Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

What do you'll think of LIMITING the dog units to a maximum of 5 units, they are just wasting space?? I mean do you really use them that much:confused:

I put a dog in every city!! Do not limit them!!

No rogue units ever sneak into my cities! :cowboy:

I keep a spy in each of my cities and 5-10 dogs units per era patrolling my lands. I'm with Hydro on this.

I keep a spy in each of my cities and 5-10 dogs units per era patrolling my lands. I'm with Hydro on this.

WOW really, i NEVER use them at all, infact in my latest game, i haven't seen an AI thief or Rogue yet, and i am in the middle of Ancient Era now?? And this is on Snail, which takes forever now btw. I have only gotten like five techs and it has taken me about 1 1/2 hours-2 hours so far just for the Ancient Era?? Took me 2 hours just to get out of the Prehistoric Era, almost 3:eek:?

WOW really, i NEVER use them at all, infact in my latest game, i haven't seen an AI thief or Rogue yet, and i am in the middle of Ancient Era now?? And this is on Snail, which takes forever now btw. I have only gotten like five techs and it has taken me about 1 1/2 hours-2 hours so far just for the Ancient Era?? Took me 2 hours just to get out of the Prehistoric Era, almost 3:eek:?

Usually takes me about a week's play to get out of prehistoric (on eternity though)

Usually takes me about a week's play to get out of prehistoric (on eternity though)

I was hoping you were around alittle, with all the tech changes and buildings and stuff for the Prehistoric/Ancient Era, when i hit the Ancient Era now, the TURN TIMES have gone waaaay up, taking alot longer. . . . . :(

And playing on Eternity, no darn way, i am glad you have the patients, not me.

I was hoping you were around alittle, with all the tech changes and buildings and stuff for the Prehistoric/Ancient Era, when i hit the Ancient Era now, the TURN TIMES have gone waaaay up, taking alot longer. . . . . :(

And playing on Eternity, no darn way, i am glad you have the patients, not me.

I'm still around in a 'lurking on the boards' sense this week. Back properly next week.

I'm still around in a 'lurking on the boards' sense this week. Back properly next week.

I tell you what there are like 50 posts in the bug/crashes thread "just waiting for you.":eek::p:p;)

I do the same. I use the dogs to warn me of Neanders approaching.

But as SO stated I have Not seen a Rogue, Thief, or Ambushers for sometime now. In fact since Crime was added. I have seen an assassin, but only after I was using one in a foreign land.

JosEPh

I do the same. I use the dogs to warn me of Neanders approaching.

But as SO stated I have Not seen a Rogue, Thief, or Ambushers for sometime now. In fact since Crime was added. I have seen an assassin, but only after I was using one in a foreign land.

JosEPh

Yeah on the Invisible units, even with the Building AIWeight upped and now i put even the unit weight up, still nothing??

Heck i dont even see an Neanderthals that much either anymore, maybe like 5-8 the whole game, its really defeating the beginning process, IMO. And i play on a Gigantic Map on Snail now. 15 - 20 civs.

I tell you what there are like 50 posts in the bug/crashes thread "just waiting for you.":eek::p:p;)

Not gonna happen unless someone highlights something particularly. I have been browsing that thread and the ONLY thing on it I intend to try to address (since as far as I can see it's the only thing with good test case and serious effect) is the size 1 cities issue with AI not building settlers or hunters.

After that I plan to spending my time on the multimap stuff. I will only be addressing SERIOUS bugs (crashes really) that are explicitly pointed out to me.

@Koshling,
The only serious bug was the 2616 build that deleted the Feature Cactus. It broke savegames. DH knows about it too.

@SO,
Current game I've had a devcent amount of Neanders. Even had pairs trying to pillage my countryside. But by 8000BC my Island continent is pretty much clear of them. Huge on Epic with 7AI.

JosEPh

Yes, I did, features are allowed to be missing now.

Does that include improvements? Since the features I am removing are ones that should have been resources but were added before the resource limit was removed. Which means they had special improvements for them. If it does then all the stuff I have been doing to keep games going has been a waste.

Does that include improvements? Since the features I am removing are ones that should have been resources but were added before the resource limit was removed. Which means they had special improvements for them. If it does then all the stuff I have been doing to keep games going has been a waste.
When the savegame loading code encounters a feature that is no more in the XML, it just treats it as NO_FEATURE. That does not run any code that removes improvements right away, so they should still be present.

What do you'll think of LIMITING the dog units to a maximum of 5 units, they are just wasting space?? I mean do you really use them that much:confused:

Now they are wasting tDogs and GG???:sad:

When the savegame loading code encounters a feature that is no more in the XML, it just treats it as NO_FEATURE. That does not run any code that removes improvements right away, so they should still be present.

No I meant can improvements also disappear without breaking a game.

Now they are wasting tDogs and GG???:sad:

Koshling mentioned he'd work on both of these issues eventually. The problem with the GGs is the AI thinks that they are completely best to be used as Commanders and so that's why they're all hoarded like that. Obviously, this is not entirely true, but telling the ai to strike a balance takes some interesting mathematics in the programming. He did say he did something to reduce the ai's fetish for dogs but apparently it didn't work quite as well as hoped...

Top Bottom