Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

2. fox456

fox456 Warlord

This is my first time at trying a mod (other than ROM - A New Dawn). I really like it so far. You sure have put alot of work into all the intricate "Cave Man" buildings and the wild animals and the intricate tech tree.

I have had one CTD so far. That was when I completed Woodworking.

Also I have a couple of questions:

1. When a Seed Camp advances to a Farm, is it supposed to lose its +1 Commerce when that happens?

2. Why can I not build Calmacec after I have discovered Naghualism -- do I have to have Meditation first?

3. How does the concept of Flammability work? I can't find it in the Civilopedia anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not there!

4. I have build a Fruit Picking Camp over a Banana resource in my territory and I have roads connecting it to two cities. However, there is no banana icon showing up in my resource menu inside either city. Is there something else I need to do?

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1. Actually all improvements originally lost the +1 commerce given by Barter at Sedentary Lifestyle. Now it looses them when they upgrade. maybe I should put it back at Sedentary Lifestyle?

2. Yes. This is the case for all the BtS and RoM standard religions.

3. Is new. Hydromancerx needs to write something up about it and crime for the perdia concepts page.

4. Each of the fruits become visible at the same time but tradeable at different times. You need to look in the pedia for when it is tradeable as it wont show up in the city until then.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Actually that is real close to real life as a game can get, remember you can plant peas, beans, and corn all at the same time, but will grow and harvest in ALOT different time periods.

5. marcgarc

marcgarc Chieftain

One question about V19
    Is the old 'Extra Leadheads for C2C' pack working yet?
    I've seen the downloading link for it is disabled now in the main post, and there's a note saying it isn't up to date. So I'm not waiting for it to work properly...

6. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

7. Stormwind

Stormwind King

IIRC the unofficial Patch is included.

8. fox456

fox456 Warlord

Thanks for answering my questions, Dancing Hoskuld. You've always been very helpful in the forum!

By the way, I'm up to four CTD's.

9. QuantumProjects

QuantumProjects Warlord

Ow, huge list of changes! Congratulations for the hard work!

10. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

This mod is too big for my pc. Is there a smaller version available? Or a way to reduce the mod's footprint?

11. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

Playing now and it's AWESOME!!! I learned of it from Volkyra's story, and I have one dissapointment: I can't seem to find a clearly military path in the late prehistoric era... Sewing or Tattoos? Not really military... so I'm going to the tech adviser and choosing more military-sounding techs down the road.. but that's just my nit-pick, I know it's kinda realistic. It's great, really

12. CHUCK GARCIA

CHUCK GARCIA Chieftain

Question. Do the Mod devs ever play this thing? :) I last played version 14 before my computer crashed, this is amazing (v19) I am still in the classic period after several hours, the depth is awesome! No crashes yet either! this is the first version where I haven't had CTDs every single hour! Yay! amazing!

13. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

The Fine Clay luxury resource appears to be the rarest element on my maps. I been re-rolling C2C_Terra maps and inspected in the world builder and in each case there is at most 2 Fine Clay resources. This makes building the Terracotta Army pretty much impossible to every Civ except one or two lucky ones.

Flood plains appear to me missing from v19 maps? I've been re-rolling C2C_Terra Gigantic maps without a single flood plain.

Also, when upgrading a current game from v18 to v19, none of the new resources will be on your map. This can make some of the features of v19 hard to appreciate. You may want to start fresh with a v19 map.

14. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yes we do. However I have yet to get past the Industrial Era before starting a new game because of new features I want to test/play.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Unfortunately there is no light version.

We have one week a version dedicated to us playing and finding all the errors we can. Sometimes longer if there are serous problems. We started doing it seriously with v18.

That explains it. I thought we had added the new resources but not gotten round to using them. Hydro must have found the time. ;)

There are also two Terracotta Army wonders. We used to get one now we are getting the other. I personally prefer the old one.

I have noticed this also on C2C_Tectonics. I only get them on some desert tiles. I will need to check the XML for the flood plane definition and see if it has changed. Without flood planes you wont get the various river crocodiles.

That should have been pointed out in the upgrade notice. Again something we missed.

Edit Flood planes have been limited to dune, desert and scrub terrains. In previous versions plains could also have flood plains.

16. ClassicFrog

ClassicFrog Chieftain

Taking into consideration all know bugs and/or gameplay (units/techs/civics ect) unbalances that were identified so far in the latest version as well as previous ones which version do you people think is the most bug-free and polished so i could have a "full game" from prehistoric to future eras and enjoy it the most?

(also, if its some older version can i still download it from somewhere?)

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The eras from Industrial on are still a work in progress.

18. west india man

west india man Immortal

How exactly do Native Cultures work? I don't know how to build certain subcultures due them needing different native cultures (e.g. the American subculture needs both American and European native cultures, as it has the English subculture as a prerequisite)

19. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

So if you're England and you conquer NA or Inca or Aztec or whoever then you can build Culture (America) in one of the Aztec/etc cities you've conquered... I find some things annoying (ie being a middle east and living in the middle of a jungle) Some native cultures need some variety, if you play as Arabia or another middle east civ (I did Babylon) and you don't have desert or floodplains you're doomed or you have to find one or WB (That's what I did, I WBed myself a floodplains)

20. west india man

west india man Immortal

So I can't build Culture (America) in Washington DC even though I'm playing as Roosevelt? :crazyeye: