Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I prefer my suggestion (above). It's a bit easier to implemnt and much less arbitrary (being in a city is something the AI would need modification to unerstand the significance of). It equally solves the allies problem (though it prevents you attacking your allies in this way also [but IMO that's reasonable])

That IS a better solution. I was writing my reply as you were so didn't see it until after I posted :)

Open borders, permanent alliance, vassal

Does that prevent Warlords from pillaging in ally territories? I haven't had full allies in C2C in a LONG time so I forgot if it was possible to send a Warlord into their territory to pillage their improvements.

I'm not sure if Open Boards alone should make them see hidden-nat'l units as friendly though. Perm alliances and Vassals yes. And maybe the Peace/Cease fire period that comes after a war?

Does that prevent Warlords from pillaging in ally territories? I haven't had full allies in C2C in a LONG time so I forgot if it was possible to send a Warlord into their territory to pillage their improvements.

I'm not sure if Open Boards alone should make them see hidden-nat'l units as friendly though. Perm alliances and Vassals yes. And maybe the Peace/Cease fire period that comes after a war?

Its a compromise. If you dont include open borders then you cant (easily) stop your allies attacking your hidden units as you move them through with military stacks (which is worse IMO) since they don't know they are yours.

Its a compromise. If you dont include open borders then you cant (easily) stop your allies attacking your hidden units as you move them through with military stacks (which is worse IMO) since they don't know they are yours.

I see what you mean. I actually rarely get into that situation since either I war with a neighbor, or he's my vassal. But that can work. It would also stop them from raiding your territory with Warlords.

I am getting a repeating crash whenever I use an airplane for anything except recon. however, it appears that the AI are able to use them.

I am getting a repeating crash whenever I use an airplane for anything except recon. however, it appears that the AI are able to use them.

Save game please (max compatibility) with instructions on exactly how to repeat

Ok here is the save game
its not hard to replicate whenever I right-click to attack with or rebase an airplane, the game crashs I have not tested if it crashs when I click the button "rebase" or "bombard"

It did not crash when I auto-reconed my airship. It also crashs when I try to group airplanes together.
*Edit* It doesn't crash when i left click the buttons*Edit

how about you try merging total war concepts into c2c just an idea bc there are some very cool concepts that would be great merged in

Ok here is the save game
its not hard to replicate whenever I right-click to attack with or rebase an airplane, the game crashs I have not tested if it crashs when I click the button "rebase" or "bombard"

It did not crash when I auto-reconed my airship. It also crashs when I try to group airplanes together.
*Edit* It doesn't crash when i left click the buttons*Edit

Found and fixed. I will be updating the patch thread later today - check back there in a few hours.

@Koshling:

I am getting a CTD on next turn:mad:

This game is not really rescueable. I'll modify the DLL to not crash (later this afternoon), but somehow you've got bad data on your player. The game thinks you need -100% food to grow (as a player, which basically only comes from civcs, though only 15% of it is explained by your current civics). This means that every city is growing every turn (except where there are buildings that push the growth threshold in the other direction), and furthermore now the threshold has gone negative in some cities (since you have buildings that reduce it further) the calculations go very wrong and division by 0 results.

I'll fix it to always require at least ONE food to grow (and in doing so fix the crash), but I have no idea how your game got into this state. The only way I can think of would be to save the game with civics in force that reduce the growth threshold, then change the assets such that those civics are no longer present. That would 'lock in' the threshold reduction from the now non-existant civics (since you never switch out of them to go into whatever replaced them in the modified assets), and could eventually build up like this. However, that theory would require this game to have been played under multiple civic asset definitions that have changed a number of times to remove civics the game was in, which seems unlikely.

So, all I can say is, as you play keep an eye on the food needed to grow and see if it seems to be going down for some reason you can't explain. Whatever causes that is what is eventually leading to this crash.

I think this negative required food state is also what is causing the inability to open the city screen on some cities.

This game is not really rescueable. I'll modify the DLL to not crash (later this afternoon), but somehow you've got bad data on your player. The game thinks you need -100% food to grow (as a player, which basically only comes from civcs, though only 15% of it is explained by your current civics). This means that every city is growing every turn (except where there are buildings that push the growth threshold in the other direction), and furthermore now the threshold has gone negative in some cities (since you have buildings that reduce it further) the calculations go very wrong and division by 0 results.

I'll fix it to always require at least ONE food to grow (and in doing so fix the crash), but I have no idea how your game got into this state. The only way I can think of would be to save the game with civics in force that reduce the growth threshold, then change the assets such that those civics are no longer present. That would 'lock in' the threshold reduction from the now non-existant civics (since you never switch out of them to go into whatever replaced them in the modified assets), and could eventually build up like this. However, that theory would require this game to have been played under multiple civic asset definitions that have changed a number of times to remove civics the game was in, which seems unlikely.

So, all I can say is, as you play keep an eye on the food needed to grow and see if it seems to be going down for some reason you can't explain. Whatever causes that is what is eventually leading to this crash.

I think this negative required food state is also what is causing the inability to open the city screen on some cities.

Excellent explanation, i will just start a NEW game and see what happens then, this is mainly what i have have been waiting for to do updates, i just need to check to make sure i can run from one end to at least the Modern Era, which i haven't gotten to in a year, but i keep trying:p

Excellent explanation, i will just start a NEW game and see what happens then, this is mainly what i have have been waiting for to do updates, i just need to check to make sure i can run from one end to at least the Modern Era, which i haven't gotten to in a year, but i keep trying:p

I'm getting close in my game. About mid way through industrial atm.

How do you install the extra leaderhead pack for C2C?

Also is there a way to shut off the Culture part of the game, and just build regular UUs and UBs dependant on the civ?

something you should consider is nerfing Patrician. It is really overpowered. It is a very early civic and I always end up running it up until tecnocracy, which I adopt only for aesthetic reasons. maybe if you made it so it had high upkeep and +100% maintenence, that would help weaken it. I always end up with 150000+ gold and 500 gold per turn because of it! everything else pales in comparison

something you should consider is nerfing Patrician. It is really overpowered. It is a very early civic and I always end up running it up until tecnocracy, which I adopt only for aesthetic reasons. maybe if you made it so it had high upkeep and +100% maintenence, that would help weaken it. I always end up with 150000+ gold and 500 gold per turn because of it! everything else pales in comparison

There is a thread about Civics in the subforum below. This thought should be expressed there and hopefully generate some good discussion.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436363

JosEPh :)

you guys might want to look at the future mod, it has some pretty cool stuff. it also has maps which allows you to have cities on two planets at once

Top Bottom