1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I made a thread awhile back that outlined ways we could keep each era interesting.

Keeping the Game Challenging
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=477893

However I recall Joe criticizing it because it forced the player to play a certain way. However I think that if it was general enough that they could just make the era more rich and be a possible thing to happen during that era.

2. Baradar67

Baradar67 Chieftain

Has anyone ever looked at using worker units to add to city construction?

I sometimes have worker units sitting around doing nothing and if they even added just 1 extra hammer while sitting on a city I would feel this would be a great addition.

For new cities you could not only get all their plots worked quickly by a horde of workers but they could then sit there on the city and help build the first bunch of buildings.

This would be especially useful before hurrying production with gold comes into play.

Thoughts?

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I've often thought about this but I've never done anything with it... mostly not enough time in a week to be whimsical about which project I'm working on - need to stay the course to achieve my goals. But I've also worried about game imbalance... if you simply build a LOT of workers you could end up with a LOT of production... could become a positive feedback wave that would lead to nearly infinite power.

4. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Too easy to exploit.
    In that case workers should cost population but than new AI unit type is needed.

5. Baradar67

Baradar67 Chieftain

Yeah, it probably would.

But.

If we were to add this then we could use the method where units cost more to build for each one already in the game. You could also put a limit on the number of worker units (3-5 per city sound about right to me or use the same total as per number of cities).

Mind you, being able to convert water buffalo to buffalo workers (and the other animal conversions) would be more useful even though it costs a bucket.

Everything added to the game needs balancing. With the amount needed for construction now it may not be so bad.

Still, it was an idea.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not currently possible to limit units by number of cities. This would add a whole new concept. What happens when you loose a city do workers randomly die or do they convert to the new owner.

7. Addon

Addon Chieftain

Hello guys, I want to thank you for this mod. It's really awesome :bowdown:. I have a small question. Are you guys planing to add Bohemian/Czech/Czechoslovakian civ?

Keep up the good work and thank you again. ;)

8. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Ask strategyonly he is our new civs guy.

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thx for calling me "new" :old:

10. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

I've wondered for a while why don't we have Great Administrator, Great Statesman, and Great Ambassador .

Great Administrator = mayor, governor. He/she would lower air and water pollution. Basically a city planner that represents the beautification, pollution control, and tourism of a city.

Great Statesman will lower war weariness. A politican that is good at keeping the public happy and public propaganda. Has the ear of the people.

Great Ambassador helps improve foreign relations.

I think we need an Ambassador unit that is an upgrade of Storyteller line that can improve diplomacy if in a foreign city. If killed, you get reduced war weariness since your people are outraged that it got killed.

11. n47

n47 Prince

And I've wondered for a while why don't we have Great Rat Catcher.

But OK, maybe Great Administrator wouldn't be the worst idea, but I personally can't recall any "administrator" whose work would be significant enough to call him great.

12. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

It's also about fair taxes, lowering unemployment, making their city the science, architecture, trade or cultural center of the world.

There's a few I can think off:
    Nebuchadnezzar (rebuilt Babylon)
    Servius Tullius
    Pericles (Athens refortification, relieved unemployment)
    Alexander (Alexandria)
    Appius Cladius (the Via Appia is named after him)
    Poletemy II
    Seleucus I (Mitetus)
    Shih Hauang-ti
    Nabis
    Hannibal
    Wu Ti
    Tiberius Gracchus
    Aggripa
    Caligula (just kidding, he was the worst administrator ever)
    Trajan
    Hadrian
    Antotinus

This are just a few before 140 A. D, there are quite a bit in Renaissance Era.

13. n47

n47 Prince

I think others should also say few words about it. If you can build big enough list of those guys, then it may be reasonable IMO. But take in consideration some of them are mainly known from their war achievements. I would barely stand seeing Hannibal or Alexander as administrators and not as generals.

14. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

Of course, if they are previously used as other Greats they won't be used for Great Administrator . I think Dancing Hoskuld is in charge of great people.
    A list becomes easier once we list administrators after Medieval.

15. strategyonly

Would ANYONE object to me RAISING the events per era to DOUBLE what they are now??

16. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

I wouldn't object.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I don't know if I have asked this before but can a technology provide a one off adjustment to city properties? I was thinking that both Conduct, Scriptures and Code of Laws should provide a small one off reduction in crime perhaps at the cost of a temporary bit of unhappiness.

18. strategyonly

I am presently working on some events that take away crime and stuff, but its a long procedure to get stuff made up just right for C2C, as you know, C2C, is a completely different MONSTER to change things around or to try stuff out.

19. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

@MrAzure

I think Great Statesman could cover this three functions. We should have it now but DH never completed import from other mod :(

20. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

Absolutely agree. Is there code for Great Statesman already?