Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Koshling mentioned he'd work on both of these issues eventually. The problem with the GGs is the AI thinks that they are completely best to be used as Commanders and so that's why they're all hoarded like that. Obviously, this is not entirely true, but telling the ai to strike a balance takes some interesting mathematics in the programming. He did say he did something to reduce the ai's fetish for dogs but apparently it didn't work quite as well as hoped...

The residual problem with dogs is really just that they are actually quite good units for their eras, at least in terms of base strengths. Their weakness lies in the fact that they don't get very good promotions as much as anything, and right now the AI doesn't evaluate what promotions a unit might get in its lifetime when deciding whether to build them.

Hello

If I may I would like to make some suggestions :

-Could you add some kind of option so I don’t have to click the option hide untrainable units/building for every town after I load my game. It really bugs me especially on larger maps (= lots of towns)

-maybe barbarian animals should become obsolete and be removed from the map when the first player reaches a specific tech. Its really enjoying having sea animals attack iron ships.

-this might not be possible but I was wondering if a slider could be added during game setup. The slider would add or remove the number of players in game.

Is it possible to order a group of units to attack the same tile/town without me giving the same order for every unit? If not would be nice if this could be added.

That’s it

Greets

Nano

Ps : keep up you good work C2C team.

-Could you add some kind of option so I don’t have to click the option hide untrainable units/building for every town after I load my game. It really bugs me especially on larger maps (= lots of towns)
It should use the respective BUG settings as default. If not, then that is a bug.

But it doesn't "stick" unless you save game twice in a row. Very annoying and has been going on for a Looong time now.

JosEPh

Is it possible to order a group of units to attack the same tile/town without me giving the same order for every unit? If not would be nice if this could be added.

This is in the core game, select the option for stack attacking and select all the units you want to attack, they will attack from best chance to win to worst chance and all attack, even if it is suicide, which is why I don't use that option.

-this might not be possible but I was wondering if a slider could be added during game setup. The slider would add or remove the number of players in game.
I'm not sure how you setup your games but if you're starting a 'custom game' (which you REALLY should be doing in C2C), you can select as many players as you like despite the default that comes up based on map size.

I really love the city screen build queue filter buttons, since they have been introduced it has been so much easier to pick out the buildings or units you want to queue up, or even find out which of a particular type of unit you are able to build (much easier to find a particular camel unit when it's only displaying mounted units and you've not got a bunch of missionaries and melee units visible and having to scroll through the entire selection!), which is invaluable.

Would it be possible to add one in the buildings category for "show only buildings that provide power"? (using the power symbol on the button, naturally :D ) I would find that really useful from industrial/modern era onwards.

I'm not sure how you setup your games but if you're starting a 'custom game' (which you REALLY should be doing in C2C), you can select as many players as you like despite the default that comes up based on map size.

Yes custom game it the way i play.
I just don't like to manually add more players especially when i want to add 30 or more players to my game.
Having an option or slider would make it less time consuming.

Is TheLopez still around sometime? his ressource Stockpiling mod could work well with electricity and units requiring ressources.

I am thinking of adding a "Trail Blazer" unit at Tracking which is an upgrade to and is similar to the Wanderer and move the scout and tracker to hunting. Does that that sound right?

I am thinking of adding a "Trail Blazer" unit at Tracking which is an upgrade to and is similar to the Wanderer and move the scout and tracker to hunting. Does that that sound right?

Aren't those a little close to each other? Hunting is only a few techs from Tracking.

Tracking -> Trapping -> Hunting

Yes custom game it the way i play.
I just don't like to manually add more players especially when i want to add 30 or more players to my game.
Having an option or slider would make it less time consuming.

Thing is, that'd be a lot of programming and effort to set up a solution to a fairly minor nuisance and completely bug-free current methodology. Frankly, I believe we have a lot more super-cool things to develop on our outlook at the moment. Maybe in a late polish stage of development it'd be appropriate to revisit this sort of thing. It will become more useful as the maps become more and more permissive of extreme size. Easier still, especially for now, would be to set a higher default # of players by map size to start with. I think this mod could use it a bit anyhow.

I've been playing with v23, and it feels to me like the Bourgeois civic appears too early. Right now it activates with Aristocracy, when historically the aristocracy was opposed to the middle-class. My suggestion would be to have Bourgeois be activated by Liberalism - the latter was the dominant ideology of the former, and would represent the historical rise of the middle-class in the late-renaissance/industrial eras, as opposed to the classical era.

Merge TheLopez TechEditor with C2C

Can we have this added to C2C?
When I put it in the mod folder it tries to replace CivGameCore.DLL and I know if i do it will break the mod. This will help me create Techs like 10x faster, and no xml errors.

I think all it needs is to add the new code from the TechEditor's DLL to our own DLL and the code for the TechEditor python files to our own python files.

I going to look to see if i can do it myself but i have no experience in this.

I hope we can make this TechEditor standard in C2C..(like mapmakers are standard in every RTS game)

The released downloadable Tech Tree Editor only allows updating of the standard
values for Warlords or vanilla Civ4. If you want it to edit a custom tag
developed by a modder you will need to merge that mod with the Tech Tree Editor.
To do this you will need to merge the SDK and python files from the other mod
with the Tech Tree Editor SDK and python files.

@strattegyonly
if your using thelopez techeditor may i have a copy please?
u can use anonfiles.com to upload it..

Merge TheLopez TechEditor with C2C

Can we have this added to C2C?
When I put it in the mod folder it tries to replace CivGameCore.DLL and I know if i do it will break the mod. This will help me create Techs like 10x faster, and no xml errors.

I think all it needs is to add the new code from the TechEditor's DLL to our own DLL and the code for the TechEditor python files to our own python files.

I going to look to see if i can do it myself but i have no experience in this.

I hope we can make this TechEditor standard in C2C..(like mapmakers are standard in every RTS game)

@strattegyonly
if your using thelopez techeditor may i have a copy please?
u can use anonfiles.com to upload it..

When he built that it was 2008 maybe sooner i believe which then was 3.13 or something like that, then it went to 3.19 and it hasn't been updated since, i talked with him when he first came back from a 4 years hyhaitus then was only back for like 2 months and now has left over a year ago already again.

So it need a TON of python and SVN to be even close to having it work.

Top Bottom