1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cavaleiros Embassy

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by General_W, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Well there you go...the whole "not reading the email" is b.s. To draw a parallel if some country sent a letter to another by mistake why would anyone believe that shouldn't be used by their intelligence agency? Are you kidding me?

The lines have most definitely been drawn and they're bitter. MS becomes the wild card here and honestly we should make plans for both us and Saturn to eliminate MS to enjoy the spoils since they're not long for this game.

2. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

One war at a time krill. :p

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Well glad to see the chat this afternoon generated some chatter and interest in our forum again :clap:

Think about it:

This week we:
    Met Saturn and Got an alliance
    Got the Techs we needed to have a shot at this game
    Got into a War with Kaz
    Have now messed with Cav's head a little, and really drawn some lines in this game.

And As for MS...have they turned thier civ over to the AI yet?

4. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Certainly would make diplomacy faster, though it probably is hard for them since they don't seem to have many active people.

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Actually that makes it easier...less people to listen to.

6. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

But if your busy and don't have the time to do anything more then play your turn it's bad because you don't have anyone to fill in for you.

7. Krill

Krill Chieftain

They had a week between turns. If you can't spend 5 minutes posting in that amount of time, then you shouldn't expect everyone else to slow down so you can play in this game.

Admittedly if we were doing a turn a day things would be different.

8. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Yep, I agree, I just feel kinda bad for them since we seem to have a good core of consistent people that some of the other teams don't have. :)

9. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Quick Chat with Cav today:

Spoiler :
    Memphus says:
    Good Day.
    Memphus says:
    Something else for you to ponder / post for you team
    Niklas Broberg says:
    hello there
    Memphus says:
    Over the disputed Barb City, Upon Sancta acquiring it, we won't be planning on expand any further to our West/South from that point.
    Niklas Broberg says:
    is that the whole of the message?
    Niklas Broberg says:
    if so, I will bring it to our forum
    Memphus says:
    yup pretty much. just something else to think about. there is a mountain ridge to the West of the city (the opening to the land route to you, and we have no desire to expand past that ridge into your sphere of influence
    Niklas Broberg says:
    thank you for the message then, I will deliver it
    Niklas Broberg says:
    any response from Kaz so far?
    Memphus says:
    none...
    Memphus says:
    but they have logged in, so they are well aware of the situation.
    Niklas Broberg says:
    alright, well, any future information you can share regarding the development would be greatly appreciated
    Niklas Broberg says:
    it's always better to hear both sides of a story
    Memphus says:
    yup for sure., right now we are trying to guess which axeman they will kill next turn
    Niklas Broberg says:
    you don't give much for the chance that they actually comply and retreat?
    Memphus says:
    they might. Right now it is 3 axes (visible to them) vs. 1 chariot (visible to us)
    Niklas Broberg says:
    alright, we'll be taking bets
    Memphus says:
    so you have currency soon then?
    Niklas Broberg says:
    how so?
    Memphus says:
    well betting requires some type of monetary system? our top analysts have it 3-4 turns out.
    Niklas Broberg says:
    ah, lol
    Memphus says:
    and well given the MS pace you might be albe to make a wager by July 1st!
    Niklas Broberg says:
    glorious
    Memphus says:
    but at the same time in 3-4 turns we will know if this war with kaz is going the distance or not.

10. sooooo

sooooo Chieftain

I am gradually getting through all of the diplo threads and I must say that their MadScientist message they mistakenly sent to us is hilarious. I enjoyed reading the part where Niklas says he is totally offended that it was read and that he expected us to delete it without reading it. Does he live in the real world?

11. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Nope. Just as I think him acting pissed off at us not being stupid and basically giving away MC for free is a sign of delusions.

I really have to question just how sane their diplomatic department is...

12. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

wow - just got done reading all that :coffee:

Really nice work Memphus. No way I would have been that patient with all of Niklas' griping. Seriously - that was a major hissy fit. :shake:

Just so you know, I did try to delete that e-mail as soon as I was contacted (to hold it until we could get a ruling from the Mods) but Krill had already found it and posted it! :lol:

In any case - no one should take Niklas too seriously here. We practically begged them for an alliance and they turned us down in favor of Kaz. Niklas knows that and is just bitter that things aren't going his way. Niklas is a decent guy though - so I think that bitterness will wear off in time. But clearly, any hopes of cooperation (in any form) with Cav is toast for the near term.

13. Krill

Krill Chieftain

It pays to be on the ball...no one should ever forget that.

14. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Spoiler :

15. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I'm kind of surprised it lasted this long, since we are the only creative civ in the game.

Probably not good that Cav got it - it's a powerful wonder.

16. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Espcially when they have 9 cities and are about to get the HG

17. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

We are in good shape, I would NOT trade the wonders we will get for the wonders they will get!

18. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Ok so :espionage: memphus at work:

Chat wiht Oyzar:

Spoiler :
    Memphus says:
    congrats on stonehenge! that will go nicely with all those cities you have
    Oyzar says:
    thanks
    Memphus says:
    i doubt you can answer this, but onc eyou guys have HG can math be traded?
    Oyzar says:
    i'll pass the message along, but i am sure there is possibilities to work something out
    Memphus says:
    ok cool thanks. Has Kaz attempted to get you to pick a side? or formally enter more than a tech alliance? Barb action is getting quite heated over the city now, seems the AI wants it too
    Oyzar says:
    anything else you can tell me about what is going on?
    Memphus says:
    well in my last chat with niklas (he disapeared and no goodbye ) i was saying that we are down 1 axe, kaz down 2 chariots. they have a new chariot that showed up.
    Memphus says:
    we still have 3 axes in the immediate vicinity, and more troops running on roads from our outpost.
    Memphus says:
    As I offered to NIklas, our SW expansion strops there, but Should the city / region befall to Kaz they have no where else to grow but SW into your sphere of influence
    Memphus says:
    speaking for myself here, but our team might be willing to look at signing a formal agreement not to plant a city further SW of Angle, in our victory, should Cav show us some type of support in this war. Thoughts?
    Oyzar says:
    I don't have much thoughts on it personally and i am about to head to bed, but i'll post it in the forums
    Memphus says:
    ok have a good one! chat me up sometime over the next couple of days!

Ok things to take from this chat:

1. They are building HG and we could possibly trade for math (which we might need to or get saturn to as with no feud trade math is a crucial tech)

2. They are on the fence in this war and want to stay out of it and expand. I.E. pull further ahead.

19. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I'm not sure if any of you are following the TTT pitboss game being hosted by Tactical Gamer.

This is/was a 2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2 game, Niklas and Oyzar were partnered at random and are pretty much runaway winners in that game. There are a few of us trying to align but is really too late. :(

My point is the that they did exactly what Memphus alluded to in the last post. They stayed isolated from wars, built wonders, REXed like madmen and bulbed their way to Liberalism. Then they beelined Assembly Line and then founded Sushi and Mining Inc. I expect them to try a similar tactic here!

I also know that oyzar will get frustrated IF THINGS DO NOT GO HIS WAY!!! We need to keep the pressure on them!

20. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Yes, oyzar can get very heated when things don't go his way. I know there is a bit of bad blood between a couple of Saturn members (Elucidus specifically) and him, stemming from cheating accusations in a PTBS run by Elucidus, and there was a lot of angry things said between the two.