Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

nevermind, i was looking for Lower Sioux, and not the original unit itself, DUH,, mine r just looking different is all, geez, brain fart .. .
All good bro!

All good bro!
btw was just going thru a few other WB units and i was wondering why the artstyle is not working correctly?? i have this:
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_LOWER_SIOUX</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_NATIVE_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_LOWER_SIOUX</UnitArtStyleType>

they r not working correctly at all, is supposed to be referenced as above, and i am getting the default unit not the artstyle one??? see pic

also was looking at the Native agent and the unit wont work at all, just a blank area when trying yo see what it looked like?? can someone pls see if it works for them??

was going thru the default native american when i tried the agent . .

i shouldn't have to label ALL the units now do i, just have the artstyle listed as in the above referenced one. . .??

Attachments

• arts.JPG
    arts.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 29
btw was just going thru a few other WB units and i was wondering why the artstyle is not working correctly?? i have this:
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_LOWER_SIOUX</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_NATIVE_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_LOWER_SIOUX</UnitArtStyleType>

they r not working correctly at all, is supposed to be referenced as above, and i am getting the default unit not the artstyle one??? see pic

also was looking at the Native agent and the unit wont work at all, just a blank area when trying yo see what it looked like?? can someone pls see if it works for them??

was going thru the default native american when i tried the agent . .

i shouldn't have to label ALL the units now do i, just have the artstyle listed as in the above referenced one. . .??
I don't know about those enough yet but on completion of the unit review, art styles will probably be condensed and reviewed in the process as there's some plans for setup that would benefit from such condensing. I'm not sure yet how to debug this stuff much but @raxo2222 may be better at that.

I don't know about those enough yet but on completion of the unit review, art styles will probably be condensed and reviewed in the process as there's some plans for setup that would benefit from such condensing. I'm not sure yet how to debug this stuff much but @raxo2222 may be better at that.
Some script is needed to collect all artstyles, and to check if actual file exists on defined file paths.

Or just collect all file paths referenced by files and check if actual files exist.

I added issue on Github so someone can make assert, if art/sound file is not found, or if art/sound reference chain doesn't end up on file and is terminated earlier.

Someone reported sound errors with female missionaries or late era songs - its same error technically (file not found)

Last edited:
You could try overclocking CPU and using liquid nitrogen cooling, or getting NASA supercomputer
Would love to have one of the super secret new Quantum computers! :D

Can anyone make suggestions as to what I can do to make the late game more interesting and maximize my Mastery score by the final Tech?

Attachments

• OskBella January 16, AD-1924.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.3 MB · Views: 25
When I capture an animal, I always look for the city that I can build this captured animal's one of the special buildings (e.g. captured fox and dance - fox). Is there a way of easier check?

Adding something to the captured animals action menus (I mean the menu that brings all actions the unit can do when you select them like "add the tale to your cultural heritage" etc.) that will move them to a city that they can build one of the special buildings they have could be quite useful. I don't know how difficult it is but it could be very handy in the game when you have too many cities and still capturing animals.

did someone look into the WB as i mentioned a few posts ago, it is NOT working correctly, same as the <ArtStyleType> . .
Some graphics definitions apparently are missing files, or have typos in them.

There is issue on Github, so someone could make script checking this stuff.

Can anyone make suggestions as to what I can do to make the late game more interesting and maximize my Mastery score by the final Tech?
You won this game despite ignoring improvements, roads and not building buildings.
Settler is "NO AI" handicap effectively.

You can play on space map next time.
Play on Noble/Prince/Monarch too.

You won this game despite ignoring improvements, roads and not building buildings.
Settler is "NO AI" handicap effectively.
I'm currently enjoying trashing everyone (not without difficulty and careful planning, though) on literal Eternity Nightmare, in fact.
All it took was placing a non-standard Jerusalem on the Pit map - and not altering ANYTHING else whatsoever (a 100% fair game in every other aspect).
In fact, I'm quite BEHIND in Tech as it is, and capturing cities simply by having a merged General (or three now), who can destroy ANY other unit (then run away to heal).
It's just that AI is still too weak to realize they could dogpile me with 10 normal units and kill the General.
I've had TWO wars called on ME by armies that got wiped out in response almost easily, mind you.
AI really needs more work to stand up against Human Players who prefer quality over quantity.
I don't care what Pit whines about - THIS game is quite literally FAIR, and yet I still thrive, despite lagging behind in certain points.
AND having made a good number of stupid (non-critical) decisions that made me pretty much WASTE (or fail to GAIN) resources on stuff I didn't need to do.
Like losing units to Barbs, when I could just ignore them (so I spent a lot of additional turns on building he same units again and again).
Or NOT hunting as much as I usually do, for reasons I myself don't quite understand.
All of which means that if I actually paid MORE attention to the game, I'd be at a BETTER situation without a doubt.
Here's the save, lol.
Enjoy.

EDIT:
Had to choose what screenshots to post, since it's limited, lol.
The POITNS are:
1. SEVEN cities, SIX captured, ZERO built by myself.
2. FIRST in everything that counts.
3. ARMY calculation thinks I'm mediocre at best, loool.
4. Not the ONLY religion already (there's TWO more).
5. Check out my GENERALS, loool!

Attachments

• Israel-WORLD-HARD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I'm currently enjoying trashing everyone (not without difficulty and careful planning, though) on literal Eternity Nightmare, in fact.
All it took was placing a non-standard Jerusalem on the Pit map - and not altering ANYTHING else whatsoever (a 100% fair game in every other aspect).
In fact, I'm quite BEHIND in Tech as it is, and capturing cities simply by having a merged General (or three now), who can destroy ANY other unit (then run away to heal).
It's just that AI is still too weak to realize they could dogpile me with 10 normal units and kill the General.
I've had TWO wars called on ME by armies that got wiped out in response almost easily, mind you.
AI really needs more work to stand up against Human Players who prefer quality over quantity.
I don't care what Pit whines about - THIS game is quite literally FAIR, and yet I still thrive, despite lagging behind in certain points.
AND having made a good number of stupid (non-critical) decisions that made me pretty much WASTE (or fail to GAIN) resources on stuff I didn't need to do.
Like losing units to Barbs, when I could just ignore them (so I spent a lot of additional turns on building he same units again and again).
Or NOT hunting as much as I usually do, for reasons I myself don't quite understand.
All of which means that if I actually paid MORE attention to the game, I'd be at a BETTER situation without a doubt.
Here's the save, lol.
Enjoy.
Try playing on faster speed like Normal, Long or Epic ;)
On slower speeds its easier to outmanoeuvre AI.

Try playing on faster speed like Normal, Long or Epic ;)
On slower speeds its easier to outmanoeuvre AI.
Again:
"Try playing under conditions that are deliberately unfair towards the Player", right?
Pit wants me to play half-a-mod for whatever reason.
You want me to play on speed that makes it impossible to play 1-vs-40 (including Barbs).
How nice of both of you, I guess.
Kinda kidding, or am I?
Though I might actually try this, since it indeed makes for a FASTER game, lol.
My point is that THIS game I was playing absolutely NOT the way I always do - as in, I usually go for Tech, not for Conquest.
So it might be interesting to go for Conquest on a FAST game, indeed.
I'll think about it, lol.
Anyways, what do you say about my Generals, hehehe? :scan:

EDIT:
I don't do "medium speeds".
It's always either Eternity OR Ultrafast, never in-between.
That's me, lol.
Still might try Ultrafast Nighmare, though.

EDIT:
That's me, lol.
Still might try Ultrafast Nighmare, though.

Ultrafast (500 turns) is speed for testing purposes, Blitz is one, that is fastest for actual gameplay (1000 turns).

That's me, lol.
Means you are missing out on Regular C2C play.

Eternity at this 20K turns is Toffer's Modmod for Prehistoric and Ancient play. Extended Early era play for the early extended Mil units to get all the Promos and buffs they could before you got a newer Mil Unit.

C2C's original Eternity was 12K. My Game speeds that were used, for about 1 1/2 to 2 years, Eternity was 8,400 turns. No one ever played any Eternity game to the full 8400 turns Except Talin during that timeframe. And No one ever played early C2C on the original Eternity to the 12K turn mark setting. Same goes for Eon. Also previous GS settings (Original and mine) did not have the 5 Extra late game Eras either.

Were you around here 6-7 years ago? Even earlier than that? Did you play C2C back then? If you did you could reach the late late game back then. I personally loved the early steamboat paddler to Iron clad frigate to early Iron destroyer timeframe for ocean play back then. Island and Archipelago and the Naval battles were so cool back then...for me anyway. Now it's been 5 years since I've had a serious game get to late Ren and early Industrial eras. Once upon a time Navies mattered in this game.

I guess to each their own is applicable here for C2C play. And that is how the Boss/Author StrategyOnly has always wanted it. ;)

Top Bottom