1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

Instead of making rivers impassable (I know this would cause a lot of grief to many players), how about something as simple as units taking damage when crossing rivers? It would cause players to think twice about doing it.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There's a mod we always wanted to merge in that puts rivers in the middle of the tile. That would be a far more effective method of adding such a consideration and is part of the long term c2c plan. So just adding such a river effect now would be ineffective in the long term anyhow.

3. n47

n47 Prince

If you do something like that, there is a small problem. You do not know on which side of the river the unit is, when it stands on a river plot. So all advanced river crossing systems could be in troubles. ;)

4. UncivilizedGuy

@n47: I don't see a problem with this. If you are on the river tile, then you would literally be on the river. You could treat it like an ocean tile and would need a boat to cross it.

@Thunderbrd: what are the chances of having a stickied thread about the future plans of C2C so that people don't make unnecessary suggestions?

5. UncivilizedGuy

I disagree with this statement. It's called gold ingame. Villagers give you gold, not some vague concept of currency. Why should currency exist before it's discovered? My wild idea is to remove the gold cost of everything before discovering Currency. Building maintenance should be based on population or local resources. This may not be practical in practice but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

6. n47

n47 Prince

Oh, such way. But don't you think it will consume too much space, if whole tile will be reserved for river?

Good idea. :)

7. UncivilizedGuy

This is obviously the trade off. I'm not sure I would want see this either. I am taking into account the size of the map. Resources could also be placed on river tiles.

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

There's a whole thread on this somewhere (within the C2C forums) with lots of debate on the pros and cons. If you're interested I suggest you search a bit.

9. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

Looks like we are quite popular today. :)

10. n47

n47 Prince

Oh, someone lost connection 1000 times today.

11. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

Baker Street gives the free promotion Security 2. Should that not be Security 1, or both 1 and 2?

Where is the building file for the Nemo Academy? I looked in every folder and cannot seem to find it.

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

Security II presumably includes Security I, considering that the C2C promotions (or at least their icons) stack on top of each other.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If someone wants to try to compile one... by all means go for it.

But I don't mind addressing such not-so unnecessary suggestions repeatedly. It helps us to keep a bead on popular ideas, to consider our priorities, and to get us to think, rethink, and overthink all those plans long before we start even really working on them which always helps to plan the task in a bit more astute manner.

14. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

Should the Ambusher have the tag "criminal"? It upgrades in the criminal line.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yes it does but I'm going to consider it a Strike Team unit. While its upgrade path intersects the criminal line through the Assassin, it's more akin to Snipers.

These chains are not fully developed yet I feel. Once I get to a point in my evaluations I'm going to start looking to plan some suggested units to flesh those out.

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@Hydro

What do you have that can combat Water/Air Pollution (see pic 1/2) i have all (well almost) the buildings so far and this is still were it remains??

17. n47

n47 Prince

18. bob1

bob1 Chieftain

Question: Can Ronald Reagan be added as a leader for the US?

Just going off his track record I think one of his traits should be "Financial" based on the facts given here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011/05/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/

As for the other positive trait I'm thinking "Industrious" or "Politician"

As far as negative traits go possibly "Populist" would work best, based on his winning the highest number of electoral votes in a US Presidential election in 1984.

19. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

XML Modders
    The easiest way to check if your code is correct is to copy and paste your code in the text box for XML Validator and hit the Validate button. A popup telling you the diagnosis will appear. Link below.
    http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

20. n47

n47 Prince

@MrAzure, if Nimek would agree, we can do a validator checking not only syntax, but also matching xml files against the schemas as a part of the mass xml manager.