1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I know that trading tech for money eliminates almost all money problems starting at the time you can trade money and techs. But how do you manage to emphasize with all AI? In Industrial Age, almost all of the other civs hate me, 1 or 2 love me at most. And there are mostly a handfull of runaway civs (all warmongers) and several 1 City nations that have a city on an island and are (were) therefore unattackable.

2. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

Yeah money balancing seems complex. The swimming in money due to relegion thing for example would also depend on wether you chose to have religious buildings only function if they belong to the state religion.
    Apart from loosing the individual boni from temples and such, their great prophet builings alone make a big chunk of mony.

About relationship modifiers: Are the religion ones dependent on civics?
    What I mean is: Does a Civ running a state church value your reigious choices ore then a free church or secular one?

3. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

I would like to know too. They constantly are pissed of because I have no intention in meddling with all their pointless wars. Especially those on islands that can´t even reach their enemy because they have no oceangoing ships yet and only know their enemy through me or one of the other 2 nations with the tech. ( There is a 3rd around our tech level, but that one seems to have other priorities).
    I usually try to concentrate on keeping a few happy. Usually one of them is big and my neighbor.

4. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One. And many.

I have a question about nuclear winters. In Vanilla Civ, atomic warfare is just another part of global warming and global warming can be shut off in the globaldefines-file.
    Now it seems that that in C2C there is a separate mechanism for nuclear warfare - namely nuclear winter - which has similar effects as global warming.
    I like my global warming shut off and am now wondering how I can shut off nuclear winters as well?

5. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

We can get nuclear winters? I never knew. The last time I used nukes was in a vanilla game against my brother years ago so it is no wonder I didn´t see any winters,but still, nice to know.

6. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Check this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=471863

7. n47

n47 Prince

8. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

I feel that culture should last in a city even through a barbarian occupation.

I captured the only city on the map that had South American culture. I then built several of the other cultures that need SA. Then the barbarians captured that city. Even though I took it back the very next turn, that SA culture was gone, which disabled all the other cultures that I had built that needed it.

9. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The critical point for me is if you automate Workers. They build the newest road type without considering if you have enough money (even automated Workboats build tunnels randomly). You can be ruined very quickly if the costs are so high.

10. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

Good point. I never automate them, but fort hose who do it might be nasty.

11. Terxpahseyton

So in the global defines I found <DefineName>NUKE_FALLOUT_PROB</DefineName> and set it also to zero (was 50 previously). Didn't do a thing though.
    Any help? Really annoys me.

12. n47

n47 Prince

Actually, really annoys me thinking "I should be able to use nukes, without any negative consequences". For God's sake, this is a simulator of reality, not Dragon Ball.

13. Terxpahseyton

A simulator of reality? That is plain and simple ridiculous. It is nothing but a game with some historic flavor and has as much to do with reality as Kellog's Frosted Flakes with Tigers who wear scarfs. And on account of being a game, it is meant to be fun.
    Certainly didn't teach you anything worthwhile about reality if you think otherwise.

Now, surely there must be an easy fix for my issue? Still waiting. :please:

14. n47

n47 Prince

But you are wrong! Can't you see your units dying in agony when your opponent run them over with tanks? Can't you hear cry of babies over their mothers buried alive with their houses after you raze a city?

Ok, maybe not. But indeed it is a simulator. "Little" poor in details simulator, but still a simulator. So I will say the same as I said about the-volcano-appearing-out-of-nowhere-next-to-an-important-source-of-resources-and-destroying-access-to-it request. Life isn't a bad of roses. This is how it could go in the reality, so I do not see, why it should be different here.

But I am actually no one important here. So maybe some other modders will help you. Still I personally am a big anti-fan to the "American style" of doing games. -- Do it worthless, but until players have fun, everything is ok. -- Totally out of my attitude. :nope: Especially as the old games were made as the exact inverse and they were quite superior to what we get now with such approach.

15. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

It's not worth arguing over. He wants to play it one way and you another. Personally, I don't see any difference between his desired 'fantasy' and that of the included 'punk' tech/wonders or unrealistic beast riders.

16. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

One thing that bugs me about the prehistoric era is the use of gold as a currency. I don't believe this is historically accurate. Anyone know if there is a mechanic that can change this? I believe ochre was of high value to prehistoric people. It would be interesting to know if gold could be replaced with something along those lines.

17. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

I do see quite a difference :D
    If there was a a cyberpunk building/unit/wonder eliminating fallout I might use it, an option to turn it off.. no.

But I agree with you, that if he wants to turn it off, let him.

18. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

If you want to use an Installer for version 33, use Nullsoft, its fast,free, and easy, I will use it for other projects. You can even convert 1 zip into an installer. It cuts the size of the package about 40%.

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

19. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

Well the button icon is a symbolism of finance, not just gold. The button can be edited real easy, but its not worth it, its just a symbol.

20. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

That would be cool, but I think you'd need to figure out the exact steps and post instructions for SO. Perhaps his time a proof-of-concept would be good - once SO releases V33 you could have a go at making an installer and make hat available as an example - I'm sure uptake of that would spur SO's interest!