Caveman 2 Cosmos Not working

aguuugw

Chieftain
So I went through a lot of trouble to install this mod on my old computer, and then I couldn't really play it because I didn't have enough RAM. Well, I got a new computer, so I thought, might as well try again. Lo and behold, there are complications, like there are for anything I have ever tried to do on a computer. I downloaded Caveman2Cosmos.zip, unzipped it, moved it to the BTS mods folder, opened civ4, loaded the mod, and when it opened "about this build" said that Caveman 2 Cosmos was running, and there was an option to unload mod, but the background, settings, and game were just normal bts. How do I fix this? I have been longing to play this mod for about 3 years since I heard about it, and really would like to give it a try.

You will get better answers and help by posting in the Caveman2Cosmos subforum, CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=449). That is where the developers (modders) of the mod are. (I have never used that mod, so I can't offer any aide.)

So I went through a lot of trouble to install this mod on my old computer, and then I couldn't really play it because I didn't have enough RAM. Well, I got a new computer, so I thought, might as well try again. Lo and behold, there are complications, like there are for anything I have ever tried to do on a computer. I downloaded Caveman2Cosmos.zip, unzipped it, moved it to the BTS mods folder, opened civ4, loaded the mod, and when it opened "about this build" said that Caveman 2 Cosmos was running, and there was an option to unload mod, but the background, settings, and game were just normal bts. How do I fix this? I have been longing to play this mod for about 3 years since I heard about it, and really would like to give it a try.

Same happened to me

I had this happen to me, and happily the fix was quite simple. I hope it is for you as well.

When I extracted the mod download to my BTS mod folder it created a new folder called cavemantocosmos_v37 or something similar. Within this folder was a second folder named caveman to cosmos. I moved this second folder out of cavmantocosmos_v37 folder and placed it directly in the BTS mod folder. Problem solved.

You'll know whether the mod is working because Caveman to Cosmos has a unique main menu that is noticeably different from Beyond the Sword.

Top Bottom