Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

To all the MODDER's:

Make sure to UPDATE to the current NEW SVN, its twice as simple now, to use, with less times you have to put in your password, etc etc.

also with the NEW Windows 10 UPDATE, the shortcuts i have for C2C are working perfectly now and twice as fast getting there also, so they must have realized a problem they had... also before i had to wait like 4 minutes when turning off my PC to get C2C to run now its less than 30 seconds, NICE!!!

What new SVN? The recovered one after the recent Sourceforge crash?

The newest Version of Sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tortoisesvn/

It's the August 4th 2015 version and what I updated to after the SVN Crash.

My only problem is I don't get the Red, Yellow, or Green status icons anymore. And I've not discovered how to re-enable them yet. Could be that Win 10 is hogging the 15 system icons Windows allows.

JosEPh

wheat on an I island and oj in the water lines could get time at the bank for a little extra bonus on the plateau of extra curricular acctivites for manufacturing quick workers and missionaires.

Can someone here explain me the "merge" and "split" function? I managed to split some of my units in smaller forces - so i could defend my city. But why cant i remerge them?
Now i got 20 composit bows with 2.22 strengh... but they cant be remerged? I use the newest version of the game. Is the problem some promotions?

My only problem is I don't get the Red, Yellow, or Green status icons anymore.
JosEPh

I see green icon, but can't update SVN (or even install) from Windows 10 File Explorer due to UAC issues. Here's what works for me; hope it may help somebody else out.

Installing SVN from downloaded "xx.msi" file using DOS command prompt
1) Download the ".msi" file. I saved in a new top-level directory C:\TortoiseSVN - uses something short since you will re-type it frequently
2) Right-click Windows 10 icon in the lower left corner of the desktop and select "Command prompt (Admin). This opens a DOS command prompt with admin rights.
3) Type in msiexec.exe -i C:\TortoiseSVN\<filename>.msi, and hit enter.

C2C first-time checkout and subsequent updates
1) (Optional) Download SVN documentation - same Sourceforge URL as above, but select "Files" tab (instead of Download button). Pick latest edition (currently 1.9.1), then pick your language (2-char ISO code in file name, e.g. "en" for English).
2) Create your top-level folder for SVN checkout and update. For simplicity I used ":C\TortoiseSVN\SVN_C2C". This will be the "PATH" value used below.
3) Open a new DOS command prompt with Windows 10 admin privilege (as above)
4) For first-time checkout, type svn checkout URL PATH replacing "URL" by the repository URL (see "SVN Discussion forum, page 1), and "PATH" as above.
5) For subsequent updates, type svn update PATH replacing "PATH" as above.

Can someone here explain me the "merge" and "split" function? I managed to split some of my units in smaller forces - so i could defend my city. But why cant i remerge them?
Now i got 20 composit bows with 2.22 strengh... but they cant be remerged? I use the newest version of the game. Is the problem some promotions?

They must be fully healed to merge. If they are fully healed then a rule I intended for the AI only is also applying to the player which is that once split or merged, units cannot then go the other way. This was done to save memory. I don't THINK I let it apply to player units but it may.

Also, you can't have all similar units you want to merge selected at the same time. You need to select just one bowman (or any mergeable unit) at a time for the merge option to appear.

I cant build a stone anything because i dont have a Stone Tools Workshop, but i am in Ancient Era and have mining, were did the STW go, i had it??

This was reported on the bug thread but I did not understand the bug. Your picture and words explain it well.

The Stone Tools Workshop obsoletes at Mining and is replaced by the mine but the mine can't be built on the resources that will eventually require a quarry.

What we need is a new improvement "Early Quarry" that has the same effect as the Stone Tools Workshop, becomes available at Mining, can only be built on those resources that a quarry requires, upgrades to a Quarry and becomes obsolete at Masonry. I'll see if I can get one made later today.:)

@StrategyOnly here is a quick attempt at a fix for the above problem. I have only tested that it appears correct in the pedia as I have appointments all of today. I hope you have a save you can use to test it. The files inside the 7z files go in the XML folder they are named after.

I have not done anything for any worker units outside the main unit file. I'll do that when I get back tonight.

@StrategyOnly here is a quick attempt at a fix for the above problem. I have only tested that it appears correct in the pedia as I have appointments all of today. I hope you have a save you can use to test it. The files inside the 7z files go in the XML folder they are named after.

I have not done anything for any worker units outside the main unit file. I'll do that when I get back tonight.

Great, that worked, what i had to do was, build an Early Work, then a Stone Work, then it says it will become a mine in 17 turns. But you cant build a mine, because it says it will destroy the Stone Work, but NO stone resource.

Great, that worked, what i had to do was, build an Early Work, then a Stone Work, then it says it will become a mine in 17 turns. But you cant build a mine, because it says it will destroy the Stone Work, but NO stone resource.

Then it didn't work. You should just have been able to build an Early Quarry and it should have given the stone resource. It should then update to a quarry later.

Then it didn't work. You should just have been able to build an Early Quarry and it should have given the stone resource. It should then update to a quarry later.

Dont know, i dont think i have the quarry build avail yet, but as far as I can see it IS working . . Depends on what they find in the CTD i had also??

Dont know, i dont think i have the quarry build avail yet, but as far as I can see it IS working . . Depends on what they find in the CTD i had also??

OK i am trying Toffers Civic changes and the CTD disappeared, meaning it took away the Early WS but the Stone Workshop appeared and is working now?

It's the August 4th 2015 version and what I updated to after the SVN Crash.

My only problem is I don't get the Red, Yellow, or Green status icons anymore. And I've not discovered how to re-enable them yet. Could be that Win 10 is hogging the 15 system icons Windows allows.

JosEPh

Newest version SVN 1.9.1.26747-x64-svn-1.9.1 restored the Green check mark and other missing icons that the previous link posted here did not provide.

@SirJohnEh,

Good post, and Welcome to C2C. :)

JosEPh

Hi! I still have the same and old problem with sanitize. When i give order to a worker to sanitize a infection smog the game crash. It is a known problem?

Hi! I still have the same and old problem with sanitize. When i give order to a worker to sanitize a infection smog the game crash. It is a known problem?

Please post a picture and possibly a save game showing this on the bug thread. It will help identify the problem properly.

Top Bottom