Cavaleiros Embassy & Intelligence

FYI Don, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm trying to convince team Cav, unfortunately, since I try to respect your wishes that we conduct diplomacy through official channels, You are my only voice to convince team Cavalieros... Does that make sense?:)

Anyway I also agree with sending Smoke's note. FYI it has been "hours" and Smoke, Miko and Sommers in favor makes 3 in favor. So unless you (Donsig) are against sending the message, there can be no majority (with only 7 participating team members) against sending. So I would say go ahead and send Smoke's note.;)

FYI Don, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm trying to convince team Cav, unfortunately, since I try to respect your wishes that we conduct diplomacy through official channels, You are my only voice to convince team Cavalieros... Does that make sense?:)

No, it doesn't make sense since I'm not the only voice here. We've sent many notes that weren't composed by me. Feel free to write one up. My main concern is that the team agrees on any note we send (which is not the same as agreeing with the contents of the note) and all diplomacy be posted in the forums for all of us to see.

I sent Smokey's note with a ps about fuedalism:
Spoiler :
Dear brothers we need to know if you plan to help us in the war against Sancta by sending us military units. In 5 turns MS will have HBR, would you consider sending us a stack of HA's

relayed by donsig of Kazakhstan

PS - We've noticed Saturn have teched feudalism and given it to SANCTA. We have an agreement with Saturn to trade math for feudalism. We are not sure if we should go through with this deal as math may go straight to SANCTA. We'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this delicate situation.

No, it doesn't make sense since I'm not the only voice here. We've sent many notes that weren't composed by me. Feel free to write one up. My main concern is that the team agrees on any note we send (which is not the same as agreeing with the contents of the note) and all diplomacy be posted in the forums for all of us to see.
OK let me briefly explain further then... As I have already said many, many, many times, I do not agree with the idea that chatlogs and PMs should be posted. If the person chooses to fine, but I would choose not to. In an effort not to create unnecessary friction, I have refrained from sending notes or engaging in diplo. This is why I rely on you to be my only "voice" to Cavalieros (and every other team). If your above response was meant to convey "If you want to advocate a pro-Kazakh agenda to Cavalieros Sommers, go ahead and do it yourself" then OK, just be forewarned that I have no time for posting chatlogs and the like.

OK let me briefly explain further then... As I have already said many, many, many times, I do not agree with the idea that chatlogs and PMs should be posted. If the person chooses to fine, but I would choose not to. In an effort not to create unnecessary friction, I have refrained from sending notes or engaging in diplo. This is why I rely on you to be my only "voice" to Cavalieros (and every other team). If your above response was meant to convey "If you want to advocate a pro-Kazakh agenda to Cavalieros Sommers, go ahead and do it yourself" then OK, just be forewarned that I have no time for posting chatlogs and the like.

If someone on this team is going to speak to someone from another team about this game then it is only fair to the rest of us that we get to see what is said. This is a team game Sommers. The main reason I took on the job of foreign minister is to ensure we speak to all teams with a consistent voice. I do not care if the voice that speaks is mine, yours or someone else's on this team, though ideally we should be speaking with a voice that we all agree on.

I was not suggesting that you take diplomatic negotiations with Team Cav (or any other team) into your own hands. I was suggesting that if you do not like the voice that comes through when I draft a note to Team Cav then go ahead and post a draft yourself. Then as a team we'll discuss your proposed note and decide whether it should be sent and whether any changes are needed to it. This goes for everyone on the team. Please feel free to post proposed dipomatic notes in any embassy thread for team discussion.

We can also send Cav an update to say that Saturn have turned down our in-game tech trade proposal.

A boat would also be something useful to ask about - they sail to us - gift it. We sail back. This could increase our commerce a lot.

We could also send a confu missionary over. This will help us later on and let them build a confu monastery.

Proposed note to Team Cav and MS:

Greetings Team Cavaleiros and Mad Scientists,

We are dismayed that Saturn has rejected our in game offer of math for feudalism per our original agreement with them but we're also happy that SANCTA will not be getting math from us (via Saturn).

We'd like to propose that the next tech goals for our alliance be machinery, feudalism and paper. We're not sure who should tech what so if you are in agreement with the three techs please give us some suggestions as to who should research what. If either of you prefer different tech goals please advise so we can discuss and resolve the matter.

We are quite interested in researching music soon in order to get the Great Artist, which we feel we will need to help us with our little SANCTA problem. Neither S&S have aesthetics yet so there is no rush, but once S&S have aesthetics we'd like your consent to begin music right away.

Please reply soon so we can solidify the next round of tech goals.

donsig of Kazakstan

Please discuss, edit, revise, etc.

I think we need to tell them that we will do machinery next and ask them to do either paper or feudalism. I would leave the music thing out for now.

lets close the machinery feudalism and paper teching first.

I agree that we should do Machinery next.

How bad do we need Feudalism? If we have time we should wait to see if anything more develops with Saturn before we ask CAV to tech it.

I think we go for machinery and ask Cav for paper.

We should wait at least a turn to see if we can get Saturn to give feudalism. And if not MS can go for it.

I would include the part about music. So far - with wonders and religions - the 1st team to claim a wonder/religion has been ceded the right to get it. Lets not let MS or Cav jump the gun on us.

OK, so we're split on whether to include music or not. We've decided we want to tech machinery and have one of the others do feudalism. Sommers wants to through out paper but doesn't suggest what to replace it with. We need three tech goals because we have three teams researching. So I'll leave paper in. Kaleb wants us to tell them we have metal casting. Here's the revised proposed note:

We are dismayed that Saturn has rejected our in game offer of math for feudalism per our original agreement with them but we're also happy that SANCTA will not be getting math from us (via Saturn).

We have metal casting and are prepared to pass it (and any other techs not already given) whenever you want them. Just ask and ye shall recieve. We'd like to propose that the next tech goals for our alliance be machinery, feudalism and paper. We would like to research machinery. If either of you prefer different tech goals please advise so we can discuss and resolve the matter. If these are acceptable them will one of you research paper (so we can trade maps and open trade routes) and the other feudalism? We're not sure who should do which and we're hoping to hear your views soon.

We are quite interested in researching music soon in order to get the Great Artist, which we feel we will need to help us with our little SANCTA problem. Neither S&S have aesthetics yet so there is no rush, but once S&S have aesthetics we'd like your consent to begin music right away.

We are growing quite concerned regarding the ninja wonder building program and hope the three of us can counter it.

donsig of Kazakstan

I considered adding something about the Saturn note but decided against it as we need to focus on the techs goals first. I must work today so if this note is acceptable someone can feel free to gmail it to both Team Cav and the Mad Ones.

I think take out the part about the ninja wonder building program. Have they built a bunch of wonders? They have an engineer and will get one but that can't be helped.

I would include Saturn's note and say the we a still working on a response.

OK, we'll delete the part about the wonders. I'll give it a few more hours before sending this off to see if anyone has anything else to add or subtract.

For the record... I don't object to asking an ally to research Paper, I just object to us researching Paper. We should research Machinery. We have been backstabbed and fooled a couple of times at this point, so I would rather that for this round of tech trades, that we are the ones who research the military tech while our allies research the commerce tech, and wait with baited breath to see if we transfer it to them... instead of the othe way around.

Ok this was sent to both Team Cav and MS:
Spoiler :

We have metal casting and are prepared to pass it (and any other techs not already given) whenever you want them. Just ask and ye shall recieve. We'd like to propose that the next tech goals for our alliance be machinery, feudalism and paper. We would like to research machinery. If either of you prefer different tech goals please advise so we can discuss and resolve the matter. If these are acceptable them will one of you research paper (so we can trade maps and open trade routes) and the other feudalism? We're not sure who should do which and we're hoping to hear your views soon.

We are growing quite concerned regarding the ninja wonder building program and hope the three of us can counter it.

donsig of Kazakstan

Top Bottom