Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Probably wouldn't actually be that hard but I'm not too familiar with the UI side of adding filters and though it sounds cool it would still be low priority for my personal efforts.

Yeah I'm not saying it's a major requirement or priority, it just feels like the one potential filter that could be utilized that's currently not there. I'm pretty sure the buildings needed for units are already covered by the "Buildings that give a Military Advantage" filter.

Idea: send a message to yourself in the future.

You have a city of size five, and nothing to build anymore and put it on "Research" until it grows to size six (when new buildings are available). I tend to forget about this city, because it takes like 81 turns (I play on eons) before it grows. I would like the option to send a message to future me in 81 turns to look at this city...

EDIT: It is of course part of the game play to forget this, so not a request, just an idea.

You have a city of size five, and nothing to build anymore and put it on "Research" until it grows to size six (when new buildings are available).
Using food merchants to speed up this growth is a pretty useful tactic, helps you prevent forgetting. Ultimately you will end up with cities that have constructed everything you need to at some point though... we really do need to fix the F1 screen at some point :shifty:

Idea: send a message to yourself in the future.

You have a city of size five, and nothing to build anymore and put it on "Research" until it grows to size six (when new buildings are available). I tend to forget about this city, because it takes like 81 turns (I play on eons) before it grows. I would like the option to send a message to future me in 81 turns to look at this city...

EDIT: It is of course part of the game play to forget this, so not a request, just an idea.
There's actually a way to do this that's been in the game since vanilla but for the life of me I can never remember how - something about setting an alert for yourself

There's actually a way to do this that's been in the game since vanilla but for the life of me I can never remember how - something about setting an alert for yourself
Thought it was a BUG added thing; Alt-M or Alt-R perhaps, might show on the 'reminder' shortcut list on game entry or somewhere in the ingame bug settings themselves.

Thought it was a BUG added thing; Alt-M or Alt-R perhaps, might show on the 'reminder' shortcut list on game entry or somewhere in the ingame bug settings themselves.

Alt-m works exactly like I want it to work, thanks!

isnt there a "pirate" looking ship that we could use rather than the same Privateer looking one, very confusing looking at both the same ships on a map??
Not sure I understand you here. A privateer IS a pirate.

meaning privateer ones (normal) cant attack other civ ships without war
A normal privateer is a pirate that can attack other civ ships without war... If it shows up with a Pirate flag it's because it's a barbarian. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'd have to look a lot closer at the situation. We have Dragonship Pirates (an earlier version) that have some kind of pirate marking at all times and I know the Privateer as a ship doesn't naturally show off that it's a Pirate - it might look like another kind of ship for the era - but it's kinda not supposed to - it's supposed to look like a non-threatening ship when it's just out and about. The dragonships declare themselves as hostile at all times because they aren't as refined in their piracy strategies.

When you say the normal privateer doesn't have the pirate btn, what button are you talking about exactly?

A normal privateer is a pirate that can attack other civ ships without war... If it shows up with a Pirate flag it's because it's a barbarian. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'd have to look a lot closer at the situation. We have Dragonship Pirates (an earlier version) that have some kind of pirate marking at all times and I know the Privateer as a ship doesn't naturally show off that it's a Pirate - it might look like another kind of ship for the era - but it's kinda not supposed to - it's supposed to look like a non-threatening ship when it's just out and about. The dragonships declare themselves as hostile at all times because they aren't as refined in their piracy strategies.

When you say the normal privateer doesn't have the pirate btn, what button are you talking about exactly?
nvr,d i was looking at something else, brain fart .. .lol

Please dont make it any harder on the "wealth" area, i have to now with the new SVN's lately, have ALL my cities on Wealth and if i dont i will have nothing left, and in later on cant buy hardly anything like units/techs etc .. especially if i have gotten cities from other civs, then it gets really hard on wealth . .i even only can have my research on top left no more than 40% now. .plus Culture and Espionage at 0%

Last edited:
Please dont make it any harder on the "wealth" area, i have to now with the new SVN's lately, have ALL my cities on Wealth and if i dont i will have nothing left, and in later on cant buy hardly anything like units/techs etc .. especially if i have gotten cities from other civs, then it gets really hard on wealth . .i even only can have my research on top left no more than 40% now. .
You are playing on Noble, right? Then your expenses are much lower than on Immortal or Emperor.
Can you upload save?

Maybe you are missing lots of resources - resources and buildings, especially wonders give you tons of gold.

You are playing on Noble, right? Then your expenses are much lower than on Immortal or Emperor.
Can you upload save?

Maybe you are missing lots of resources - resources and buildings, especially wonders give you tons of gold.
ok, plus it cost over 210,000 just for a copy of the "World Map" and all i can accumilate now is around 300,000 total and thats if again i have all the cities on Wealth.

Attachments

• StrategyOnly.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
accumilate now is around 300,000 total and thats if again i have all the cities on Wealth.
You could be suffering from inflation; are you buying things every turn? Also @Toffer90 , does placing improvements count as spending gold? I recently added more cost to placing improvements as part of the improvement change recently, but might need to tone that down then if it's going toward inflation and causing havoc

Probably too many cities to support...
cant be that i have them pretty well spread apart ..

You could be suffering from inflation; are you buying things every turn? Also @Toffer90 , does placing improvements count as spending gold? I recently added more cost to placing improvements as part of the improvement change recently, but might need to tone that down then if it's going toward inflation and causing havoc
could be, i am a "builder" and buy ALL the building and everything there for each city, just like DH does for some, i like my queue empty ..

i don't mind it now, makes it more challenging, but no more please. . .

could be, i am a "builder" and buy ALL the building and everything there for each city, just like DH does for some, i like my queue empty ..
This would be your issue lol
Look at the financial advisor; I bet your inflation expenditure is absolutely massive. Stop buying things for a bit and see what happens!

This would be your issue lol
Look at the financial advisor; I bet your inflation expenditure is absolutely massive. Stop buying things for a bit and see what happens!
Total expenses: 35591, inflation is 23362 gold.
So yeah he has huge inflation.

He has 20 cities, its Standard/Noble/Normal settings.
So buying building is problem, I just would let them be built.

And I wouldn't turn forests to farms at first place lol
Lack of some resources also may be problem.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-12-14 18-49-45-14.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2020-12-14 18-50-02-47.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom