1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

1) Is that the original span of code or the adjusted one?
    2) What changes did you try to make - please point out the adjustments.
    3) Did you recompile the dll and use it to replace the one in the assets folder? Without a new dll, you won't affect any change in the game. This direct modding only works for python. All code files are compiled into the dll which translates the code to the computer processing in a far more efficient manner - saves the processing a lot of translation time - it's pre-translated from code we understand to code the computer understands. Python can be manipulated directly without any need to compile but this is also one big reason why it runs a bit slower.

4) Some testing of recent changes today also revealed an interesting situation taking place in the XP awarding code sequences that I wasn't quite able to sort out. But somehow it's considering the maximum xp award to be negative in many cases. So it's often defaulting to minimum. What this tells me is that the base underlying math is coming up incorrect somehow, perhaps because of odds that are beyond 100% in favor of the victor already.

2. Antaryon

Antaryon Chieftain

This is the original code, but you can check yourself in the cvunit.cpp.

As I've said, I tried deleting the whole thing and other changes wich would give 0 and 1 XP back in every situation, but since I didn't recompile it to a dll it didn't take effect, that was my guess also, but I never used c++ before only simple html, php and pascal back in high school so i didn't knew how does it worked.

So I leave in your obviously more capable hands and patientily wait until the next release of C2C until then I'll play without Dynamic XP, because that at least stop XP gain from barbarians at a point :)

3. Draakon

Draakon Chieftain

How do I WorldEdit out a Volcano? There's this volcano that constantly keeps spewing out lava and destroying my improvements. I already tried using the eraser tool but it just returned back. And that thing has been going on since 2000 BC and its 1400 BC now.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You also need to turn off the volcano events. They are defined in Assets/Modules/Ori/Events. You need to set the probability to zero to stop the event completely.

We are investigating why some volcanoes just continually erupt.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i believe what we have is OK, because if you look at the timelines, i believe they are pretty close, again, its just an ingame annoyance i believe:dunno:

6. Draakon

Draakon Chieftain

How do I completely turn off Volcano system though, if it's possible that is? I'm not sure what files to edit on the above mentioned directory.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have no idea either. Try, in ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.XML for each of the volcano events
    • EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_DORMANT
    • EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_NEW
    • EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_DORMANT
    • EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_ACTIVE

replace
    Code:
    			<bRecurring>1</bRecurring>

with
    Code:
    			<bRecurring>0</bRecurring>

that should mean that each event only occurs once. That way volcanoes should only become dormant and extinct. If they don't please tell us as it will point to the problem we are trying to solve and do the above for the other two volcano events.

You can just use Notepad or similar to do this.

8. strategyonly

Different question on this, i thought those <!-- where to bypass those lines there? But if you did that the way these are, wont it read like below (2nd one??

Code:
    <EventTriggerInfo>
    			<Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_EXTINCT</Type>
    			<WorldNewsTexts/>
    [B]<!--				<Text>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ACTIVE</Text>
    			</WorldNewsTexts>
    -->			<TriggerTexts>[/B]
    				<TriggerText>

Code:
    <EventTriggerInfo>
    			<Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_EXTINCT</Type>
    			<WorldNewsTexts/>

<TriggerText>
    that means its reading wrong XML everywhere, or am i wrong here??

I think they have the <!-- and --> in the wrong spots??????

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

No that is in correct. It is only in lists that comments cause problems.

10. becoro

becoro Chieftain

hE GUYS, can you include Chile in your next version of the MOD? with General Pinochet :king:or some leader, i fact you include Mapuche culture (im so proud of you for that)

And Other idea, c2c units slated to apply the technique of legend of revolution so that the units have different appearance according to the countries. For example the German infantry would have to look like the Wehrmacht, which itself is present in the LOR.

Is it possible to apply the technique of mod legend of revolution?

would be fun, take the graphics from that mod, since it goes very consistent with the history of each nation, especially in Europe and Asia. That mixed with all its huge and wonderful job, would in my opinion, by far the best mod anyone who has ever done in the history of video games..:p

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We have an artist working on setting the stage for that sort of development on the team and we're VERY happy to have him! Thanks Sparth!

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

We don't tend to have exact matches between unit graphics and known civilizations because this mod is not about the civ you choose in the screen but how you take your tribe and develop it. You will get a unique look to your units based on your staring culture and there may be a unique unit for Chile which will look right.

13. strategyonly

Your wish is my demand . . . Happy Holidays!!!!:p;) Newest SVN have a look, thx . . . SO

14. becoro

becoro Chieftain

Thank you, and happy holydays.

I congratulate, your work is amazing; caveman2cosmos itself is as good as any work of Sid Meier.

They have demonstrated unsurpassed dedication.

what I like most is the temporal logic in the technological line.

and, I must say, the quotes.

when an elephant steps on the trap, no more trap.

jajajajaj is my favorite

15. becoro

becoro Chieftain

but where 's the fun then be a civilization or another they are equal to each other. It is also striking to see the appearance of a Teutonic knight and one French or English. For example Pickelhaube helmet , has a whole regarding the origins of the Germanic barbarians or a French rifleman history is apparently not the same as a Russian rifleman, even if they have identical characteristics in terms of their potential.

is a dimension . Certainly what makes a culture , a culture , is the fact that their uniforms , weapons or appearance is unique , so very humble way I make a statement that would be very cool that to manifest in this MOD. was a pity that LOR was not finished, and this "MOD " It has great features, and would be even better including that it is a simple external appearance , it is not necessary to only units (which would be exactly as you say , to terminate this MOD its originality ) , but simply give the appearance to each culture, and the good thing is that it is not difficult , commands, images and configurations are already present in other MOD 's is literally copying and pasting .

16. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Adding civ specifing units to mod has one big problem: XML coding. Is time consuming and our team is small.

Plus C2C also have much more units then any other mod for Civ4.

For now we working on basic ethnic group units (check this thread) . In long run I want to add more diversity look for some specific areas (Europe for sure too). But this will be ready in another few months. Not less.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@becoro, once we figure out how you will not be able to select a civilization at the start of the game. At worst you will select an "cultural group" based on geography and you will evolve your culture from there. So you won't be able to select Chile at the start but you may be able to grow your nation through the ages into something like Chile.

18. strategyonly

Yeah i cant wait for that to happen, that sounds great!!

19. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Just remove all civilizations from the game except one playable type and there is nothing to choose from?

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Could it be that simple? The problem then is how you change to another as you go. Start as South American then later become Inca and then later Chile, for example.