Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Or do you mean for people making a scenario starting in a latter era? In which case I think the buildings are assigned based on the FreeEra tag already. We just have not defined very many.
The new World Builder has a nice feature that lets you define the buildings you want in one city and then copy it to all others.

Then my original answer still stands - no, except for scenario building.

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I know that manually building it won't work, my question was really can the new WB setup be automated by other code, this reducing the work needed to make an era start mechanism?

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I know that manually building it won't work, my question was really can the new WB setup be automated by other code, this reducing the work needed to make an era start mechanism?
No, it would not reduce work at all.

In my current game I succeeded to research the full tech tree. In the end research times become crazily long (more than 100 turns even with an absolutely full developped empire) but I could shorten this by saving my wonders that provide a free tech until late.

But now I develop "Analyze Strings" which are the Future Techs that can be researched endlessly often. They do provide one :health: and one :) . I´d love to see if they also would provide -5 crime and -5 air pollution each. This would give an incentive to push the research while waiting for the space ship to arrive. Other properties could be affected, too, of course...

In my current game I succeeded to research the full tech tree. In the end research times become crazily long (more than 100 turns even with an absolutely full developped empire) but I could shorten this by saving my wonders that provide a free tech until late.

But now I develop "Analyze Strings" which are the Future Techs that can be researched endlessly often. They do provide one :health: and one :) . I´d love to see if they also would provide -5 crime and -5 air pollution each. This would give an incentive to push the research while waiting for the space ship to arrive. Other properties could be affected, too, of course...

Good to know. What speed are you playing?

Decided to start a game back in late December on Largest/slowest setting just to see if I could get through the tech tree. Toward late Transhuman era now. Doing it on Settler for lol's (popped 150 tribes from huts). Have 515 cities now. 1.2 mil research a turn at turn 1040. only thing that sucks besides the 20 min turn times is the 100+ turn build time for the ITER (prereq. for Fusion Plant) in a capital with 6000 production a turn i.e. size 150 with every possible production building/wonder w/unlimited wonders. Note that this game was started with the nasty global warming stuff not in the svn, which I haven't updated while playing. I am sure everything would be desert otherwise haha.

Decided to start a game back in late December on Largest/slowest setting just to see if I could get through the tech tree. Toward late Transhuman era now. Doing it on Settler for lol's (popped 150 tribes from huts). Have 515 cities now. 1.2 mil research a turn at turn 1040. only thing that sucks besides the 20 min turn times is the 100+ turn build time for the ITER (prereq. for Fusion Plant) in a capital with 6000 production a turn i.e. size 150 with every possible production building/wonder w/unlimited wonders. Note that this game was started with the nasty global warming stuff not in the svn, which I haven't updated while playing. I am sure everything would be desert otherwise haha.

Yeah, things are a bit wonky that late in the game. Starting on settler probably also wasn't a very good idea either.

Yeah, things are a bit wonky that late in the game. Starting on settler probably also wasn't a very good idea either.

But if it is taking that long on settler, allowing way bigger cities and empires due to less :yuck: :mad: and better rev index, and by that the way bigger production and research... how long wouldit take let´s say on emperor? :D

But if it is taking that long on settler, allowing way bigger cities and empires due to less :yuck: :mad: and better rev index, and by that the way bigger production and research... how long wouldit take let´s say on emperor? :D

Much more, mainly because I have changed tech scaling since V28 and you won't be getting 150 cities in the Prehistoric era.

Suggestion: when a nation becomes a vassal or a new colony is formed that vassal (or colony) should get a mini golden age if 2 turns so that they can change their civics and then their religion.

Currently they can spend 1000's of turns in anarchy after they come into existence because they have to change their civics from the base civics to what ever their favorite ones would be. This is crippling them.

The two turn golden age is the simplest way I could think of to solve the problem.

I have never been able to change both a religion and a civic in the same turn.

What is the possibility of making resources a discoverable terrain feature? I do not feel that just because you have researched a tech, that all the resources it reveals should show up everywhere on the map. It should reveal only within visual range of units or borders. You should not know about a source of Grapes 1,000 miles away until you go there and see them.

Now that there is a North and a South America culture, how about a Central America? Put the Caribbean cultures, Pirate, Cuba, Hatti, Carib, and such in there with Mexico, Aztec, Maya.

Hey you guys as you all know by now, today is April 1st and so I have an idea/suggestion that is kinda in that spirit and kinda not.

So basically the idea derived from the desease a lot of (strategy) game players face: a lot of hardening of muscles and other computer related need for workout. On the other hand most of us are very unlucky as they can't give in and finally surrender to appreciate the fantastic console dance games and their deepsh.t music that help so many people to stay fit ;)

So what about having a strategy "dance" game for us unfortunate ones?

Imagine this: your computer is connected to your large TV via HDMI but instead of sitting in front of that with a mouse and keyboard, you install a motion sensor on top your TV and while standing in front of it you can use your hands and feet to zoom in/move map, open menus and stuff or for example use a a foot kick towards the buttons on the bottom of the screen to give a fortify order
or running slowly idle to tell a unit to move
(as a special handicap you might need to have a faster pace of your running idle to get your horse units moving - in fact gangnam style might be neccessary^^
Or you want your Worker to build a farm/street? Shovel yourself then he'll do too!!))
or simply kick "end turn"

I guess all it needs to work is a implementation of additional "mouse pointer slots" (1 mouse for for each limb used) that work independently from each other and so they dont interfere but can be "combined" for certain actions (like two arms doing a circling in same direction or two arms circling in different directions which could mean "select/group all units of this type" and "select all units"
Although motion sensors systems are already out there which can translate the different fingers into different "mouses" (saw a youtube video about that), there could be a slight adaption for the civ uses needed, as I said the mouse pointer slots. And for usage of feet there would be needed a larger projection space which isnt available yet if you dont have a disco danceflor coneccted to your PC ;)

Anyway, happy easter and realize that sh.t will ya I would love to play (and even pay! for) it (although as prophet i liked to get it freely)^^

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 239
Basically Dance, Dance CivRevolution right? LOL All we need is a wii remote, a kinect, and a Leap motion hack. :)

Top Bottom