Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Well I finished things I wanted to do in mod, so I'm taking break from modding for a while.
Question: Who is now updating the SVN from Git?

So I tried taking a look at what's been with the mod since I played it last in the spring. Unfortunately, I ran into some difficulties right away. The BUG option is not working at all. I followed the install instructions, deleted the old assets, etc. But no game options are showing up. RevDC is showing up , but the C2C Game options tab is totally empty. There is also no version number for BUG in the menu, as it said their would be.

Secondly, on my first attempt at a new playthrough, without any options, after a couple of hundred turns, still in the prehistoric stage (playing on eternity), the turn stalled, with the sounds looping, and the game and screen effectively frozen. I could move the mouse, but could not even switch to task manager. I logged out and back in; upon reloading the autosave, it said You have been defeated, for ALL available 4 autosaves. This never happened on any of the earlier versions. Please advise.

I'm using C2C 41.2. and BTS 3.19 and BUG 4.4

So I tried taking a look at what's been with the mod since I played it last in the spring. Unfortunately, I ran into some difficulties right away. The BUG option is not working at all. I followed the install instructions, deleted the old assets, etc. But no game options are showing up. RevDC is showing up , but the C2C Game options tab is totally empty. There is also no version number for BUG in the menu, as it said their would be.

Secondly, on my first attempt at a new playthrough, without any options, after a couple of hundred turns, still in the prehistoric stage (playing on eternity), the turn stalled, with the sounds looping, and the game and screen effectively frozen. I could move the mouse, but could not even switch to task manager. I logged out and back in; upon reloading the autosave, it said You have been defeated, for ALL available 4 autosaves. This never happened on any of the earlier versions. Please advise.

I'm using C2C 41.2. and BTS 3.19 and BUG 4.4
Don't use BUG as its already included in mod.
Ensure that your mod folder isn't nested, is named Caveman2Cosmos and isn't in Documents folder
Always do clean install, that is never override old version of mod with new one, and delete old version first.

Don't use BUG as its already included in mod.
Ensure that your mod folder isn't nested, is named Caveman2Cosmos and isn't in Documents folder
Always do clean install, that is never override old version of mod with new one, and delete old version first.
I don't understand -- there are many options that used to be accessible through BUG. If BUG is gone, where would I find them now? For example, setting terrain like deserts and arctic to damage units (the way I like to play).

I don't understand -- there are many options that used to be accessible through BUG. If BUG is gone, where would I find them now? For example, setting terrain like deserts and arctic to damage units (the way I like to play).
C2C has BUG integrated, no need to install BUG mod on C2C to get BUG options in C2C.
C2C is a standalone mod, it should not me merged with any other mod out there unless you know what you're doing.
Also, your BtS installation should be clean, it should not have been modified directly (meaning no tinkering with vanilla files that are not within the Mods folder.)

Anyhow, I'd recommend you to get the latest SVN version, as a lot of bugs have been sorted out since the v41.2 release on modDB.
https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN

C2C has BUG integrated, no need to install BUG mod on C2C to get BUG options in C2C.
C2C is a standalone mod, it should not me merged with any other mod out there unless you know what you're doing.
Also, your BtS installation should be clean, it should not have been modified directly (meaning no tinkering with vanilla files that are not within the Mods folder.)

Anyhow, I'd recommend you to get the latest SVN version, as a lot of bugs have been sorted out since the v41.2 release on modDB.
https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN

does this mean there are no more in-game options that can be changed? I'm still looking ofr the "terrain damage" option, is this still in the game? Also, Some things don't seem to be working, unless that is also intended, namely the Religions screen (blank, no info), and the list of completed Wonders. If that was deleted (since it allowed some free intelligence into what far away cultures were up to), ok; or is this a bug?

does this mean there are no more in-game options that can be changed? I'm still looking ofr the "terrain damage" option, is this still in the game? Also, Some things don't seem to be working, unless that is also intended, namely the Religions screen (blank, no info), and the list of completed Wonders. If that was deleted (since it allowed some free intelligence into what far away cultures were up to), ok; or is this a bug?
1. Mod folder can't be in Documents folder.
2. Ensure mod folder isn't nested and is named Caveman2Cosmos
3. Run game as admin
4. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one

1. Mod folder can't be in Documents folder.
2. Ensure mod folder isn't nested and is named Caveman2Cosmos
3. Run game as admin
4. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one

I think I installed properly and running as admin. Still no in-game options, and Religion screen comes up blank. Makes it hard to switch to a religion. I will try the SVN version now.

btw, how do I choose which Great People will be used to start a Golden Age? I have a stateman, a priest, a hunter, and a general. I need two and want to use the statesman and the hunter and preserve the priest and the general. Several tries but no luck getting the right combo so far. Selecting two of them doesn't seem to help.

btw, how do I choose which Great People will be used to start a Golden Age? I have a stateman, a priest, a hunter, and a general. I need two and want to use the statesman and the hunter and preserve the priest and the general. Several tries but no luck getting the right combo so far. Selecting two of them doesn't seem to help.
You can't

Just tried the latest SVN, I completely re-installed the mod via the SVN option in an empty folder named caveman2cosmos. Options and Religion screen are still not working. My Civ4/BtS installation has not changed at all.

This sis a screenshot of some errors I am getting when starting a new game. Looks like something is wrong with REvolution. Error occurs with both SVN and 41.2

Attachments

• c2c screenshot with errors.jpg
    c2c screenshot with errors.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 37
This sis a screenshot of some errors I am getting when starting a new game. Looks like something is wrong with REvolution. Error occurs with both SVN and 41.2
You failed to install or run mod properly.

Those errors doesn't happen if mod is installed properly.

You can't

Really?
Then either this has changed, or I am extremely lucky. I move the chosen Great People to their own square, selecting one of them has until now always selected all the GP on that spot.

Then either this has changed, or I am extremely lucky. I move the chosen Great People to their own square, selecting one of them has until now always selected all the GP on that spot.
Yes, you were lucky

Yes, you were lucky
I just did eight tests, it works every time.
I have seven GP now and need two for a golden age.
Moving the two chosen ones out of the city and selecting one of them, will select the other one on the same tile (worked four times).
Moving five GP out of the city and selecting one of the two remaining GP in the city, will select the other one in the city (also worked four times).
Been doing this for ten years.
I can't be that lucky.
(using SVN from a couple weeks ago)

If I'm not mistaken, I usually ctrl+select the ones I want to start the golden age (group them) and start the yabadabadoo

Top Bottom