1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cavaleiros Embassy

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by General_W, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

that is the reason for the pyschological warfare.

If they are going for Carracks now...they would stop. They want liberalism too much.

We on the other hand are going for liberalism... and if we see optics fall woudl still have to get 3 techs to get back in that game.

:dance: 5000 posts :run:

2. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Works both ways: if it appears that we are aiming for Lib, and straight out say it now, Cav could decide to Carpe Jugulum, go straight for us with Carricks and to hell with Lib, strike us where is hurts in IS and FC, or the eastern seaboard.

It's not entirely bad news though: Cav need to get a 600 beaker tech in Compass before they can get Optics, so we do have warning.

The only way to reliably beat Carricks though is having more Caravels, which is one of the reasons Sb is growing, that needs to become a 30 hpt city to build Caravels. FC is the same.

There isn't a simple answer to this though. Personally I would prefer it if Cav ignore Carricks and went straight for Lib. That way Cav is competing where we have an advantage atm, in research (regardless of us technically being behind in tech). I don't know if Memphus' proposal would hurt or help us in this endevour, but if we think Cav are already going for Lib (and I do until Cav acquire Compass, then I don;t see any advantage in doing this.

3. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I agree completely.

4. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Same here, no need to risk a good thing. :)

My 457 are quaking in fear... :p

5. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

I don't think painting another bullseye on our backs is going to help us. It'll only make 'em angry and possibly less rational. For example, if Kaz were rational, they would end their war with us now. But they're too angry, and want to make us lose.

edit: and 9,204 posts, you're a bunch of amateurs!

6. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I wonder if we could use Saturn somehow to distract Cav/MS? Still though, any drag on Saturn's economy would be bad though, they're having a hard enough time as it is...

I have 64 posts on Apolyton, and I've been registered there since 2005, now that's pretty sad... ;)

7. Krill

Krill Chieftain

IIRC, Saturn and Cav have an NAP. Whether that means Cav are gearing up for an attack on us or just trying to build with 0 military is debatable, but I would lean towards Cav trying to build. If they did attack us, they have to know that Saturn would support us however they could, and Saturn value us more than anyone else, enough to break treaties, ie Fued, so there would have been no point in the NAP.

I figure Saturn now just have to defend against anything Cav can do, and out grow MS. They are already better at generating gold than MS, so all they really need is settlers and workers...Kaz really screwed up the entire game for the other side by slaving themselves so hard.

Considering tech, SANCTA > Cav, and Saturn > MS, but Kaz make it about even again, maybe slightly in Cavs favour if Kaz researched exactly how Cav wanted. Quite a change around really.

Eh. On Poly, I have over 11k posts. 5k of them are from between November 07 and May 08 when I was spamming to reach Diety level there. I ended up capping it off with a Tuberski of the OT (where every last post in every thread viewable on the first page of the forum is my post).

8. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Interesting chat with KM. They are really freaked out by what we can do....(and have no idea what we will do)

Spoiler :

Memphus says:
    FYI you never paused the game.
    Morgan says:
    really?
    Morgan says:
    oh dear.
    Memphus says:
    yup
    Memphus says:
    you logged out and 4 min later turn rolled
    Morgan says:
    i was sure i paused too.
    Morgan says:
    no matter
    Morgan says:
    how is life in SANCTA?
    Memphus says:
    realitively quiet
    Memphus says:
    after you guys so graciously donated for our troop upgrades it seems kaz is regrouping
    Morgan says:
    what did we donate?
    Memphus says:
    gold to upgrade kaz's troops
    Morgan says:
    not your upgrade?
    Memphus says:
    well due to Kaz's poor attack strategy we killed thier troops and got better promotions
    Memphus says:
    so inadvertently, you funded our troop upgrades.
    Memphus says:
    thank you
    Morgan says:
    your welcome
    Morgan says:
    you have Kaz on the retreat you say?
    Memphus says:
    not exactly
    Memphus says:
    they are regrouping
    Memphus says:
    we offered peace but they didn't like the terms
    Memphus says:
    so we asked for a coutner proposal
    Memphus says:
    we expect them to hit us in the next 3-4 turns, if there is no peace.
    Morgan says:
    they'll probably be very angry too. i hope you have good defences.
    Memphus says:
    they were very angry the last time...
    Memphus says:
    we defended with axes and chariots
    Memphus says:
    now we have HA and WE
    Morgan says:
    you mentioned a crazy scheme you had for defence, did you ever pull that off?
    Memphus says:
    yup
    Memphus says:
    got a great general from it too
    Memphus says:
    not sure if you can see their graphs, but if you check the demos, you guys now have the second most power. (and not at war)
    Morgan says:
    yes, we are an incredibly powerful nation
    Memphus says:
    lots of cities! using your traits well
    Morgan says:
    how do you see the next 50 - 100 turns playing out?
    Memphus says:
    i see the next 50-100 turns one of 2 things happening
    Memphus says:
    1. kaz and us get peace, and then in ~50 turns you and kaz go for a joint war agaisnt us
    Memphus says:
    2. kaz and us don't get peace, you get liberalism, we kill kaz, but then are too beaten up to hold agaisn't you
    Memphus says:
    so either way it looks good for you guys
    Memphus says:
    you are probably the only team building markets, as MS and Saturn didn't expand properly off the start, so they are playing catch up
    Morgan says:
    so you guys at SANCTA would always see us as a threat, as a rival?
    Memphus says:
    nope
    Memphus says:
    definetly not
    Memphus says:
    we have by our records proposed ~8 ways of working together
    Memphus says:
    we simply get shut down with no counter...so it kinda tells us you arn't interested in doing business.
    Memphus says:
    although must be interesting in your forums
    Morgan says:
    perhaps, but as you say the other 2 team are not as advanced as Kaz\SAN\Cav
    Memphus says:
    kaz isn't advanced anymore though..
    Memphus says:
    sure they have some tech
    Memphus says:
    but they have wipped thier cities small and stopped expanding in this war
    Memphus says:
    even if they get new troops (i.e. knights which i assume they are beelining) they dont have the production to build them
    Memphus says:
    and as I said already we have WE now...
    Memphus says:
    what must be interesting for you guys though is way back when kaz demanded beaker for beaker trades
    Memphus says:
    now you can clearly out research them...are you holding them to the same standard?
    Morgan says:
    that was a while ago, i'm sure that they would have seen sense a long time ago
    Memphus says:
    hmmm true...but a godo question is, if we (sancta) have kept up without CS for all this time, what happens when we actually start to try teching?
    Memphus says:
    is that where cav wants to make a deal? future tech trades?
    Morgan says:
    to be honest i'm not too worried about techs, i think you guys are nearly max, while we are just starting to grow.
    Memphus says:
    so what are you worried about then?
    Morgan says:
    not really worried, interested which direction you guys are heading in
    Memphus says:
    simply reacting to what you guys do
    Memphus says:
    and as I said it really depends on if Kaz want peace or not
    Memphus says:
    as of right now the war machine is turning
    Memphus says:
    but as we mentioned to Kaz there is really 2 games going on now
    Memphus says:
    the macro game
    Memphus says:
    and our micro game, war with Kaz.
    Memphus says:
    our team has accepted that we are willing to sacrifice the macro game to win the micro game with kaz.
    Morgan says:
    bold stratergy
    Memphus says:
    not really
    Memphus says:
    the micro game is more fun

9. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

What do they mean by us being maxed? We aren't - I think we'll end up doubling in size, at least.

10. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. Over the next 4 turns we gain another 100 base bpt, that's a 40%+ increase. That's just from placing FC into growth mode, bureaucracy, working 5 scientists in OO and a little growth in GM, Sb and JD.

I wonder what we are going to be doing in around 15 turns tbh.

TBH KM isn't the brightest bulb in the house. You can see that from the fact that he just decided to ask us what our plans are.

11. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Been out for a few days....

Morgan is just fishing!

He didn't catch anything worth putting in the hold, EXCEPT, disinformation! The part about us sacrificing the macro game for the micro game could steer them down the wrong path.

The part about us being maxed out.....not sure exactly what they mean by that. We are clearly not maxed out, they have sailed our borders and know the basic lay of our terrain, so they are just stabbing into the dark on that one.

12. Krill

Krill Chieftain

TBH I don't quite see why Cavs should be trying to fish for info. They should be able to figure out enough with what Kaz tells them.