Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I was referring to hunting. DH has something of a point as to one way to do it but I'd rather implement a system of 'inventory' as a test run for other 'inventories' such as equipment inventories and Stories or Tales inventories for storytellers. Actually... equipment will probably be the first sort I'll work with.

You were planning to implement it- what, four versions ago? I'm not trying to offend or anything- in fact I admire the immense amount of progress made on the mod- but do you anticipate it will be in for v34? And what about that distance limitation concept for units we discussed?

You could help with the combat mod. There is a lot of planning going on which requires no modding skills at all. For example, redoing Firststrikes has been discussed and should be split in 2 or 3 different effects. Caputuring Slaves should be worked on with units, promos, techs and civics increasing or decreasing the chance of capturing. Right now, a list is worked on that lists all units and the appropiated combatclasses they should have.

I'm sure, if you ask how you can help with it TB has numberous tasks for you to do that all will help him a lot!

What are penlites for multiple religions in it? I've had ~4 religions per city and I haven't seen anything significant.

The rev penalty for multiple religions is to do with holy cities. If you have a holy city that is not your state religion - they will want to become their own nation.

Religious trait has :mad: for multiple (non state) religions in city ;)

This what I will be working on when I get back to modding which should happen soonish. The bit I am working on will only affect the Prehistoric to early Classical eras. It should have little of no change to where you plant cities. The plan is that recon units can go the furthest, hunting units slightly less distance from your borders and all other units less far still. Having things like baskets and the trail style techs will increase the distance each unit can go. Worker units will be able to build a "grab resource" improvement which will claim a plot with a resource on it probably at twice the cost of building the equivalent improvement inside your borders.

This is almost already available. All you need is a bunch of unit with the correct food and hammer values. Then have them created instead of the subdued animal and make subdued animals also not transport. Not that that stopped the AI going round with large numbers of subdued units long distances and then eventually dropping them off. ;)

Sounds really fun!

hi i would like to try out the newest version but it seems to have download links (there is one with direct download but it need desura (as it says there are no mirrors, and i do not want desura) ) and the torrent links do not actualy link to a torrent file, but something with: "
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9AC72FF186F545472C48E6FFF5329B7CD21DC87C&dn=Caveman2Cosmos%20v33%20Setup.exe&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce
" => wich my browser (Opera) fails to know (even if it has built in torrent normaly)

Is the 3gb fix included with C2C guys? I read about it but I don't use it, thought I would ask. ;)

Caveman 2 Cosmos (installer) V33 here

Click the above link to download the current version that auto installs according to where you have installed Civ 4 with Caveman 2 Cosmos Mod. :D

Note: I don't use torrents myself never knew it was tied to torrents to be honest. ;)

i found that site (and by the way prefer the 7z version, i like to isntall normaly so i know what have been added)
but there are only two options if i see normaly:
Mirrors with a download now (the one worked on earlyer versions) => but it does not find a mirror
Desura => the one wich asks me to instal Desura, but i do not want Desura i would only like to download this mod :confused:
Am i missing a 3rd option on this page?

i found that site (and by the way prefer the 7z version, i like to isntall normaly so i know what have been added)
but there are only two options if i see normaly:
Mirrors with a download now (the one worked on earlyer versions) => but it does not find a mirror
Desura => the one wich asks me to instal Desura, but i do not want Desura i would only like to download this mod :confused:
Am i missing a 3rd option on this page?

Wrong page, try here and click the d/l, then about 3/4 of the ways down here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15324

You could help with the combat mod. There is a lot of planning going on which requires no modding skills at all. For example, redoing Firststrikes has been discussed and should be split in 2 or 3 different effects. Caputuring Slaves should be worked on with units, promos, techs and civics increasing or decreasing the chance of capturing. Right now, a list is worked on that lists all units and the appropiated combatclasses they should have.

I'm sure, if you ask how you can help with it TB has numberous tasks for you to do that all will help him a lot!

Yeah, I'll do something. I don't know what I can do.

You'd probably just have to follow our discussions for a while to see an opportunity. Check out the help wanted forum too and see if there's anything recently requested there that hasn't been answered to. As I recall there were a few...

What I'd ask with help on at this point would take as much time to explain and teach to do as it would to just do myself at the moment ;)

Wrong page, try here and click the d/l, then about 3/4 of the ways down here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15324
  1. i have been on that page,
  2. it has two links rigth there is a "Download File"
    and more down the page there is "[Download Caveman2Cosmos]"
    both link to "http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos"
  3. on that page there is a section:
    Latest Downloads
    i pick "Caveman2Cosmos v33 (.7z)"
  4. then it goes to a page with two options:
Mirrors [Download now]
=> saying:
The file you have selected (Caveman2Cosmos.7z) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.
Desura [Download on Desura]
=>saying:
Desura is a digital distribution app created by the Mod DB, which allows you to install and play mods with one click. So if you want to install Caveman2Cosmos and other great Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword mods like it, we recommend you give Desura a try, it is free to use and makes installing mods simple.

so where is the way to download it directly?

1. i have been on that page,
  2. it has two links rigth there is a "Download File"
    and more down the page there is "[Download Caveman2Cosmos]"
    both link to "http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos"
  3. on that page there is a section:
    Latest Downloads
    i pick "Caveman2Cosmos v33 (.7z)"
  4. then it goes to a page with two options:
Mirrors [Download now]
=> saying:

Desura [Download on Desura]
=>saying:

so where is the way to download it directly?

Click on Download Now, it should be a red button.

Click on Download Now, it should be a red button.
i tried, it says that the file is not available on any mirrors (i think it is lying to force people to register)
does that link works to anyone else?
can someone share the .torrent file?

Download Now works fine, I just tried it, I don't think there is a torrent file. I always go to Mod DB to download it, Desura doesn't work on hardly anything, no idea why they keep trying to shove it at members.

I registered there years ago cause all Mods for any game that has Mods are on there. Though it does not force you to register, works as quest! :p

I have bought Civ 4 at least 4x last time was to get it on steam lol

Good luck dude not sure what to tell you.

I am advertising Caveman 2 Cosmos v33 a bit guys on my front page I made a short article I hope it is okay? :D

yep with registration it worked, a shame tough that they force you (i assure without registration it kept saying there are no mirrors but if you register there might be)

I am wondering do we need some concepts list for ideas which we consider to implement and maybe also for those being currently implemented? Personally, I am starting to forget, what we've already talked about.

I mean something like this ... but possibly with little less horrible graphics. :) -- I've thought about voting to have some sense what is desired, not to necessarily choose what is on the top.

Attachments

• c2c-conceps-list.jpg
    c2c-conceps-list.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 316
There is also (mostly from me but I need some help)
- Advanced Great People
- Great Hunter
- Indigenous People from WLBO
- extended diplomacy with barbarians and other players using diplomats (extends the Indigenous People stuff)
- early restricted movement
- advanced start balancing​

Top Bottom