in Milano in this Italy game. I am using 1.16.2. I tried to fix my game with WB and did not help me. Unfortunately, I did not save before and did not notice when it started to happen.

Attachments

• Cavour AD-1568 Turn 450-negative_culture_in_Milano .CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Top Bottom