Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Kreatur

Kreatur Warlord

hi everybody at first thanks for this great mod.
    there are always arguments in the forum abaut to much gold ,production, food ect
    noramly the answer is to scrap ore to tweak a building but one of the great thingd in the mod i enjoy ist the mass of buildings. so we need an other solution.
    What about expand the concept of upgraded buildings? There are so much buildings that would be fit nice in such a row.

Trading Post--Bazar--Shopping district
    Shrine--temple--cathedral--religous monument( i mean things like the partheon)
    healers hut--doctors office--hospital
    forge--foundry--steel mill--great steelworks
    libary--national archive
    storage pit--granay--modern granay--strategig grain reseve
    market--supermarket--hypermarket
    aquaduct--pont du gard
    arena--kolosseum-flavian amphithatere
    city gates--itcha gate
    work house--factory--manufacturing plant--nano factory(may something missing)

i think there are more buildings who could fit in
    what abaout some smal adjustments

native language an trade language ( should be team projects )
    a least a language is a archivment and not a building ^^ at the moment we have just a few project you could fill it

what about inquisitions with the civic atheist ? i mean if you prohibit religions it should be possible to scrap them out of a city

Fanatics only for intolerant civilisations ? at least no other country gots benefits from them

2. Flinx

Flinx Prince

Well, i have plenty of fun with version 11 plus the patches/fixes.
    I´d like to move on to version 12 but the download will literally take for ages, current speed is about 5 kB/s; in about three days it will be ready.
    Any chance to offer a download source with reasonable download speed?

3. Solitude102

Solitude102 Chieftain

I was wondering the same thing.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

If you'll can find me a non-torrent site that can handle OVER 1 GB of modding space, no problem.

5. Ahnarras

Ahnarras Chieftain

Plop, I'm trying the V12 and it's pretty good so far. I'm playing on a tiny map, but I encountered some weird stuff:
    - using the planet_generator map, I have some storm, but no stone in the sea (the one hurting boat), are they removed?
    - I have raging barbarian on, but they are pretty lazy.. not any animal, a few stone thrower / clubman (but like 1 each 50 turn...), and in the see, only crocodil, no more giant fish or squid. It's only because I play on a too little map, or did you change some barbarian setting?
    - I'm also using the Revolution option, and if cities rebels pretty fast, each time an army spawn, it despawn the same turn. They don't attack any city, or destroy improvement.. the more they can do is killing a lonely worker, and at the beginning of my turn they just vanished. :confused:

Btw, greats for this new update and the awesome goods system :)

6. marcgarc

marcgarc Chieftain

Don't you like torrent as a way for distributing this mod? Why?
    At first, until enugh seeders were available, d/l speeds would be low, but then they will rise; this site hosting the mod file is always very slow, and that doesn't help the mod to spread over.

7. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Warlord

Guys,

I've been experimenting with version 11 mainly with huge and gigantic maps (more specifically Carter's Earth) with civilizations varying 12 and 20. And I still can't figure out whether the delay that appears around the onset of the classical era is caused by AI's woes or the size of the map...seems like when cities are around 100 , the problems start. In this, sense what would you think is the best balance between a map size and number of civz?(and more specifically now in version 12). Because I do play hotseat with a friend of mine and we invested loads of time and suddenly we reached a point when we just waited between 3-5 minutes for AI's turn and it was yet Medieval times ( Huge map, 15 civs, version 11)...So any new start feels like a shot in dark in that matter.

I was just wondering what's your experience and does it ultimately depend on the machine you are running?

The mod is sooo awesome and addictive, i can't believe you could take it that far!

8. bill2505

bill2505 King

that depends on your pc specs

9. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Warlord

well, the system we are using is - 6gb ram, 1gb nvidia video, i7 proc 920...should be more than enough?

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The point of some of the national wonders is to give you free buildings ie they provide infrastructure. hence the Strategic Grain Reserve (from Old Testament of The Holy Bible) gives a free grainnery in all your cities. Similarly "national library service" gives a free library in all your cities.

Interesting idea for Fanatics I assume you would suggest the same for Monks. needs some thought.

They should still be there, you were probably just unlucky.
    giant squid and monster fish are optional extras. Too many people complain about the graphics and the way they slow game turns down.
    It may be possible for you to copy the dll from version 12 and use it in version 11 and so get the speed benefits in your save game.

11. Gregori

Gregori Chieftain

try ModDB

http://www.moddb.com/

12. bill2505

bill2505 King

do you you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows . i can play the game with 3 gb ram but gigantic map can be a lot recourse demanding

13. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

14. nichopoleve

nichopoleve Warlord

How do I do this?
    I tried add torrent from URL but it wont work.

15. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

In uTorrent client -

File->Add torrent from URL

paste this link there

You can`t add link or you added link but it don`t work ?

16. Ahnarras

Ahnarras Chieftain

Thanks for the answer :)

Edit: I did a few test about my problems and I think i found the bug.
    - The rebels spawns & despawn the same turn seems to be linked to the "start as minor tribe" option. On the map where I'm not starting as minor civ, the rebel spawns correctly and stay here, destroying improvement or attacking the city until I kill them.

- For the stone in the water, some of them appears when I try a Rom_continent map. But no one with the planet_generator, even on gigantic map :/
    Which kind of map would you recommand for enjoy all the feature of C2C?

- Neanderthal are shy again. No one pop (or even human barbarian) in my test, only animal, in both normal setting and with raging barb on. Btw, I don't have any option for the giant monster fish / squid, should they be activate in the mod files, or did I miss something in the Bug window?

Except of that, all is good :goodjob:

17. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Warlord

Would it be wise to switch on the barbarians in the new version 12?

18. suli

suli Chieftain

to nichopoleve

remove the space in the link provided.

19. nichopoleve

nichopoleve Warlord

It won't work.

it says: Unable to parse magnet URL

20. nichopoleve

nichopoleve Warlord

BUG options - Rise of Mankind: Resource display

This window is misplaced after I loaded a new game.
    Now it is halfway showing in the top right screen.

How do I edit window position?