1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

Can't seem to be able to add the ultimate unqiue unbeliable ulatra pack and combined forces mod to c2c. Is there an easy instructions or possiably get a designer to add them when putting out the next version. :rudolf:

2. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Chieftain

This would be a very cool idea for alt timelines.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thats because they are not built on the BUG/WoC like C2C is.

4. strategyonly

Can someone refresh my memory on buildings UNhappiness, PLEASE!!

I have a new city only size 2 (see pic) it has no buildings (except Barter) that has a :mad:
    But i am getting penalized for 8 UNhappeness because it says it has a Crucf and Counter Hut, which i do not, they have NOT been built yet, or do the other cities have effects that go to this city also, then if so, why do WE build them for each city and not have them like the Barter one:confused:

5. FrankCastle-

FrankCastle- Chieftain

6. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

I am also noticing buildings such as Stele, the upgrade for monument, gives happiness AND unhappyness at the say time? And it is not all the time, I do not know what the circumstances are, sometimes the mouse over says just happiness, sometimes both.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The ones shown at the bottom of the list are the ones you **could** build to modify happiness, not the ones you have now. Look in the 'special' tab - I bet it's crime.

8. strategyonly

Crap, i always forget about that, disease and flammability etc :blush:

9. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

Not sure if it is doable but how about being able to buy a one time use transport ship in a friendly city? It is just like hiring local transport for your troops. once you offload, or enter another port, the ship disappears.

10. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Chieftain

Idea. Resources (metals and minerals) in the ocean (underwater). The idea is based on the fact that at a late stage of the game I once faced with the absence of copper, uranium and iron on the map or in the vicinity (I owned up to two thirds of the world).

11. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

To StrategyOnly, Koshling and other involved Modders:

Recently I came up with some new ideas that I would like to mention, they come in a block. It would be great to hear your opinions:

1) Advanced Raze.

I would like to suggest eliminating the keep-or-raze option. Instead I suggest a special button (accessible to units stronger than 3 lvl) to raze, which will:
    a) Destroy one captive in the same tile, or
    b) Destroy one population in the city
    c) 35% chance to gain (-1) in the relationship with <...>
    d) 50% chance to gain War Criminal promotion.

In that way there will be no longer possible to raze a 10 city in one turn. It should take time.

2) War criminal promotion:
    a) +10/turn crime (tile/city)
    b) +25% against melee, archers, recon, etc.
    c) Grants (-1) to the relationship with <...> for each unit with this promotion (that should encourage the dilemma for the player, whether to disband or keep this type of elite units at the cost of the relationship penalty with the neighbor).
    d) +20% chance to generate AI-Controlled Migrant upon attacking enemy city.

3) AI-Controlled Migrant:
    This should emerge the same way as Emergency draft when the city is under attack, upon some chance, under each attack to the city, and should try to flee in the uncontrollable way to the nearest friendly city, including allies' one, and automatically add itself to that city or automatically create Humanitarian Camp in that city (-4 food +2 unhealthy +2 unhappy or something). That might give flavor.

4) Advanced captives:
    4.1. I would like to suggest disabling the disband button for all captive units.
    4.2. Adding to city should also add the corresponding percentage of the rival culture. That might be static (8%) or dynamic depending on city size. Now imagine the drawback of adding 3 captives to the small city...
    4.3. Add Diplomacy option, valued by AI, the same way as "Liberate city <...>". Liberate captive <...>. The Liberate Captive <...> might have +40% of (+1) to relationship with <...>.
    4.4. Chance to become captive upon battle loss: The greener the greater, by the formula, where Chance = (100 - UnitExperience*2). This way we see that veterans (50 exp and above) never surrender and all the green military units and civilians (that naturally almost usually lack experience, such as caravans, workers etc.) will tend to surrender to enemy.

5) The Simon Wiesenthal Center national wonder that will destroy all units in the world with War Criminal promotion upon completion.

6) (Optional) AI-controlled State under Republic and Federal.
    I remember the "turn AI play" option... What if we introduce AI-controlled building queues in all cities and the Civ-3 like "Senate overrun your decision" for declaring war to a friendly/neutral player under Republic and Federal civics? Just to show the lesser control possible over democracy, and to push the players into despotisms, juntas and monarchies.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

@Ag0range

1) is under discussion but not formal discussion at the moment:D. These ideas are interesting.

War Criminal is a modern concept which may need to be added to a proposed World View - Geneva Conventions on War. Which will be an upgrade to the World View - Grand War Conventions of the Napoleonic Era and the World View - Feudal War Conventions of an earlier period.

3) Already under consideration not as Immigrants but as Refugees. They will try and flee to other cities of their nation or failing that a near by neutral state.

4) Interesting ideas.
    4.1 I don't think you can disable the disband button on units.
    4.2 Will require the the original nation's details to be stored with the unit.
    4.3 That is part of StolenRays' mod that we are looking at sometime in the future. Not only liberate but prisoner exchange at the end of the war.

13. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

At what point is a barbarian city supposed to convert to a minor civ? I have set it in the BUG mod as population 2, but I see several pop 3 barbarian cities. I have reached the 50 civ limit, but many of them are dead. Are they not supposed to come back?

I would like to see a tab in the Domestic Adviser to allow me to see how many settled captive/slaves I have in a city for each slave compound, food, production, etc. I have to check each city one at a time to see where I want to send my new captives and it would be easier to have it all on one page.

Along with the caps on XP for animals and barbarians, there needs to be a cap on XP from pillaging. Barbarians are spamming roads all over, I just send some units in and pillage all those roads. Even with dynamic XP I have gained 200+xp just from burning roads.

14. Il Principe

Il Principe Chieftain

I noticed: All heroes are land units.
    Why not make some of them ships for more diversity?

15. strategyonly

Examples of Heroes, other than land are???

Also to python or someone that knows this:

How do i change this .py file so it can be saved normally, it comebacks as a NON-file that can't be saved?? (see attached)

16. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Chieftain

The Red Baron (Pilot), Admiral Yi Sun-Shin (Naval)

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You have 'save as type' selected as .txt. Change it to .py

18. strategyonly

nvrdmd, all i needed to do was take it OUT of the C2C folder and place it on the desktop, then save it.

19. Il Principe

Il Principe Chieftain

Vasco da Gama could be a naval hero too.

And we could add others. History is full of admirals and explorers one could use as naval heroes.
    Cook, Nelson, Yamamoto, Nimitz come to mind here without even going to look.

20. strategyonly

Whom ever changed the Production Info to use the CTRL, can WE pls use this as a DEFAULT be ON, then if you dont like it there , then they player can change if, but i use the Prod Info all the time to see what the info is and how many turns is needed to being built, and i would HATE to use the CTRL ALL the time just to see this, not good, IMPO.

EDIT: Infact i want it as to see the Prod Info, that CTRL is just too much pls change it to see it thx.

EDIT EDIT: I just looked and if you are trying to save space, heck its longer for the CTRL for Prod Info, that line is 2 line, but if (well we will convert it back) takes only 1.