Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

@strategyonly

You know anyone from FfH2? Maybe ask them if they know.

Yeh, but i have even done my Fantasy mod from FfH1 for over 4 years ago, and since Kael left, so did most of the guys that his team was also.

Hi, I am still having problems with the xml. I did all of the things that solved the other poster's issues but now instead of having a million errors when i try to load the mod, it freezes at the xml part of the loading screen, and it still says uncached.
The latest thing i tried was putting the part two of the file into the assets folder.

Hi, I am still having problems with the xml. I did all of the things that solved the other poster's issues but now instead of having a million errors when i try to load the mod, it freezes at the xml part of the loading screen, and it still says uncached.
The latest thing i tried was putting the part two of the file into the assets folder.

Try this and Welcome to CFC and trying this Great Mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos/downloads/caveman2cosmos-version-23-r2548

Edit: this will be a suprise

OMG the inconsistency of perspective of objects in the last one makes my head spin. :crazyeye:

Lol i agree, one of friends, she decided to add stuff to it for her game..i created the pillars and future window only...

Does anyone have a CLUE on how to change this?? (See attached) I know they did it in FfH2. I got it to work one time over 2 years ago, but haven't been able to since.:sad:

I just downloaded Fall from heaven 2 and found the location of the picture.
I think you need to look for a reference to civ4_title_small somewhere

1. go to \Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets

2. Unpak Assets0.fak

3. Its in the Art Folder

im going to add the Civ_title_small to my art folder and see if it replaces it

Dear MrAzure - I do not like the last image you posted (at least not for C2C), it looks like a "Hidden Object" observational puzzle game if you are familiar with that sort of thing (find the list of objects in the picture - traffic cone, check; military hat, check; treasure chest, check; hot air balloon, check; etc.) - casual recall/memory/observation fun (although they are usually a bit more complex and crowded with objects to find), but to me it gives the impression that C2C is a memory/hide and seek game, because of the associations I have with images like that from hidden object games, and it's clearly not that type of game.

I actually like the current screens :/

Dear MrAzure - I do not like the last image you posted (at least not for C2C), it looks like a "Hidden Object" observational puzzle game if you are familiar with that sort of thing (find the list of objects in the picture - traffic cone, check; military hat, check; treasure chest, check; hot air balloon, check; etc.) - casual recall/memory/observation fun (although they are usually a bit more complex and crowded with objects to find), but to me it gives the impression that C2C is a memory/hide and seek game, because of the associations I have with images like that from hidden object games, and it's clearly not that type of game.

I actually like the current screens :/

First I would like to say thank you for your warm feedback. After thinking about it ,and talking to the person who made it in my social group, i do not like it at all. You are absolutely right it feels like its the screen for a casual puzzle game than a deep strategy game. Even thou you like the current screens, there are many different styles to experience something.

I like the current screens but I am making OPTIONAL screens for people who want a different style of presentation.

Over the long term i plan on making an addon that will provide different a;ternate screens from the option menu that u can choose. Remember that StrategyOnly decides what current screens look like, i am just a crazy person with a different style. Again thanks for the feedback. :)

I just downloaded Fall from heaven 2 and found the location of the picture.
I think you need to look for a reference to civ4_title_small somewhere

Yeah i understand where its at, like i mentioned i had it working on 1 part 2 years ago, but since then i cant get anything i do to change them the way they are supposed to be, weird.:crazyeye: Thats why i need the :help:

Edit: Final version is a couple of posts down!

Spoiler :

Some of them look at bit stretched. Could you de-squish the caveman?

The other thing I notcied when making a title screen is the fact hat all the menu controls take up the middle. Which is one reason I had the Caveman sitting on one side and the astronaut standing on the the other.

Not to mention I had to make sure the words were high enough up not to be covered up.

Sorry wasnt online, anyways this is the final version..
Edited: final version below
Some of them look at bit stretched. Could you de-squish the caveman?

The other thing I notcied when making a title screen is the fact hat all the menu controls take up the middle. Which is one reason I had the Caveman sitting on one side and the astronaut standing on the the other.

Not to mention I had to make sure the words were high enough up not to be covered up.

I sent your picture to Mark and now i hope he gives the ok, thx to your GREAT looking pic lately:goodjob:

Ummm..i didnt like that main screen so i redid it..i consider this version ALOT better. I talked to some graphic design majors and they gave me some recommendations lol.

I read this after i posted my final version, i agree and with strategyonly suggestion to make the images bigger i made some changes. I know the menu control are going to take up some of the image, but the beauty is that its a transparent blue so it will match.

Edit: this will be a suprise

Can the screen for the Mod, when it's loading the map etc., alternate between the original and this one?

I like the looks of this one but am sentimental over the original too.

Good looking pics MrAzure.

JosEPh

Can the screen for the Mod, when it's loading the map etc., alternate between the original and this one?

I like the looks of this one but am sentimental over the original too.

Good looking pics MrAzure.

JosEPh

I am working on that, i used to have like 15 pics that loaded, but tat was before it had the BUG element in my mod, so i dont know for sure if i can still do it the easy way, but i am going to try, "When I Have Time" that is:rolleyes:

Top Bottom