1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Interesting thing is that Chile not always be Chile in past, like Italy not always was Italy etc.

In global history there was many, many nations and empire which dont exist now. For example do modern Italy is direct descendant of Roman Empire? Do Chile is direct descendant of Incas Empire?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's where I'll come in with some code adjustments to make that possible.
    1) We will need a Culture civic category in which all cultures are reflected.

2) I'll change almost all definitions that pull from the 'civilization' object attached to the player to stem from the culture civic instead. This includes art definitions, flag, name dynamics and I believe some sound features as well. Anarchy times would be very large between culture changes ideally.

3) Then it's a matter of determining how you can gain access to selecting a Culture civic. Obviously, ownership of the Culture Wonder is one way but I'd like to see a more involved culture spread mechanism that is quite similar to the original but is not based on the presumption that the national 'civilization based' culture is automatically a unified whole. Thus, within one nation, many cultures may clash. I'd like to see it be really only possible to adopt a National Culture definition when that particular culture has reached a particular percentage average throughout your nation's cities. I'd say 'majority' but I'd rather see it be less than that to qualify to select a given national culture because it might be tough to really drive a culture to become a 'majority' throughout the country and it'd be nice to have more than one possible selection at a time.

4) I'd like to see cities themselves have an assigned culture based on whatever is MOST predominant in that particular city. In a perfect structure, the unit art defines will sub to the culture unitcombat that a unit picks up from the culture of the city in which the unit was trained. This then plays into a morale and loyalty system which makes your Adopted National Culture a very important decision for making sure you have the highest amount of unit loyalty possible - those units that differ in culture definition to your adopted national culture would not be nearly so loyal to you and may even revolt or defect to nations that have adopted their culture instead.

5) It'd also be cool if we could have a relationship meter between cultures themselves - differentiated from the relationships between leaders of nations. Some cultures would clash with others in ways that make managing the two in one region quite difficult.

Anyhow... we'll get there. I'm still refining my skills and this whole setup would be a very deep expression of ability. Not having worked with art defines or nation naming methods at all means I have a bit to learn about the current dynamics there before I could really look to get this done. It's one of the really cool 'platinum' level projects though - want to see this in the game as much as the Nomadic Start, Changing Leaderheads, a fleshed out Developing Leaders, polished Divine Prophets and the Combat Mod.

3. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Since story tellers line build dance pseudo buildings I think it should be special unit autobuildable by culture level of each city.

4. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Set the rest as non playable then, so the data will still be there but you cannot choose them like barbs.

5. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

i have question i don't know what did i check game option.

i m playing germany

but after some turns suddenly my civ changed to greeks

i d like to play keep go on germany

what should i do ?

6. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Did your existing civ change, or did you get switched to running a different civilization that was somewhere else on the map?

If you got switched to running a different civilization elsewhere on the map then you probably accidentally hit the key combination that causes you to switch civs, Alt-Z I think it is. (I'm not sure if this is active if you are not running with the cheat code set to "chipotle".) In this case, you can get back to running the original civ by doing this again repeatedly until it cycles you back to your original civilization. It is unpleasant to do, though, since you have to go through every civ in the game and each one runs a turn so if you have 10 other civs in the game the AI will have run 10 turns for your original civilization and it always messes things up (I have lost a stack consisting of a couple of rangers, some combat unit like an axeman, and a great general converted to a field commander who had probably 100xp or more due to the AI deciding to attack a city with them while I was cycling through to get back into control of my original civ ). So it may be a better idea to load your last autosave instead.

If it just changed your civ to a different one, same cities on the same place on the map just a different civilization name & flag, then the question is did you update from an older version of C2C right before this happened? Sometimes strange things like that happen if the list of civilizations available int he game has changed.

7. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

thanks.

but i think it was that i checked high to low.

after i canceled check high to low i m playing germany till now.

it was disappeared changed other civlization.

can i ask the mod what is high to low ?

is it change automatically country?

8. Romoltov

Romoltov Chieftain

It switches you to lowest ranking civilization when you get to the top of the chart. I belive it does that twice a game (i.e. the third civilization you get is your final one). It's my favourite way of keeping the game challenging :)

9. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

so it changed suddenly. i knew it why.

and i have question again.

i m playing world map added some civs so i m playing worldmap there are 50 civs.

but in worldbuilder, diplomacy tap

i can see only 35 civs. i can't see them all 50 civs.

how can i change this ?

graphic is 1920 X 1080

i mean the window of diplomacy, cutted up and below parts.

so i can't see all them.

10. Draakon

Draakon Chieftain

Unless this change does not take effect on savegames, this did nothing. Still get volcano's erupting constantly.

11. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

Hi

It would be nice if the "no barbarians" option was available during game setup.
    When you enable this option in another mod you get no barbarians when you start a new C2C map.

The game seems to remember this setting.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's hidden due to the fact that we have not yet been able to address splitting barbarians and animals - to turn off one turns off both. Animal hunting is critical to the early game.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You may also need to delete the Assets/Cache folder but it should affect savegames.

14. becoro

becoro Chieftain

I have a question. Why the audio in "diplomacy" to me is the audio austria or hungary, being that there are no such civilizations in the game?

another very interesting point; advise you to take this audio Frederick II of Prussia, is the hymn that characterized it over to him, which brings the game itself is bad.

here is the link to the recommended music for Federico II (I notice that the song was composed by himself and between the lines is the tune of "God Save the King")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skm-tujlEBI

Another thing, not if I understood what I was referring to the issue of graphics units. I meant that a Hun, German, Polish or any owner swordsman, had their own physical property of the owner, I leave some example images. That is the effect that rightly won the MOD Legend of revolution. Thus the units have the same characteristics in terms of their skills, but they differ in appearance, but appearance.

That leads to a realistic effect, each civilization has its swordsman unit, but with its own uniform for example. : D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202220570651055&l=dc8ed7418d

observe, that the units remain the same, what changes is just the uniform. It is natural that each culture has distinctive, whether they are same or different. This particular compares a German cavalry with an Asian (Mongolian), a German musket with one Mongolian, a Chinese infantry with a German.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Indeed there are the graphics suitable for the nation and then there are the unique units of that nation. We don't have nations but instead we have cultures that have a unique unit and a few hero units also.

We are currently working on the graphics for each of our cultural groups throughout the ages. our cultural groups are North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Oceania. There has been discussion on adding Mesoamerica and splitting Asia into three different regions.

One problem is that adding a full set of graphics for one group (culture or nation) significantly adds to the download size.

16. becoro

becoro Chieftain

I understand. But do you think you raise much weight? I at least saw that this MOD weighed no more than 380 MB. I think not rise much, considering that this is templates. But though I understand your point.

I suggest at least be included graphic (either as a hero unit or as you like) of the German infantry.

Would you like to suggest them to the music of the leaders? there are some that are not them necessarily own.

And one last thing, did you like the song I suggested to Federico II?
    I leave a link to a video with images to motivate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAS_6lomZtE

and this, is for a Mongolian culture Music with images of the movie "Genghis Khan"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQUgtEBbPi4

17. becoro

becoro Chieftain

sorry to bother Dancing Hoskuld :)

18. becoro

becoro Chieftain

19. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

It is possible to only disable the barbarian units and still have animals. This is easy do.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yes... I agree. It's just been an item, no matter how big or small, that is one of many on a nearly infinite list. If you want to address it, by all means I'm sure many players would appreciate it.