1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. climat

climat King

Resources like silver, dye, cotton, olive appear as a group. It's intentional. Check Civ4BonusInfos.xml, and you can see these tags.

• iGroupRange - If non-zero, every time this resource is placed, all tiles within iGroupRange radius have a iGroupRand chance to have this resource.
    • iGroupRand - If iGroupRange is non-zero, this is the percentage chance that each tile within iGroupRange radius will contain that resource.

- from modiki

and these tags are defined like this.

Code:
    			<Type>BONUS_SILVER</Type>
    			<iGroupRange>1</iGroupRange>
    			<iGroupRand>25</iGroupRand>
    It wasn't changed from BTS/RoM/AND as far as I know. I'm not sure it should be changed or not.

About Sulfur, well, I usually get at least one sulfur.. I agree with Copper thing, though.

Regarding resources, salt is really rare but iron and prime timber is too common. Especially prime timber is placed like crazy one! :crazyeye:
    It's because its tag is defined as this.

Code:
    			<Type>BONUS_TIMBER</Type>
    			<iPlayer>150</iPlayer>
    			<iTilesPer>16</iTilesPer>
    It should be reduced.

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The concentrate-on-tech path with only very few extremely strategic wars (just one with my earstwhile closest neighbour so far) is still working for me (on flexible difficulty but that means diety since pretty early on) in V15. What I DID find is that I was MILES behind for really quite a long time, but during the classical era I was able to start trading my way back into the game, and now, as I enter industrial, I have the tech lead. In V15 though, it's taken me a lot longer to get to that position, and I lost the race to all the early important techs (tribalism, sedentary, all early religions, all the ancient and classical free great people techs). In some ways losing out on founding the early religions ended up working well for me, since it forced me to beeline to Astronomy for Andeaism later on, and I can tell you - Andeaism ROCKS for a builder type player (like me) due to significant research bonuses from all its buildings.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Agree on salt - mega rare. Prime timber - meh - it's not very useful anyway really provided you get one so extras are kinda irrelevant. Don't feel strongly either way if it gets changed.

4. climat

climat King

Well. Actually, it's important because so many prime timber currently occupy room where other resources could be placed when the map was generated.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I was hoping the new Salt Tech would open up more salt resources, but that hasn't happened. And shouldn't that tech open up things like Making salt dehydrators/evaporators (forgot the real name for making sea salt) along the coasts?(Hint, Hint, Hydro!).

Prime timber became more numerous with the "Improvements" to Jungle Camp. It was pointed out that woods like mahogany come from jungles. And Prime timber is not Pine trees. And if you have a seafaring empire the added hammers from a prime timber tile Is very useful, along with it's a requirement for ship building.

Need more Horses, Apples, and Olives. Bison seem plentiful, but deer only in the polar/tundra regions. And here in the midwest (Illinois) Deer are very abundant! So deer need to show up in more temperate regions.

JosEPh

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

We have that, its called a Desalination Plant and it gives you a free salt resource.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am still getting deer in the tropics. In fact there is no way to limit resources by latitude. They also represent antelope and kangaroos.:mischief:

Edit:
    some map scripts may I suppose but it is not in the XML

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Have you added Kangi's to your eXperimental files too!

I keep meaning to put Leviathan back in but keep forgetting. :D

@ Hydro,
    I guess I just have not made it that far into the game to get desalination plant. Havn't some Mideastern/Eastern cultures done this for centuries?

JosEPh

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

No kangaroos. Big changes coming with the "extras" soon. Zebra and Zebra units are just the beginning.

I keep wanting to make a "quest" based on the Killer Rabbit but I need a "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" unit also.

10. EldrinFal

EldrinFal King

I know that options in the config screen screw up the AI strategy, but would it be a good idea I wonder to have a setting to turn on or off the more "fictional" or "surreal" elements? I personally love them, but I think some don't.

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

WOW, i haven't even got to turn 1 yet and i have :mad: and :yuck: already. :sad:

At least on turn 9 i got Native Language and i got rid of that awful :mad:

EDIT: I re-did the war weariness, now its better.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

You can unlock the Kangaroo Hunter's Camp if you have Rabbits and Camels in your city vicinity. Note there is also a Diprotodon Hunter's Camp which is unlocked from Rabbits + Mammoths. Note Diprotodons are giant extinct wombats. :goodjob:

I know rabbits are not marsupials but I may use the resource to have other marsupial buildings like wombats traps or koala traps.

As for the salt I don't know. Seems possible.

13. ThoricFrame

ThoricFrame Chieftain

Because you removed the GST civic you're missing the +2 happy from no GST. I guess you guys will need to change something else to balance that out

14. strategyonly

@Koshling:/ DH:

I now get this error message after the new Neanderthal spawning?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Revolution", line 565, in onBeginPlayerTurn
    File "Revolution", line 652, in checkForRevReinforcement
    File "Revolution", line 952, in doRevReinforcement
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'int' and 'NoneType'

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Most unlikely to be related to the new Neanderthal stuff since that doesn't involve Python. Note that the Neadnerthal Python was deleted from SVN, but if you just export on top of where you run from you may still have it there (SVN will have deleted it from you working copy, but I presume you export from that inot your mod folder). Regardless though the tracebacks suggest this is a bug in the REV/BUG Python

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am not getting an error. Looking at that line of code and I can see nothing wrong. The same bit of code was used earlier in the function OK. Now, haven't had my morning coffee yet so I may have missed something.

17. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

You would also need to add the promotion "count to three". Only units with that promotion should be able to use the holy hand grenade ability. :)

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I want a schwubbery!

19. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

There is a "herring forrester" promotion in here somewhere. It would let workers chop down very tall trees with.......never mind.

20. strategyonly

@DH:

1. Where does it have the amount of animals again to ADD more, ie in 1st screenie i only have 5 animals total on that LARGE island and i just entered the Classical Era, and its still inhabited:confused: I know, but i am working on alot of stuff right now, and just dont want to look around, sorry, and thx.

2. I got the Shinto and Janism religion somehow on my Large Island but i have only one contact with another civ and that's ALOOOONG ways away, and besides where they are (the religions) are in the middle of the island:crazyeye::confused: