Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Didn't know where else to post this and I didn't think it needed an new thread.

@Anyone with more knowledge than I ;)

Is it possible to use the flags made up for cultures (that aren't civs already) as FLAG_DECALs in the WBS?

My biggest issue is the fact that alliances/open borders are completely disabled for a very long time, if one plays from preistoric/eternity . It's verry strange and annoyng and totally unrealistic when friendly civs can ask me to start a war against someone that's atacking them and I want to help but...I can't help their besieged cities bc open borders is not possible...seriously I know some about ancient history and I know tribes did made alliances and went to war togheter ,wether they knew writting or not. Ever heard of body language ? Or common sense/interests....

Play as a minor civilization. Then you will be at war with everyone. ;)

Maybe this will spark an idea or two: 4000 years of relative power of contemporary states, nations and empires.

http://blog.encyclopediavirginia.org/files/2012/03/Sparks1931.jpg

EDIT - Earth, Life and Mankind for 10000 Million Years: http://web.archive.org/web/20071120030059/http://www.lessthanevolved.com/histomap.jpg

Meh. These things are fun to look at, but are in no way a reliable or accurate source of information--besides being decent primary sources for a remarkably Western-Centric world-view from the early-mid 1900s.

I have a 15 page timeline of the world presumably created by the same person/group (identical art style), and it literally starts with Adam and Eve. African, Indian and Asian kingdoms don't even appear for the first 8,000 years of human history. Meanwhile, it quite carefully recounts all of the mythic kingdoms of the Celts, for which little if any historical evidence exists.

If what you are getting at is a visual of the waxing and waning of empires, then, yes! That's why these graphs are fun to look at. It would be great if that is what the relative power graph looked like on a regular basis.

The spy promotion - never reveal nationality, why is it I sometimes they still get revealed? Getting caught I can handle, but I specifically only sent spies with that promotion, yet some still revealed they were mine.

You can assign that bug to me in the tracker. I'll just need a reminder when I'm go to work on some spy issues soon. Should be an easy fix I think.

I noticed it is quite difficult to acquire power buildings in the industrial era, but I like that concept..
Although I think there is a problem past that era. The opposite effect happening to the point where you have duplicate buildings which like Wave farm and tidal farms that are practically the same and give power. Maybe some buildings that provide should be removed or am i missing something?
Keep up the fine work! :goodjob:

what about adding a small mentainance cost(besed on some parameters like size...) to all buildings(there are some that allready have this) in order to simulate maintenance.but on the same time give a small gold bonus to every service or any building that gets taxed like market but with parameters(if you have this tech +1 gold ,if this +1) in order to represent building mentanance and taxation

A friend has been playing this a lot more than I have. She offered some feedback:

First of all, a "ensure at least one of every resource" switch would be -really-, -really- awesome. Last game I had planetary terraforming, and I still could make even a simple tattoo parlour, because I had no dye -anywhere- on the planet. And no sulphur, either. There really -has- to be a way to either force the game to have one of everything, or better ways at high tech levels to get missing stuff (like the seed deposit).

I asked if there wasn't something she could build to give dye - she said there wasn't. (I thought there was; maybe it's obsoleted?)

What mapscript is she using? Afaik some of them aren't fully compatible with the mod and all its content.

A Great Farmer can plant a dye resource of course, but I don't recall (been a while since I got far enough in a game to make one) if you needed to have the resource already to plant it on a new tile.

What mapscript is she using? Afaik some of them aren't fully compatible with the mod and all its content.

A Great Farmer can plant a dye resource of course, but I don't recall (been a while since I got far enough in a game to make one) if you needed to have the resource already to plant it on a new tile.

Yes... its required to have a resource that you want to 'plant' with a GF.

@Koshling/AIAndy:

With that recent change to the SVN about AI and stuff, the AI is using the promotion AGAIN for against the Barbarians , nice.;)

@HX:

That last change to the Crime buildings finally did do it, its building Bandit Footpads again, YEAH!!:whew:

I just put them both here rather that separate posts, makes it alot easier for everyone to see. Many Many thx guys.:goodjob:

But what about thieves, rogues, or ambushers?

I still contend that Bandit's Hideout should not be disabled with Conscription, Standing Army or Vassalage. Otherwise we are restricting these units to the Preh era and maybe early Ancient. But as soon as the AI changes from the military Civic banditry they are done. This isn't right.

JosEPh

This is just throwing an idea out there (no idea whether it's even remotely feasible or not) but could the barbarian states be used for that when the diplomacy stuff gets implemented? As in, if you had good relations with them you could use them to hire mercenaries (and the bandit line of units).

This is just throwing an idea out there (no idea whether it's even remotely feasible or not) but could the barbarian states be used for that when the diplomacy stuff gets implemented? As in, if you had good relations with them you could use them to hire mercenaries (and the bandit line of units).

May be part of the plan. Or at least in the second implementation. There is only one thing you can do at the moment (not released yet) and that is "give them money". What they then do ranges from killing the messenger to joining your nation. Similarly for the Indigenous People at the moment you can praise them (give them money) or assimilate them. Both affect your relations with all IP including those that have moved into your cities. What happens then is handled by the Event system.

Hello. I just played a little on the latest SVN. I play on deity and it feels that the AI is right now somewhere prince-emperor level. Has there been any changes to some essential game mechanics? I've not researched sedentary lifestyle yet but I'm already dominating technologically. I'll be soon having my fourth city and the other CIVs are still a few techs from tribalism. I also managed to found shamanism which has never happened on a deity game before. Didn't even have to rush it that much, it just was there for grabs. Also it seems that the AI doesn't have as many units hunting as in the games before. Deity has been a bit too easy for me even before after a certain point (around reneissance) but never like this. Attached is a savegame if anybody is interested

Attachments

• dominating.CivBeyondSwordSave
    662 KB · Views: 56
Hello. I just played a little on the latest SVN. I play on deity and it feels that the AI is right now somewhere prince-emperor level. Has there been any changes to some essential game mechanics? I've not researched sedentary lifestyle yet but I'm already dominating technologically. I'll be soon having my fourth city and the other CIVs are still a few techs from tribalism. I also managed to found shamanism which has never happened on a deity game before. Didn't even have to rush it that much, it just was there for grabs. Also it seems that the AI doesn't have as many units hunting as in the games before. Deity has been a bit too easy for me even before after a certain point (around reneissance) but never like this. Attached is a savegame if anybody is interested

What svn rev did you start on?

Why don't the AI ever build that early wonder that gives +1 happy +1 health +1 xp (+50% build speed with cow etc) forget the name. Is this a symptom of not getting herds?

Why don't the AI ever build that early wonder that gives +1 happy +1 health +1 xp (+50% build speed with cow etc) forget the name. Is this a symptom of not getting herds?

Bull leaping? What makes you think it doesn't? (it's a national wonder)

Top Bottom