Catfood and what it involves.

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
I feed my cats a little bit of cooked chicken and beef a few days a week, but their staple is DINE. Little satchels of 85 grams of food, that will suffice for them over the day, included the dry food I give them.

Now DINE came up with the fantastic idea is to separate these satchels into two, so a packet satchel has two compartments. It's less food in the satchels 85 vs 75 grams, but the frigging plastic that separates the two compartments is more.

They were cheap and when wife bought them I said immediately: This is stupid!

She just said they are cheap......Ok.

On their website: DINE® PERFECT PORTIONSTM Cat Food. Premium quality, delicious meals conveniently portioned to ensure a fresh meal with every peel. Treat your cat to purrfection - with the ease and convenience of a single serve product that leaves zero wastage and a satisfied feline.

I feed my cats twice a day and the are happy, so by DINE, I only have to give them half a satchel per meal or what do they want me to do? My hungry cats eat a satchel in 3 seconds. To give them only half would be starving them and they are not fat.

Why introduce a product that increases plastic waste idiots! And then think we consumers will jump through a hoop, only because its on special today! Well, my wife did and I will never win an argument about money, lol.

On the right bottom corner of the pictures you see this stupid thing. I'm so annoyed of mortal stupidity...

https://www.dine.com.au/PerfectPortions.aspx

Yeah it was and my wife went for it, and I said no. I think this one will be gone soon due to the plastic used...

Got it, a 7-pac of DINEs is 7 dollars, when not on sale and my lovely wife couldn't figure out that the cost is exactly the same.
So less food for more plastic.

But who is to argue with a wife....not me. :)

Other companies do this as well.

I feed Maddy dry cat food (store brand that actually isn't the equivalent of potato chips for cats), with an occasional spoonful of cat milk. She just had her 12th birthday on the 25th, so I must be doing something right.

Then in a few months they will package what they originally did (85 grams) and plaster "Now with x% more!" (than the 75 grams).

I see the 'recommended portions' in a 24 hour period is between 5 and 7. I don't know many people who are going to give their cat moist cat food 7 times everyday.

Is the 2 split portion thing the only choice through this brand? I could see where they may have thought there would be a market for it "My cat doesn't eat all it's food, so leftover food just sits there and gets crusty", but to force all consumers into smaller servings?

Then in a few months they will package what they originally did (85 grams) and plaster "Now with x% more!" (than the 75 grams).

I see the 'recommended portions' in a 24 hour period is between 5 and 7. I don't know many people who are going to give their cat moist cat food 7 times everyday.

Is the 2 split portion thing the only choice through this brand? I could see where they may have thought there would be a market for it "My cat doesn't eat all it's food, so leftover food just sits there and gets crusty", but to force all consumers into smaller servings?
It depends on the age of the cat. Kittens should be fed more frequently than adult cats, albeit with a variety specially formulated for kittens. For instance, Maddy was on Whiskas for kittens for her first 6 months, and as I recall, I fed her 3-4 times/day. Now, however, I just give her dry food and let her decide how much to eat at a time. She also gets cat milk and water. None of it is divided into portions.

But you should be able to get moist cat food that isn't divided like that; I suggest asking your vet for suggestions (and don't let them insist that only the pricey stuff they sell is okay; of course they want to make money on it, but there are perfectly adequate cat foods that aren't so expensive).

I give my kitties Blue Wilderness, two cans each day. And I keep their dry food full. They seem really happy!

I like flaked food over pate.

my friend just cooks most of the food for his cat, she gets leftover chicken when he cooks stock and stuff like that. nice to see that you do the same, op. I think this is the correct direction to go,

Rather than post anecdotes about Purina I suggest doing some research and reading labels. I'm actually reconsidering Blue Buffalo, the search for cat food goes on.

Top Bottom