Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Started a new game recently and I went with super easy settings which included 'no barbarians' and 'animals stay out'.
On turn 120, I am getting zero animal spawns. Went into World Builder, not a single animal spawn as I can see.
Does 'no barbarians' include animals now?
I didn't think ahead and deleted the save, so I can't upload it if anyone would want to look at it. :twitch: But I could try to recreate it using the same settings.
Yeah, was a bug in what the bTreatAsBarbarian spawnInfo tag defaults to if it is not present in a spawnInfo entry, it defaulted to true, when it was supposed to default to false, meaning all animals had bTreatAsBarbarian=True

Fix on the way to SVN now, your save will start spawning animals even without a recalc, but there may still be other changes I've not accounted for that needs a recalc, so just do it if asked.

Is there a way to disable spies/criminals/hidden units? I find they're too much of a nuisance to be enjoyable, especially when some invisible munter rips up half the infrastructure around one of my cities before I can catch him.

Is there a way to disable spies/criminals/hidden units? I find they're too much of a nuisance to be enjoyable, especially when some invisible munter rips up half the infrastructure around one of my cities before I can catch him.
Dog units are your friends when it comes to these types of units.

Yes, but how do I disable them entirely? I don't really want to use them myself, and I hate having to deal with the AI spamming them all the livelong day.
Don't know a way of disabling them. If I get tired of them I just eliminate the source of them.

Have you put the dogs on border patrol? They will automatically kill any criminals they spot. If you max out vision, speed and anti criminal promotions, they do pretty decently.

Have you put the dogs on border patrol? They will automatically kill any criminals they spot. If you max out vision, speed and anti criminal promotions, they do pretty decently.
On H&S, Dogs aren't too effective against disguise invisibility so you may want to have some LE officers with checkpoints buildup out there every few spaces or so on the border to help with seeing through that method.

On H&S, Dogs aren't too effective against disguise invisibility so you may want to have some LE officers with checkpoints buildup out there every few spaces or so on the border to help with seeing through that method.
I wouldn't know about H&S, never use that option.

Speaking of Hide&Seek.
I would really appreciate a thorough explanation of all those VEIL TYPES, because those are beyond confusing as of now, and are not explained AT ALL.
And I really don't feel like browsing through a ton of various units in order to formulate those types myself.
So, yes, a Pedia on VEIL TYPES (as in, which units have which ones) would be very appreciated.
Note that I adore the idea itself, but I wish I also understood HOW it works in particular.

Speaking of Hide&Seek.
I would really appreciate a thorough explanation of all those VEIL TYPES, because those are beyond confusing as of now, and are not explained AT ALL.
And I really don't feel like browsing through a ton of various units in order to formulate those types myself.
So, yes, a Pedia on VEIL TYPES (as in, which units have which ones) would be very appreciated.
Note that I adore the idea itself, but I wish I also understood HOW it works in particular.
You know... I wrote the player's guide for a reason. lol. Ctrl-f makes a few key terms very easy to find within the first page of that post that will immediately get you the info you're looking for. I'm not a pedia programmer so I wouldn't know how to include images of the different veil types in the pedia so the information remains here until someone can figure out how to do that.

upload_2021-5-4_12-37-10.png

This post, as referred to, is here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/player-how-to-documentation.455542/page-4#post-14144882

You know... I wrote the player's guide for a reason. lol. Ctrl-f makes a few key terms very easy to find within the first page of that post that will immediately get you the info you're looking for. I'm not a pedia programmer so I wouldn't know how to include images of the different veil types in the pedia so the information remains here until someone can figure out how to do that.

View attachment 595769
This post, as referred to, is here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/player-how-to-documentation.455542/page-4#post-14144882
THANKS!
Though you were assuming that I actually ever took a look at any of this, lol, which I never did.
Well, good to know at least it EXISTS.

THANKS!
Though you were assuming that I actually ever took a look at any of this, lol, which I never did.
Well, good to know at least it EXISTS.
I suppose its to C2C's credit that a person CAN play it intuitively enough without reviewing the Player's Guide.

Sorry for asking/pushing the issue but is there a config or game file I can edit? This mod as a whole has made me appreciate Civ 4 so much more and this one particular mechanic is as of now my biggest and only significant gripe

Sorry for asking/pushing the issue but is there a config or game file I can edit? This mod as a whole has made me appreciate Civ 4 so much more and this one particular mechanic is as of now my biggest and only significant gripe
Then imagine how much more pissed I am, when in pretty much every game I have a few resources being CONSTANTLY burned by Invisible Exiles.
Like, pretty much every turn.
UNLESS I specifically put a defensive unit ON TOP OF THAT RESOURCE.
Which is just, ugh, ANNOYING.

Then imagine how much more pissed I am, when in pretty much every game I have a few resources being CONSTANTLY burned by Invisible Exiles.
Like, pretty much every turn.
UNLESS I specifically put a defensive unit ON TOP OF THAT RESOURCE.
Which is just, ugh, ANNOYING.

I KNOW RIGHT? Like, leave my horses and stone alone, you bastard!

The SVN version should have some better sanity control over how many criminals and such are being deployed. There was a known bug in the release version if that's what you're playing, that was inviting an unvaried AI strategy that was even harmful to the AI in how overly dedicated they were to it. So is the overwhelming aspect of what you're experiencing coming through on an SVN game or release game? Might still need to diminish the strategy some, though it really CAN be figured out how to adapt to.

Top Bottom