Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Harrier

Harrier Deity

A thought about natural wonders - Why do they give money as soon as you see them? Sometimes on the first turn of the game.

In pre-historic times, they maybe in awe of the wonder (so give them culture points [not to many - but maybe an extra point every X turns], not money). They do not even have money then.

Then give them some money in say the Classical era, when they appreciate what they have and people flock to see the wonder. Generating income.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

What is money? It is an agreed on short cut to swapping one thing for another. In game terms it represents wealth which is something else instead.

If you get the natural wonder in your nation near a city you can build a building that gives you that cultural and tourist bonus.

The money from discovering is just a game mechanic to reward exploration. Perhaps there needs to be a set of promotions for all units. The first unit to discover a natural wonder gets the next up in that promotion line.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Funny you 'll mentioned money (paper). The conspiracy about this is that the government wants us to believe its worth something, when it actually isn't. They called it the "Gold Conspiracy." Whereas only gold was the real legal tender.

4. masaykh

masaykh Prince

5cents to "money" disscussion:
    till early ancient era, existed only barter, no money - thing that have universal exchange value for all \ some peoples that participated in exchange - could not existed in that era.

5. strategyonly

Are all the "empty" civs now gone from the pedia??

6. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

They seem to be, though now we have a different problem: South American culture is only provided by the Inca civ, and Oceanian culture only by Austrialia; the lion's share (14!) of civ regional cultures are European by an incredibly large margin and seeing the south American or Oceanian cultures commonly being built seems like a longshot.

For reference, currently:
    South American: 1
    Oceanian: 1
    North American: 4
    African: 5
    Asian: 7
    Middle Eastern: 8
    European: 14

The European civ count is almost equal to the next two lowest counts combined. Or, to put it another way, there are more european civs than SA, Oceana, NA, and Africa combined.

EDIT: This also means by picking either Australia or Inca you have zero competition for your cultural wonders.

7. masaykh

masaykh Prince

looking through exe i found strange statement : dllprofile.log
    anyone know how it can be activated?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I do now :D

1)Activate Chipotle
    2)Run a debug dll
    3)Ctrl-D to bring up a panel with a number of options, dll profiling being among them.

9. edua234

edua234 Chieftain

Please can someone tell me where is the newest version of this mod?
    Is it the one on this thread?
    Thank you

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1) V34 is the latest version of this mod and it is linked to in the first post of this thread.

2) Yes.

The SVN we keep going on about is the beta version of the next release.

11. strategyonly

OK, after the recent changes "I" made to delete the Custom Civs, does it help any with turn times, or is it about the same, PLS dont answer if you haven't made it to the MID-Industrial Era yet, under these changes, thx. . . SO

Also for modders, if you still think Snail is OK for you to play, i would have to say "Try the new Marathon" i put together, i believe its really good right now and THIS should be the "play testing" speed we need to use, its just a "hare" faster is all.

12. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Firaxis seems to be copying you guys. With "Beyond the Earth".:goodjob::king:
    Not based on Alpha Centauri - That was EA, not Firaxis.

Just hope it is not based on Civ5. :lol::D

Well maybe it should be based on Civ5 engine - that way you guys will still be better - when you manage to release multi-maps.

13. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

Update.
    If running Barbarian Generals, every time a Barbarian attacks at 99% retreat, the unit gets 8 xp and 11 points are generated for GG's, the Barbarians will get dozens of GG's very quickly. This can be an exploit for the human player too, find an HN unit that has 99% retreat and attack another civ. That unit gets 8xp and you generate 11 points for a GG. You will have a dozen GG's in no time, not to mention several units with 1000 xp each.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's only on dynamic xp though right?

EDIT: Nevermind - I've fixed this and will soon post it along with my next update to the SVN.

15. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

Is it possible to put a flag on your invisible units to let you know when they have been spotted and are no longer invisible? I have an ambusher hiding in the middle of another country, then along comes a dog and I get attacked. I would like to know before hand so I can try to escape.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting idea... not sure how to go about it - maybe the red glow you get around a warlord might work?

17. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

They are using Civ 5 engine and Alpha centauri belonged to Big Games, not EA until EA bought them out due to Big Games having a financial crunch.. Brian Reynolds wrote the entire game and concept. I beta tested the entire process. ;)

Sid stated that this is as close as they can get to a sequel to the game but he can't say that due to legal issues.

Personally I don't expect much hope with Beyond Earth if the same coders are building it. Civ 5 sucked I own it and all expansions but never feel satisfied why I am playing C2C :lol:

18. strategyonly

You know thats MAINLY because of the "STUPID" icons above the Civ, instead of using the flags that we used to have, its just not fun when they did that, i cant understand who belongs to whom and what units i have ??:crazyeye:

19. Lordhasen

Lordhasen Chieftain

i have a idea how about "Regional Capitals " . When i play my problem is that some citys are to far behind because i counqer them to late , they lack to many "basebuildings " (like university ) so i cant mass issue advance buildings (like stem cell labs ) . And there are to many citys in late game to Micromanage . So my idea is to found "Regional Capitals" where you can "tak on" some citys .
    example my whole concept

City A is hyper Advance with university and stuff . City B ,C,D are primitive. City B is made now to be a "Regional Capital" C and D are tak on city B . When B builds a university c and D also building a university.

With this concept it would be far easier to develop huge civilisation .

What do you all think ?

20. Talin2009

Talin2009 King

Is there any way to get immense map size working on my comp with current SVN? I have old versions where this size was enabled.

Used to play this size whole time ... Gigantic feels small now =(