Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Oh man, Google really is everywhere. Looking at the release picture, all I see is an engine upgrade and regardless of where I look on the new engine, all I see if Chrome :crazyeye:
AND I got the pic in a Google search! Coincidence?

I think not.

From the picture, I guess C2C now stands for - "Covert to Corvette". :mischief::lol:
hmm... maybe so.

I chose it because we've had a major tuneup and you know how the internal combustion engine was a fairly important invention in technology so is also game appropriate.

I chose it because we've had a major tuneup and you know how the internal combustion engine was a fairly important invention in technology so is also game appropriate.
So you want a historical important engine for high speed and you picked an image of an engine, which is more bling than performance....

A high speed engine would be a steam turbine or a jet engine.

Fun fact: once Chile replaced steam locomotives with diesel. They had 1300 hp steam, meaning they ordered 1300 hp diesel. They didn't make it up the mountain. It turned out that dropping air pressure drops the power output. In order to have 1300 hp at the summit, the diesels needed to have 3000 hp at sea level. In order for steam to have 1300 hp at the summit, they needed to have 1300 hp at sea level.

It turns out that you can't just replace one engine with another and assume they will perform the same if they have the same power output. In fact you can't replace diesel with gasoline and assume the vehicle to perform the same because gasoline engines are more agile and can change engine rpm much faster while diesel have way more torque at low rpm (well in general, but particularly at low rpm). Internal combustion engines are also really complex, have many moving parts and gasoline are really sensitive to air/fuel mixture. In fact pre-jet planes had an engineer, who was sitting and monitoring the engines in real time to adjust the mixture to compensate for the changing air pressure outside. On a normal flight that's what he did and he wasn't bored due to no work.

Internal combustion is a horrible design when it comes to air pollution. The fuel has a certain time to ignite and completely burn out. Anything, which doesn't burn comes out as particle pollution and can cause lung cancer and stuff like that. A steam engine burning the same fuel can have a continuous flame, which doesn't have to complete within a certain time, meaning it can be made to burn more completely.

If the internal combustion engine is that bad, then why do we use it? Simple: size. It's so compact and you can turn it on and off at will. It's not like steam where you need to boil water before starting (which could take anything from 20 minutes to 3 days depending on size of the boiler). While they are really complex machines, we have a simple "user interface". Fuel is very easy to handle and store.

I'm most likely overthinking that picture :lol:

So you want a historical important engine for high speed and you picked an image of an engine, which is more bling than performance....

I was thinking basically the same, but more in the context that combustion engines are outdated pieces of machinery and will be replaced by electric engines rapidly.

@Thunderbrd ,

I think the Pic is cool.:thumbsup: This old baby has had some rebuild and "customization" done to it. Ready for the Road Shows to begin. :D

EDIT: 1 little nitpick, the C2C Launch(windows bat file) was Not included in the v40 Release.

Last edited:
A few questions...

What does V40 have over V39 aside from technical improvements (less bugs, faster turns etc.)?

Is there a way to check game difficulty mid game? I thought I was on monarch, but I'm doing much better than last time I tried monarch, so I suspect I might have played prince instead.

Building on the previous question, should I jump to the next difficulty if I'm on monarch? I have more than double the score of the 2nd place player (600 vs 250, approximately, mid ancient era), 10 cities (they have 5-6, haven't been able to scout), they have 0.8 my military (higher than anyone else), and my capital is just researching, capable of pumping out military units when needed... excuse the comma spam lol

You can check your settings under the victory conditions window. It is the red fist button under the money display. Upper left hand, I think, not good with rights and lefts

A high speed engine would be a steam turbine or a jet engine.

Fun fact: once Chile replaced steam locomotives with diesel. They had 1300 hp steam, meaning they ordered 1300 hp diesel. They didn't make it up the mountain. It turned out that dropping air pressure drops the power output. In order to have 1300 hp at the summit, the diesels needed to have 3000 hp at sea level. In order for steam to have 1300 hp at the summit, they needed to have 1300 hp at sea level.

It turns out that you can't just replace one engine with another and assume they will perform the same if they have the same power output. In fact you can't replace diesel with gasoline and assume the vehicle to perform the same because gasoline engines are more agile and can change engine rpm much faster while diesel have way more torque at low rpm (well in general, but particularly at low rpm). Internal combustion engines are also really complex, have many moving parts and gasoline are really sensitive to air/fuel mixture. In fact pre-jet planes had an engineer, who was sitting and monitoring the engines in real time to adjust the mixture to compensate for the changing air pressure outside. On a normal flight that's what he did and he wasn't bored due to no work.

Internal combustion is a horrible design when it comes to air pollution. The fuel has a certain time to ignite and completely burn out. Anything, which doesn't burn comes out as particle pollution and can cause lung cancer and stuff like that. A steam engine burning the same fuel can have a continuous flame, which doesn't have to complete within a certain time, meaning it can be made to burn more completely.

If the internal combustion engine is that bad, then why do we use it? Simple: size. It's so compact and you can turn it on and off at will. It's not like steam where you need to boil water before starting (which could take anything from 20 minutes to 3 days depending on size of the boiler). While they are really complex machines, we have a simple "user interface". Fuel is very easy to handle and store.

All this analysis says I have the target right on the money. We aren't able to say we have the best we'll ever have yet. There's admitted problems all over the place still. But it isn't quite the clunker it was and we've cleaned a lot up.

Hi I'm new here :)...I would like to know if it is possible to add the Argentine Civilization to this mod. Being new i don't know if i have to create a specific post to request this or comment it only here, thank you in advance.

Hi I'm new here :)...I would like to know if it is possible to add the Argentine Civilization to this mod. Being new i don't know if i have to create a specific post to request this or comment it only here, thank you in advance.
It might already be available through one of the modmods.

It might already be available through one of the modmods.

here it is, just needs the XML files to be UPDATED. . .

Attachments

• Argentina.zip
    147.3 KB · Views: 27
It does exist in the mods and updated to version 40 as well. Yo need to down load the first file in here. It contains most of the nations starting with A as well as a few B'shttps://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/c2c-civilizations-megapack.538110/page-9#post-15540739

what is the purpose of this building?? all negative except the :health:, which to me is a bunch of crap, IMPO, totally useless , if i want :health: i will use medics/doctors/healers etc etc ,, ,

Attachments

• healers.JPG
    healers.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 61
what is the purpose of this building?? all negative except the :health:, which to me is a bunch of crap, IMPO, totally useless , if i want :health: i will use medics/doctors/healers etc etc ,, ,
I always thought of it as a gateway building, it unlocks other buildings down the road.

Shouldn't this building be *reducing* pollution? Generally landfill is intended to be *less* polluting in comparison to dumping rubbish wherever. It can be contained in a location where it won't leach into groundwater, as opposed to that alternative which is often dumping the rubbish directly *into* the water.

Would it not add pollution, I mean in the modern era you have those large garbage trucks coming in and out. Plus heavy equipment to move the trash to certain spots. Also would not the smell also be counted as air pollution?

I think the rubbish itself is the cause of the pollution, and putting it in a landfill instead of on the street/in the river reduces the pollution.

OFF Topic:
dsma_bell question for ya since you live in Germany?? was wondering what is the real German translation of: what is going on or what is happening?? is it: Was ist los , or, Vas ist los ,, or,, Vos ist los??

Goggle has it one way and Bing has it another, thx. . .SO

Top Bottom