Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

billw wrote:
  • Fix crash when civics calculations don't consider civ without a capital.

Does this mean that the Barbs and Barb Neanderthals will now have Capital cities?

Well I do not think that accepting a neighbors Religion as your own, When you don't have Any religion at all, should have Any Anarchy time associated with it. Especially when that religion is creeping into your empire And the AI Wants you to accept it. And you agree to do so. Just flies in the face of reason to me. Would like to see a change here.
I think of this as, the question isn't whether I agree with your or not so much as whether your people do. Why would they be so quick and willing to have a new religion thrust upon them? Particularly when the whispers and rumors are that Nebuchadnezzar was the one to demand we start worshiping this strange new cow god? I mean, do we really NEED to believe in this new mythology for our cities to go on functioning like they always have? This is just a political and diplomatic stunt and we shouldn't be forced to attend these services or pay homage to this crazy new world view being thrust on us! Just because James and his family down the road believed all this nonsense before the Chief did doesn't mean I'm on board!

Takes time for people to adjust to largescale government decisions like these. The last time a nation was diplomatically demanded of that they change their national religion in RL it was by Isis in a decree issued to the United States that we must convert to Islam. You think we might've had a little anarchy period here? There are quite a few believers of the Quran that live here so the religion is established. And we don't have a declared state religion to start with either. But I think you see my point nevertheless.

As a side note to this, switching Civics Is a much more weighed situation for the Player when considering changing the Civics offered. Don't think it really matters to the AI though. Just an observation.
They do consider it but it's a coder's quandry how much they should. If they consider it too strongly, they will be slow to adopt important upgrades and if they don't consider it strongly enough, they'll switch back and forth between civics as if there's no problem with spending time in anarchy at all. They tend to try to build up to a threshold of 'desireable changes' in a quantified total and switch more than one civic at a time, but in the beginning this reluctance and respect for anarchy periods can be a reason for them to fall behind as well.

Especially when that religion is creeping into your empire

Are you overlooking this part of it? It is not a big change for the people they are being introduced and accepting it because they Have No Religion. I think this is very important to what I'm trying to relay. But perhaps it would be Too difficult to implement something like this scenario. But it does happen in many games to player and AI alike.

Are you overlooking this part of it? It is not a big change for the people they are being introduced and accepting it because they Have No Religion. I think this is very important to what I'm trying to relay. But perhaps it would be Too difficult to implement something like this scenario. But it does happen in many games to player and AI alike.
Islam is creeping into the US...

When % of religion across the country can be more easily and readily compiled, I'll look into making that play a factor in how willing a nation is at swapping or adopting a given religion. I agree it should play a role.

As it is, a high education level is going to make for longer anarchy times, including on religion changes. I'm not sure if you're playing the complex traits or not but Spiritual leaders would negate a lot of that while other more focused religious types might actually increase it but would get more direct benefit from their adopted religion once the people accept it fully.

Last edited:
I've got a few icons for you Toffer. The archive contains the DDS files.
Cool, I'l get them into the game soon.
They look pretty good, a decent place to start.
In BUG the Option Terrain Damage, since moving over to PPIO for me, is On by Default. Would like to know why it was set to this.
Since PPIO was a modmod I took some personal freedoms in favour of my own preferences, There were so many small things like that, that I thought it best to change them after the merge if needed rather than trying to discuss the entirety of details found in PPIO before doing the merge.
Do you know how to change default BUG option values? Or should I change it?
a recent change to the interface has deactivated this in my games the F1 list of cities now covers the entire screen and i cant see the option to change the buildings in a city anymore.
The interface that was recently added as default is a lot faster at other places expecialy when adding multiple buildings to a city where they stay in place unless you build a religious building.
The problem was that the new way to list what a city can build and train was impossible to get to show on top of the domestic advisor, it got hidden behind the advisor screen, so to be able to do what you want in that advisor I would have to abandon the new city building/unit list design and simply use the good old two liners at the bottom of the screen. I decided that city screen improvement was worth the domestic advisor sacrifice.

Do you know how to change default BUG option values? Or should I change it?
If it is in the Python folder, which I suspect it is, then I would prefer you to do it. But if it is in xml point it out and I will do it. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if you're playing the complex traits or not
Currently not because of Civic testing. Standard traits no Game Set up Options checked.

You keep bring up Spiritual Trait. I Know what Spiritual does to anarchy times. I do not feel it is relevant to this scenario.

You keep bring up Spiritual Trait. I Know what Spiritual does to anarchy times. I do not feel it is relevant to this scenario.
If it has nothing to counter, then its ability to counter it is worthless, no?

Therefore default has to be a little painful so there's value in the ability to avoid the pain.

All bug option defaults are in xmls located in Assets\Config\.

Terrain damage option is defined in RoMSettings.xml
Thank you and Done

If it has nothing to counter, then its ability to counter it is worthless, no?

Therefore default has to be a little painful so there's value in the ability to avoid the pain.
That seems vague. And evasive. So this particular scenario, not the Spiritual thing, is of no consequence. Okay.

What did you all do to raxo? Been absent for 3 whole days. That's not like our raxo! :hmm:

10902 (Branch only)
  • Branch: Redid splitting CvInfos, using svn copy first to preserve file ancestry. Then I moved the codes as-is, to make it easier to compare the diffs.
  • Previous CvBuildingInfo stuff is moved into CvInfoCity. I divided the classes into base (CvInfos), terrain-, game-, player-, city-, and unit-related containers.
  • Test compile fails at the linking stage due to unresolved or repeating *ArtInfo symbols.
10903 (Branch only)
Branch: Fixed two pieces of CvInfos code that I didn't move properly.​

Merged revision 10903 from branches/newXMLLoadUtility: Divided CvInfos code into 6 parts.​

Redo svn action by copying from earlier revision of trunk to keep history clean.​

Redo svn action again by copying from revision 10860 of trunk to keep history clean.​

• Clean some white space in CvInfos; Remove the Empty Tag template

@Anq
I really understand why you would make changes like this but they are unnecessary. By unnecessary I mean the mod works without them as well.
Sadly such changes mess with other people who are working on the same files and i put working on C2C on hold because don't have enough time to deal with all these unnecessary merge conflicts all the time.
issue.PNG

Sadly such changes mess with other people who are working on the same files and i put working on C2C on hold because don't have enough time to deal with all these unnecessary merge conflicts all the time.
Ideally we would better communicate what areas we are working on so we can avoid such things. I suggest discord, all coders are now on there I believe (bar you). It is ideal for quickly pinging people about changes you are about to make without needing to make a post about them spamming up the forum. Alternatively (preferably as well) a pinned forum post specifically for planning disruptive changes might be good.

I guess he's taking a well deserved break, well I hope that's the case at least.
Yeah, I'm taking break.
I will be back to modding on Monday, maybe earlier.

I borrowed someones laptop, so I can see what you are doing and for other reasons too :).
I saw, that someone added pretty era icons, and that @Anq is wild goose messing with everything lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom