Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

i think thats good, i usually turn on the option - barbs always raze, coz often its easy enough to just mass up some units and take cities back.

the arcology/ arcology shielding/ advanced shielding biulding dont show up on the map. can someone please change this , it has a big impact on late future game flavour. and it is a defensivie biulding
great mod ^^

does editing CIV4EraInfos iResearch tech costs for era actually work?? For example if I put prehistoric to 50 will that make all prehistoric techs half the cost?

oh what is this? <iTechCostModifier>0</iTechCostModifier> I notice it goes up gradually through the eras like industrial is 14 modern is 12 etc So i guess it means a positive number increases cost?

On another note, I started a new GEM game with start as minor this time, but i think im going to have to restart already coz the AI basically just camps inside there border the entire prehistoric era since they are at war with everyone they become too scared to go out and hunt the animals it seems.. anyway at the end of prehistoric im way ahead already playing emperor.. So i think that setting is kinda fail.

So can we buff Secure borders civic? Currently its just not worth doing, and I'm trying to be a strict facist nation, but open borders beats it in every way. You'd think 'secure' would provide at least SOME bonus in some way?
If you switch to Secrue from Open you get::
-10% maitence distance to palace, :)
-2 trade routes per city :( :(
+25% more food needed to grow :( :(
-20% gold from trade routes :(
-higher upkeep cost :(

So the only bonus, is a slightly better maintenance cost, but that itself it offbeat by its higher upkeep, meanwhile the loss of trade routes, gold, and food is just demolishing. I propose buffing it to be at least be usefull...make enemy espionage a % harder to do, ++espionage points for trian station, harbors, airports... figure having secure borders would imply some sort of benefit to those things. (checking for terrorists at the borders) Or make it a lot better in everyway. It is the very last border option you can do, and requires the most adv. tech to implement, but sucks lol!

.make espionage a % harder to do, ++espionage points for trian station, harbors, airports... figure having secure borders would imply some sort of benefit to those things.
Completely agreed here.

Well write up what you exactly think should be changed and then we can review it. I think it should be buffed too.

For starters how about increased enemy espionage costs? That seems reasonable as one item (needs more though to balance it)

Edit - nvm - I see someone more or less already said that ;)

Do me a favor though ok, keep things that are wrong in the Caveman2Cosmos thread, and only ideas and suggestions in this thread, much appreciated, thx.

kk sry mate :)

Hi,

I have a problem.

I reinstalled the whole game (Civ4 Complete), and just the mod (C2C Version 22.1) installed.

I tried to start it....the BTS was started, but after the mod cannot start (with C2C extra - leaderhads + C2C extra - long movies AND without). Of course I started in the game advanced/mod menu...

I've better PC than the minimum config (6GB RAM, 512MB VGA, lots of free HDD (30GB+)) and a Windows7 64bit.

Can you tell me what is wrong? :rolleyes:

The mod is interesting for me & I like to try it!

Br,

Attila

EDIT: Was not any error message, just exit the process.

Hi,

I have a problem.

I reinstalled the whole game (Civ4 Complete), and just the mod (C2C Version 22.1) installed.

I tried to start it....the BTS was started, but after the mod cannot start (with C2C extra - leaderhads + C2C extra - long movies AND without). Of course I started in the game advanced/mod menu...

I've better PC than the minimum config (6GB RAM, 512MB VGA, lots of free HDD (30GB+)) and a Windows7 64bit.

Can you tell me what is wrong? :rolleyes:

The mod is interesting for me & I like to try it!

Br,

Attila

EDIT: Was not any error message, just exit the process.

Are you playing with English as the language? Not playing with English can cause this problem. Some work has been done to try and fix this problem, which we think is caused by missing language tags in the text files.

I'll try to reinstall the game and then the C2C mod.
Maybe will help to try another version of the mod...

Edit: I cannot find any downloadable early version.

Do not try to get an ealier version of the mod, the mod has only gotten MORE stable and faster with updates.

Quick question, Is your BTS updated to 3.19? I know many retail don't have it patched, and if it isn't it will never work.

Do not try to get an ealier version of the mod, the mod has only gotten MORE stable and faster with updates.

Quick question, Is your BTS updated to 3.19? I know many retail don't have it patched, and if it isn't it will never work.

Ok, thanks. I'll not try earlier version. :)

My BTS is part of the Civ4 Complete and I think is the newest version...but I'll see now, good idea! Thanks!

Ok, thanks. I'll not try earlier version. :)

My BTS is part of the Civ4 Complete and I think is the newest version...but I'll see now, good idea! Thanks!

OMG!!! You are RIGHT!!! My original CIV4Complete version is only 3.13! :crazyeye::confused::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Now patched and started good!
Fantastic! Great! Good Job! THANKS!

BIG THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
:king:

I am copying pasting this from the SVN discussion thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11407593&posted=1#post11407593

I like the Abacus idea. I was trying to think of a per-mathmatics tech that still involved math.

Did you have an idea for a Y location? For instance Language is X1 Y9.

I would recommend x17 and Y9 or Y11.

The Tech can also be called Numerals, since it can be an umbrella for all the early math counting systems.

The Abacus of the Sumerians Wonder can become obsolete with Mathematics (x29), Banking (x40), or even Mercantilism (x45).

I agree it makes sense to include Numerals as a tech because Numerals slowly replaced Petroglyphs.

The Technical revolution started wuth the Sumerian Abacus.
http://everythingaroundit.wordpress...merian-abacus-to-the-world-changing-computer/

Sevopedia
Tech: Numerals

Tech: Barter-------> Numerals

"The mathematical sciences particularly exhibit order, symmetry, and limitation; and these are the greatest forms of the beautiful." - Aristotle

Epoch: End of Prehistoric (x17, Y9 or Y11).
Unlocks World Wonder: Abacus of the Sumerians (+25 % Gold in Capital City)
Obsolete :maybe Mathematics (x29), Banking (x40), or even Mercantilism (x45)
Production Cost: Similar to A world Wonder ???
Spoiler :

A number is an abstract concept; a numeral is a way to express a
number, usually in writing. For example, the number 5 can be thought
of as the concept of "fiveness" which all sets of five objects have in
common; it can be expressed using numerals such as 5, V, |||||, five,
and so on.

There are almost as many number systems as there are languages - the two seem to go hand in hand. One of the ways they are classified is by base.
It's the number of unique digits (including zero, if they have it), before the higher numbers are expressed as combinations of those unique numbers. For instance, the number fourteen is ten-and-four, linguistically; four-ten, fourteen.

It is difficult to imagine counting without numbers, but there was a time when written numbers did not exist. The earliest counting device was the human hand and its fingers. Then, as larger quantities (larger than ten human-fingers could represent) were counted, various natural items like pebbles and twigs were used to help count. Merchants who traded goods not only needed a way to count goods they bought and sold, but also to calculate the cost of those goods. Until numbers were invented, counting devices were used to make everyday calculations. The abacus is one of many counting devices invented to help count large numbers.

Tech Art

World Wonder:Abacus of the Sumerians
(+25 % Gold in Capital City)
Unlock Tech: Numerals
Obsolete :maybe Mathematics (x29), Banking (x40), or even Mercantilism (x45)
Production Cost: Similar to A world Wonder ???
Using calculation devices has a long tradition in humanity. Some of them were very successful and survived for a long time The period 2700&#8211;2300 BC saw the first appearance of the Sumerian abacus, a table of successive columns which delimited the successive orders of magnitude of their sexagesimal number system.
Spoiler :

The Sumerians used a base sixty in their number system. And because we ultimately inherited their writing and numbering systems, we have vestiges of that damned base sixty system floating around us, all day every day. Buy a dozen donuts? Special words for eleven and twelve? Twenty-four hours in a day, sixty minutes, sixty seconds, 360 degrees in a circle... all the Sumerians' fault.

The abacus was in use centuries before the adoption of the written modern numeral system and is still widely used by merchants, traders and clerks in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere. The user of an abacus is called an abacist.

Their are several variants of the abacus the were visible in the ancient world.

Roman abacus
The normal method of calculation in ancient Rome, as in Greece, was by moving counters on a smooth table. Originally pebbles, calculi, were used. Later, and in medieval Europe, jetons were manufactured. Marked lines indicated units, fives, tens etc.

Chinese abacus
The earliest known written documentation of the Chinese abacus dates to the 2nd century BC. The abacus has a long history behind it. It was already mentioned in a book of the Eastern Han Dynasty, namely Supplementary Notes on the Art of Figures written by Xu Yue about the year 190 A. D. The similarity of the Roman abacus to the Chinese one suggests that one could have inspired the other, as there is some evidence of a trade relationship between the Roman Empire and China.

Indian abacus
First century sources, such as the Abhidharmakosa describe the knowledge and use of abacus in India. Around the 5th century, Indian clerks were already finding new ways of recording the contents of the Abacus. Hindu texts used the term shunya (zero) to indicate the empty column on the abacus.

Egyptian abacus
The use of the abacus in Ancient Egypt is mentioned by the Greek historian Herodotus, who writes that the Egyptians manipulated the pebbles from right to left, opposite in direction to the Greek left-to-right method. Archaeologists have found ancient disks of various sizes that are thought to have been used as counters. However, wall depictions of this instrument have not been discovered.

Greek abacus
The earliest archaeological evidence for the use of the Greek abacus dates to the 5th century BC. The Greek abacus was a table of wood or marble, pre-set with small counters in wood or metal for mathematical calculations. This Greek abacus saw use in Achaemenid Persia, the Etruscan civilization, Ancient Rome and, until the French Revolution, the Western Christian world.

Persian abacus
During the Achaemenid Persian Empire, around 600 BC the Persians first began to use the abacus. Under Parthian and Sassanian Iranian empires, scholars concentrated on exchanging knowledge and inventions by the countries around them &#8211; India, China, and the Roman Empire, when it is thought to be expanded over the other countries.

Wonder Art

Top Bottom