Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Schema are centralized in one location now (this was changed year or two ago), seems like you didn't do that for your modmods.

I updated schema.
Those should be put in Custom Civilization module, don't forget to add entry in MLF, or enable it in MLF.

No errors on start, and it seemed to be purely schema issue.

Attachments

• Lower_Sioux.rar
    6.7 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hello again everyone,
I've a couple of questions again. They are not as fundamental as they were the last time, but more mundane.
1) I am currently using one of the space maps with the solar system from "Snofru" and not so long ago evolved to the "Satellites" technology. A script from BtS worked for me, which opens the entire map. On ordinary, earthly maps, this looks normal and logical, but not on space ones. Here is, in fact, the question:
Is it possible to make this script open only the Earth sector, ignoring all space tiles?
Otherwise it turns out ridiculous: you launch the first artificial satellite and ... you get the whole map of the Universe! Even today, astronomers cannot see the edge of the Universe, and in the game, the very first space technologies allow you to do this.

2) I noticed long ago that if you advance in the game to the beginning of the 9th era of Nanotech, then bugs with custom music and soundtracks appear in the game. This isn't the first time I've had this error. I create a separate folder where I put my selection of music tracks for future/space eras, then in the settings I tell Civ4 to play music from the created custom folder. But, starting with Nanotech, the game periodically "loses" paths to these folders and starts playing soundtracks from the Tranhuman folder in a circle. At the same time, the game writes something like this message in the log:
Could not 3D setup sample handled ###
And after that the game "sees" and plays only these tracks: "Hydro", "Paperhouse", "Stars" and 4 more compositions from the mentioned Transhuman folder. There is no way you can force the game to revert to custom music. The only way to do this is to go to the desktop, restart the game and load, first clicking the checkbox in the settings to re-enable custom music. And this can happen every hour, every half hour, that is, completely unpredictable. Usually this bug occurs at the moment of transferring the AI turn. Sometimes this happens when the soundtracks are switched, and at this moment you open the city panel and a error occurs.
This error is not that it interferes with playing, but you must agree: sooner or later you will get tired of listening to the seven standard soundtracks from the Transhuman folder? Therefore, I'm asking here: how can you deal with this sound bug? Can you determine where the root of this glitch is hidden? Maybe this is a flaw in the code and can be cured in the next C2C updates?

Female Missionaries as early as Classical era can display the "Could not 3D setup sample handledId3" error.

@
Kokuryutel,
Your post and my post both should be in the Git and SVN v41 Bug thread.

I saw comments a couple pages back about Marauder and Industrial espionage not working. I've had several occurrences where I get nothing from AI's when killing their units and when I do get some its 7or 8 gold and 1 science. Looked up in the trade window and this guy has over 2 mill in gold and is ahead of me in early Medieval age with science. Of course then they hit me once and get 10 times as much from me, even though I only had a bit over 200k of gold at the time. So yeah I think there is something in those calculations that is off.

Also in this game I was able to get spartan culture and make myself a bunch of Spartan warrior's, however now that I am able to upgrade them to light swordsmen the upgrade cost ranges from -12k to -22k gold. And yes I did do one of them and it DID give me 12k gold for the upgrade,

Sorry forgot to note, this is with the SVN version last updated on 1/19/21

LOVE this mod and the detail in it, just wanted to let you know, by far the best of the Civ games with what you folks have done to it.

Also in this game I was able to get spartan culture and make myself a bunch of Spartan warrior's, however now that I am able to upgrade them to light swordsmen the upgrade cost ranges from -12k to -22k gold. And yes I did do one of them and it DID give me 12k gold for the upgrade,
I can see how that can happen that you could get an upgrade to a unit that's cheaper. I'll have to make sure this is looked for in a number of spots as the review continues.

Female Missionaries as early as Classical era can display the "Could not 3D setup sample handledId3" error.

@
Kokuryutel,
Your post and my post both should be in the Git and SVN v41 Bug thread.
That's because there is sound filename mismatch.
Sounds/Units/Female_Unit_SoundPack/Female_Missionary_Selection
after going to unit art define and to two sound defining xml files.
VS
Sounds/Units/Female_Unit_SoundPack/Female_Missionary_Selection-000
for example.

That module is VERY incomplete - only vanilla corporation executives has Female variants.

I think complete review is needed for all things, that reference sounds in xml/audio.

Last edited:
Thru Git to build a FinalRelease after any commit it takes 15 minutes to build it. Did billw leave instructions on how to make this process faster?

Thru Git to build a FinalRelease after any commit it takes 15 minutes to build it. Did billw leave instructions on how to make this process faster?
It always took 15 - 20 minutes to build Final Release.

You could try overclocking CPU and using liquid nitrogen cooling, or getting NASA supercomputer. :sarcasm:

The Bactrian Catraphract is with is 13 strength way to strong at a time where 6-9 is the strength of other Mounted units. So I suggest to change it to strength 7 to be in line with the other speed 2 mounted units also it would prevent that the upgrade to a strength 12 unit isn't a downgrade. (play on 41.1.3907)

Edit: Also the spawn of str 9 Neandertaler Mammoth every few turn feels to overpowering at lower game difficulty (was at a even older version so this might have changed by now)

Last edited:
How so i add units of a certain ONLY civ that i added, just to see if they work correctly, ,,, went into the WB and tried to figure it out but that is way too understandable for me??

also can someone please check the coding of the entertainer, for some reason in that last five games i have played it stalls at certain times, not all times, when the entertainer is picked for usage. . . thx. .

Last edited:
also can someone please check the coding of the entertainer, for some reason in that last five games i have played it stalls at certain times, not all times, when the entertainer is picked for usage. . . thx. .

Bard, Entertainer and Celebrity can build tons of different buildings, I think this causes UI lag.

Last edited:
went into the WB and tried to figure it out but that is way too understandable for me??
That's interesting. My recent experiences with WB have made me feel like its easier to work with from an intuitive perspective, MUCH moreso, rather than harder. You want to know how to add a unit to a map for a selected player? Is that what you're finding tough to figure out exactly?

Bard, Entertainer and Celebrity can build tons of different buildings, I think this causes UI lag.
not so much of a stall, i should say rather than a COMPLETE stall, when it happens it happens to all units after selecting the entertainer/cel/bard . . .

That's interesting. My recent experiences with WB have made me feel like its easier to work with from an intuitive perspective, MUCH moreso, rather than harder. You want to know how to add a unit to a map for a selected player? Is that what you're finding tough to figure out exactly?
i went thru all the icons there and there was no place i could select any of the NEW units i have in MY civ in the module area?? so i guess Yes. . .

not so much of a stall, i should say rather than a COMPLETE stall, when it happens it happens to all units after selecting the entertainer/cel/bard . . .

i went thru all the icons there and there was no place i could select any of the NEW units i have in MY civ in the module area?? so i guess Yes. . .
Does WB divide units out by modules now? I don't recall that - just a long alphabetized list. hmm... Maybe your unit isn't getting loaded properly so that it can even be found in the worldbuilder list. Can you find it in the pedia?

Does WB divide units out by modules now? I don't recall that - just a long alphabetized list. hmm... Maybe your unit isn't getting loaded properly so that it can even be found in the worldbuilder list. Can you find it in the pedia?
nevermind, i was looking for Lower Sioux, and not the original unit itself, DUH,, mine r just looking different is all, geez, brain fart .. .

Top Bottom