1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cavaleiros Embassy & Intelligence

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Provolution, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Cavalieros need money to get Steel in 5-6 turns but MS seems to be getting a little weary with funding everyones research. Here is an update on PMs from the alliance... there is info on Cavalieros army, tech plans etc., for anyone who was wondering:

Spoiler :
    We should think about trying to become more tech/cash independent. HUSch has already complained once that we needed to manage our money better.

2. Sommerswerd

More PMs:
    Spoiler :

Bottom Line, MS is funding Steel research. Cavalieros is willing to fund our research towards Rifling.

3. Sommerswerd

Got this PM from Slaze:
    Any ideas for a response?

4. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Tell him we would appreciate borrowing the carrack to deliver the GM when we get him. As far as our GS, it will be best to settle him in our Capital because of the extensive multipliers.

5. Sommerswerd

OK Cavscout. So Can you just respond/tell him since you got the PM too?

6. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Sure, although I will wait a bit to see what everyone else thinks.

7. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think we say thanks but also say that if we do not win the race to Econ that they should keep the ship and sail it towards the front line.

Having ships from both teams in the area will give us the ability to attack twice on the same turn.

8. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Also may want to ask what their Great Artist plans are. Little nervous of TKY getting bombed.

9. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Are we planning to use the great merchant (assuming we get it) for a trade mission to Cavland for a pile of gold?

10. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

That would be the plan. An alternate option would be to gift a city to Cav for one turn. Then gift the GM. Then Cav gifts the city back and cashes in on the GM.

11. Sommerswerd

This is the latest from Cavalieros / Slaze and MS / HUSch, sent via PM:
    Spoiler :

Generally:
    1. HUSch says he will send money this turn and let us know each turn if he can send money or not.

2. Slaze wants us to tech Replaceable Parts and then Rifling after Economics

3. Slaze is still wondering what we will do with the GSci, he talked about a (Golden Age or bulbing Scientific Method)

4. Slaze complains a little that we have not started building an army (he is reading the Power Graph, which shows us and MS with flatlines for power while Saturn and SANCTA climb.

5. Slaze wants us to get Oxford since we are probably getting Universities :).

6. Slaze complains that MS does not want to take a more active role in the fighting.

7. Slaze says that they finish Steel next turn and then will fund Kaz research after.

Overall Slaze seemed to have a positive attitude towards us and MS, he just seemed a little worried that they would be going-it-alone against SANCTA.

12. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think we can respond and indicate that we have been building units and have several waiting in the build que that will be built once we switch to Theo. Also we can say that we have been focusing on catapults to upgrade which will show up as a pretty small bump in the power graph. Once we upgrade to cannons and complete the units in the que, our power will go up quite a lot my back of the envelop calculations are an increase of around 30%.

13. Sommerswerd

I thought it was best to respond to some of Slaze's recent messages, so I sent this response via PM:

Spoiler :

14. Sommerswerd

And Slaze's reply:
    Spoiler :
    So Slaze is happy, but he also wants to consider attacking SANCTA sooner.

15. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I potentially like the 5-7 turn time frame.

16. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I'm worried we would be going in without enough forces in 7 turns.

17. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

After giving some more thought, youa re probably right. A 5-7 turn time frame is probably a bit unrealistic, but I think 7-10 turns is pretty doable.

2 turns to finish oxford and Econ. Switch civics (2 turns anarchy). So that is 4 turns. Then it is a matter of upgrading the catapults we have, finishing the units we have in the build queue, and moving units up to the front. 4-6 additional turns should be enough time to make this work.

I think the plan could be for Team Cav to declare war 1st and we follow up 2-3 turns later. The other benefit is that if Santca is able to kill off a stack it will likely be the 1st stack to enter their lands. And Team Cav has a much greater ability to rebuild their army than we do.

Of course everything will depend on what our intel on Sancta is in the next 5 turns or so.

18. donsig

It sounds like even in 7-10 turns we won't have redcoats. Are we back to the attack with cannons plan? :confused:

19. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Proposed message for Team Cav. I make one fairly big assumption that I would like someone to doble check. My (back of envelop) math indicates that with oxford we can generate 572 bpt. With Oxford and a GA we can generate 685 bpt. This lets us tech RP and rifles (total 4200 beakers) in 10 turns (8+2 from anarchy) or with a GA in 7 turns. These are very rough estimates.

Proposed text:

General update. We get Oxford and tech econ next turn. Our plan is to revolt to Theo and Free Markets. Depending on a number of factors we will use the GM for either a golden age or a trade mission. Once we have Theo we will complete production on a number of units we have been holding in our build queues. We plan on running 100% tech and going for RP and Rifling. At 100% science this will take about 10 of turns. With a golden age it would take about 7 of turns.

We generally share your view about the benefit of attacking Sancta in a fairly short time frame - but as you said the issue is in the timing. Our biggest constraint is the cash we need to upgrade our fairly sizable army of catapults to cannons. This will require just under 2000 gold. We also have a number of other units that could be upgraded but do not necessarily have to be (Horse archers, xbows, maces, etc). We also need to move a few soon to be built units to the front line which will take about 3-4 turns. If we don't use the GM for a golden age we also will have a 2 turn delay due to anarchy. In short our primary limiting factor is the gold for upgrades.

MS has been covering our maintenance costs and we feel that it would be very acceptable to ask MS for a larger lump sum as we have been giving them far more return in terms of tech for their cash contributions. But, as you know, MS can be hard to communicate with and it is unclear what we will end up getting from MS. The main question we have for you is how much gold can you send our way in the next 5 turns or so. If we can get enough gold from you and MS we can use the GM for a Golden age - if not it will have to be used for a trade mission.

Our second question is what sort of forces can you commit to an attack and what time frame are you operating on? We think it makes the most sense for you to attack 1st and move into Sancta territory. We attack later and coordinate the timing so that both of our stacks can attack TKY and Zero respectively on the same turn.

Lastly, we wanted to confirm that you still intend of gifting captured cities.

20. donsig

The proposed message sounds pretty good but it seems to me the constraining part will be how much gold the mad ones can generate. If they've been giving us all they can generate already then they won't be able to give more regardless of what they get in return.